I don't know how many of you remember the Miracle Train, featuring danshi moe (“boy moe”) personifications of the Chuo train lines...but Moon Phase now reports that the marketing concept is actually being developed into an anime project. No fooling! Yumeta Company is going to animate the series, and a cast has already been selected:
- Rei Tokyo: Hiroyuki Yoshino (Blood+'s Kai, Gundam 00's Allelujah/Hallelujah)
- Shintarou Shinjuku: Ryoutarou Okiayu (Bleach's Byakuya, Fullmetal Alchemist's Scar)
- Riku Nakano: Hiroshi Kamiya (Gundam 00's Tieria, Sayonara Zetsubou-sensei's Itoshiki-sensei)
- Takuto Kichijouji: Miyu Irino (Gundam 00's Saji Crossroad, Tsubasa's Syaoran)
- Rune Tachikawa: Kouki Miyata (Tsubasa's Yukito, RahXephon's Souichi)
Bit of an all star cast (not to mention a Gundam 00 reunion), don't you think? There are already manga and novel adaptations in the works; the new anime is to be titled Miracle Train: Welcome to the Chuo Line (Chuousen e Youkoso) and a website has already opened up as well.
Moon Phase also notes that there appears to be a moefication boom, what with series like Akikan! and Hetalia: Axis Powers around. What do you think? Do you like it when real life objects are made into anime characters, or does it feel too much like pandering?