|I Might Be... Interested...|
|Romaji||Kyōmi... Aru... Kamo...|
|TV Air Date|
|July 11, 2007|
(Dolphin Jet)" by Ayane, lyrics and composition by Chiyomaru Shikura,
arrangement by Kōji Ueno|
(Splash Blue: Taiyou to Lemonade)" by Ayumi Murata, lyrics and composition
by Urara Takai, arrangement by Kōji Ueno|
joined the swimming club, Amuro meets the other members at the school’s pool.
Kaname thinks it is surprising Momoko invited her personally, to which Momoko
replies that it is just to strengthen the team, not because she accepts Amuro’s
swimming style. When Makio greets Amuro, she is mistaken for a first year
middle school student. Makio asks if she has swum with dolphins back on Okinawa and Amuro replies she has and sometimes ate them
as well, shocking Makio, shattering her dream. Amuro moves on to greet some
other members, Sanae Kise, Takeda and Mirei Shizuoka. When telling Mirei she
has large breasts, embarrassing her, the male members are seen thinking both of
them are large. As Kaname jumps in to introduce Mirei to Amuro, she instantly
recognises him as the guy who cannot swim. Calling him Kaname-chan, she asks
him why he is in the swimming club if he cannot swim and he explains being the
manager. Momoko and Sanae join in, telling he tried to swim at first and Sanae
starts a story about mermaids, annoying Kaname.
swimming club captain Masa “Ikamasa” Ikariya appears out of the water. After
getting introduced, he pulls a knife out of his swimming trunks and uses it to
shave Amuro’s leg and arm, claiming reducing water resistance this way is
necessary. As Momoko violently stops him, Amuro asks Makio if this is part of
everyday practice, which Makio denies. Ikamasa interrupts them and decides to
hold a shaving party for Amuro, throwing around razors. As Momoko starts
telling Ikamasa he should not, Amuro starts shaving her back. After encouragement
from Ikamasa, the other boys start chasing some of the girls with razors. He
also tells Kaname to shave Amuro, who by now is harassing Makio with a razor.
Kaname tries, but after accidentally cutting the shoulder straps of her
swimsuit, he decides to run for it and hide behind the building containing the
dressing room and storage room, running into Mirei, who is hiding there as
well. She tells him she does not want to be shaved either, but “might be…
interested…” in shaving the opposite sex, shocking Kaname with this revelation.
As he thinks he must have misheard her, he is discovered by Amuro, who shaves
his sideburns as revenge. Afterward, as Kaname, Amuro and Makio leave for home,
Amuro tells them she enjoyed herself and Makio tells her that her joining
really increased the club’s strength. She also explains that although Mirei and
Momoko are very good swimmers, she herself can barely swim (her goal is being
able to swim 25 m). After Makio leaves them at the railway station, Amuro proposes
she and Kaname walk to and from school together, since they both live on Onoshima Island. Kaname, afraid people will
misunderstand their relationship tells her no and to stop calling him “-chan”.
Amuro, not listening, sees something in the water.
morning, as Amuro arrives at school together with Kaname, who does not enjoy
the jealous looks, she spots Mirei and greets her, asking her where she lives.
Greeting her as well, Kaname recalls what he knows about Mirei. As he later
during training times her, he thinks of her as neat, clean and elegant (and
popular because of that), but also wonders about her remark the day before. As
usual, many guys, including Takeda, are staring at her as she swims, angering
Momoko, whose violent behaviour scares them away. As Momoko comments Kaname had
the same perverted look in his eyes, Makio starts feeling up Mirei’s breasts,
claiming it is to find out who is bigger, Mirei or Amuro. Momoko interrupts,
hands Makio her kickboard and leads her away like a kid, telling her to practice.
Kaname comments to Mirei that even if it is between girls, getting touched is
too much. Mirei agrees, but adds she”… might be… interested…” touching the
opposite sex, shocking Kaname again. As Momoko rages about the lack of serious
training, Amuro watches an absent-minded Kaname. As male spectators keep on
staring at Amuro and Mirei, continuingly angering Momoko, Mirei asks Kaname to
help her practice starting. After training Mirei thanks Kaname for helping him
and leaves for home. Just as he thinks she can only be clean and elegant, the
wind blows up her skirt, revealing her sexy underwear. Amuro arrives and walks
home with a still shocked Kaname, who asks her if she prefers being looked at
perversely or looking at others perversely. Amuro clearly does not know and as
they enter the bridge to Onoshima Island, she starts
walking on the bridge’s railing, despite Kaname’s warning and worried looks. She
then aks him if he wants to be able to swim, claiming his expression tells her
that. Kaname explains he does not mind only supporting his club members. She
suddenly falls off the bridge and Kaname, seeing her struggling, thinks she has
got cramp in her leg. Just as he is thinking about jumping into the ocean to
rescue her, Amuro, now floating, shows the cause was a seal, Ono-chan, who
starts living near Onoshima and becomes sort of a celebrity.
Points of Interest
- Again, about all the current (named) members of the swimming club are shown, but about half of them remain unnamed and even without any text.
- Sanae Kise gets named in this episode, but, unlike the others, this happens without a textbox with her name, specialty and year.
- The title refers to Mirei talking about looking at and touching others.
Manga & Anime
- Amuro greeting Sanae only happens in the anime, Sanae does not appear until chapter 10 of the manga. Most of the “not named yet” characters do not appear in the manga chapter either, their first appearance is much later as well.
- Amuro asking Kaname if he wants to be able to swim and discovering Ono-chan happens a day later in the anime. In the manga it happens after her first day as a swimming club member, when walking home with Kaname for the first time (at the end of chapter 5), in the anime after the next day’s training, after the chapter 6 material. Amuro does see something in the water during her first walk home with Kaname.
- The training scene gets extended in the anime: In the manga Momoko tries to scare off the spectators only once, instead of multiple times, as in the anime. Ikamasa’s antics during one of those situations are anime-only as well. Also, the scene of Makio feeling up Mirei does not happen in the manga. Neither does Mirei’s comment about being interested in touching the opposite sex afterward.
- Kaname asking Amuro about being looked at happens on the way home in the anime, in the manga it happens in the schoolyard (and Makio is present as well).
- Also, Mirei’s skirt incident happens right after this conversation in the manga (Amuro and Makio being present, but not noticing it), while in the anime it happens before the conversation and Amuro does not arrive until after it happened. (Makio is absent altogether)