|I'm Going to Show You|
|Romaji||Misete Agerunda kara|
|TV Air Date|
|July 25, 2007|
(Dolphin Jet)" by Ayane, lyrics and composition by Chiyomaru Shikura,
arrangement by Kōji Ueno|
(Splash Blue: Taiyou to Lemonade)" by Ayumi Murata, lyrics and composition
by Urara Takai, arrangement by Kōji Ueno|
After another training session without any actual training happening, Momoko decides to hold a training camp at school to improve teamwork. The girls will sleep in an old classroom and the boys have to stay in the night duty room. When during the training session everyone is still just lazing about as usual, Momoko tries without mercy to get them to train. Ikamasa, who, together with Amuro and manager Tokuta from the night duty room, is preparing food on a barbeque, tells her to calm down and shoves a mushroom into her mouth. As she continues trying to get people training, Kaname notices she starts wobbling. When he points it out to Tokuta and Amuro, Tokuta notices a poisonous mushroom on a plate with food. He explains that this mushroom grows on Onoshima every 30 years and its effect is the same as getting drunk. In the mean time Momoko starts to take off her swimsuit. When Kaname tries to stop her, she asks him if she is not appealing enough. She pushes him away, strips and jumps into the pool. Kaname then asks Ikamasa for help, who instead congratulates Momoko and follows her example, shocking the others. After successfully stopping Amuro from stripping as well, Kaname wonders how the mushroom ended up on the plate. Amuro tells him she got it from her father and that many more of the same mushrooms grow near their raft. This revelation is overheard by Takeda.
Later, in the bathhouse, complaining she does not remember anything from the day, Momoko asks if something happened. Sanae and Makio tell her nothing happened and she just trained too much. After Momoko tells everyone to hurry, because the boys are next, Makio admires Amuro’s body and asks her how she got her breasts that big. Amuro replies that her father and siblings fondling them is probably the cause, shocking Momoko and Makio. After they all left the bathhouse, Yamana Yoshizawa tells the boys in the night duty room, who are playing mah-jong, that it is their turn to use the bathhouse. As Ikamasa sulks for being last, Kaname asks Jun Tobe where Takeda is. Takeda turns out to be buying something and on the way back decides to go pick the poisonous mushrooms. When the girls return to the classroom, they notice Mirei is still there. Makio asks her if she did not take a bath and she replies she did not need one. Looking at Mirei’s chest, Makio asks her if she gets her chest fondled by many people as well and when Mirei denies, Amuro grabs her breasts from behind and starts fondling them. As Sanae notices they are out of drinks, Chigusa volunteers to go shopping and Sanae tells her to get some snacks as well. When Momoko tells them, that if they want snacks, they will have to pay for them themselves, Amuro volunteers to get snacks she has brought from and drinks from her house instead. While the other girls try to decide what kind of snacks and drinks they want, Mirei sneaks out and heads for the bath house. While enjoying an otherwise empty bath (she does not like to be looked at when wearing just her underwear or less) and thinking about the boys having been in the same water, she suddenly hears voices from the dressing room. It turns out the boys still have to take a bath and when they enter, Mirei worries about getting seen by them. Although she also realises that this would mean seeing them naked as well. Still, she tries to hide and grabs a wash bowl to cover her head with. As the boys seem occupied with talking about Momoko’s behaviour and Mirei’s looks, Mirei tries to escape from the bath. Kaname notices some movement and moves closer to see what it is. Just when he realises it is a person hiding underneath a bowl, there is a power failure due to a lightning strike. Mirei uses the resulting confusion to knock out Kaname and runs to the safety of the dressing room. As the other boys try to help Kaname, she quickly dresses and leaves the bath house. Meanwhile Amuro, Makio, Chigusa and Momoko (she sees joining them as her duty as supervisor) go to Amuro’s house to get snacks and drinks. Suddenly it starts to rain and thunder, so they decide to run for Amuro’s house as the weather gets worse. Amuro, Momoko and Makio manage to jump on the raft in order to take shelter in the house, but Chigusa trips and falls. Inside the house the three girls are removing their wet clothes, not yet knowing the raft broke loose and is now floating away from Onoshima; they only notice this when Amuro decides to check what is keeping Chigusa. Back at the school the power is restored and the girls wonder if Momoko’s group is alright, since there has been a typhoon warning. Mirei seems to have other worries: something seems wrong with her panties. In the dressing room the other boys do not believe Kaname when he tells them someone else was in the bath with them. As he recounts seeing a glimpse of a plump white skin, he notices a pair of panties. Judging by their risqué design he correctly assumes they must be Mirei’s. After receiving a call from Chigusa about Amuro’s house and those in it, Sanae alarms the others. A small group, including Kaname, Ikamasa and Sanae, runs to Onoshima, hoping they can help. After meeting Chigusa there, Ikamasa decides that all they can do is return and wait for the typhoon to pass. He reasons that they should be able to swim back in a calm sea. Out at sea on what is left of Amuro’s house the girls, hungry and thirsty, wonder what to do. Amuro appears to be unaffected by the events, she claims to be used to it. Suddenly Takeda appears, carrying drinks and snacks. He must have snuck aboard when he was searching for the mushrooms. He tells them he is only willing to share the drinks and snacks if they behave sexy and like kittens. Momoko (after being calmed down by Makio) and Makio try, but Takeda is not satisfied. Amuro is next and her very realistic attempt pleases Takeda at first, but when she jumps at him, the startled Takeda falls overboard, losing the snacks and drinks. After he gets back on the raft, his tortured screams alert a passing ship, saving them. In the mean time, Kaname and Ikamasa managed to find Masashi, who has been out fishing all the time. When they tell him what happened, Masashi stays calm, explaining things like that happen to them all the time.
Points of Interest
- Isao Tsutsumi is named for the first time.
- Kaori Himekawa is named for the first time.
- Chigusa Yasu is named for the first time.
- The eyecatch does not appear to be based on a frame from the manga, unlike those of the previous episodes.
Manga & Anime
- In the anime, when the girls for the first time go to the old classroom where they will spend the night, they are joined by Ikamasa, who is then kicked out by Momoko. This is an anime only scene.
- Tokuta remains unnamed in the anime; he is named in the manga though. In the manga he is not present at the training session.
- In the manga Momoko got drunk after drinking a sports drink accidentally prepared by Amuro with sake instead of water. In the anime she gets similar effects after eating a poisonous mushroom instead.
- In the manga the boys are kicked out of the night duty room, because Amuro had used the sake they had given to Tokuta to let them stay there. They decide to spend the night in a hallway. In the anime, since Tokuta still has his sake, they are still allowed to stay in the night duty room.
- In the manga Mirei waits until the other girls are asleep before going to the bath house. There, she runs into the boys, because they kept on playing mah-jong instead of immediately going to take a bath when told the bath was free. In the anime, Mirei went to the bath house soon after the girls returned and the boys did not spend hours playing mah-jong.
- In the anime, from Mirei’s bath scene until the end of the episode many changes were made to the used manga chapters. Chapters 11 and 12 are basically combined as well. The bigger ones are listed below:
- Takeda is absent from the bath house, since he is picking mushrooms, so
his parts there are taken by Isao instead.
- In the manga there is no power outage when the boys are in the bath,
since there is no thunderstorm either. Mirei was just moving too fast to get
recognised by Kaname.
- The barbecue next to Amuro’s house never happened in the anime, since in
the anime the following events take place around the same time as the bath
- In the manga Mirei takes shelter on the raft as well. She also tries to
please Takeda by behaving like a cat.
- Since in the manga the storm happens when the whole club is at Amuro’s
house for a barbeque, the other club members are not at school at the time, but
hide inside a cave near Amuro’s house.
- The changed plot means several minor characters,
like Chigusa, have a more prominent role in the anime episode than in the
corresponding manga chapters.