Tower of Heaven Arc
Home -"Home" (None)
After Erza's frightful vision of her future if she is dead, she wakes up to Natsu holding bridal style. She learns that she must live for her friends which leads to a happier future from Natsu. Erza also bid a tearful farewell to her old friends, Millianna, Wally, and Sho. Upon reaching the newly built Fairy Tail and meeting the new recruits Juvia and Gajeel, Erza and the group feel that they are truly at home after a riot breaks out. However, there are unrest at the guild when Team Shadow Gear attacks Gajeel to get retribution. Suddenly, Laxus joins in and beat Gajeel brutally. It is too late for Jet and Droy to realize that Gajeel had never fought back because he wants everyone to accept and forgive him. When Laxus attacks Levy, Gajeel protects her. Laxus thinks to himself that he will take Fairy Tail from his grand father.
"R.P.G. ~Rockin' Playing Game" by SuG
She sees her friends from the Fairy Tail guild attending a funeral at a cemetery in the rain. Makarov is saying his eulogy for Erza Scarlet as everyone is mourning. The 10 wizard saints honor Erza with a seat for the 10 wizard saints. Suddenly, Natsu barges in and yells that she's not dead. Two or three members of Fairy Tail grabs Natsu and holds him down. Natsu's act causes everyone to cry out loud with tears streaming out of their eyes.
Erza's farewell to friends at Beach and Hotel
Erza awakens from her vision and sees Natsu holding her bridal style. Natsu tells Erza not to do that again which Erza learns that people live for their friends and that is the way to a happy future. At the hotel, Erza welcomes her old friends, Wally, Shou, and Millianna, to the Fairy Tail guild since they do not have any place to go. After that scene, Lucy narrates about Erza's thoughts, Erza believes Jellal took her place and fused with the etherion and send the implosion skyward, and as Lucy narrates (writes in her book), Erza steps in and asks Lucy where are Shou, Millianna, and Wally. When Erza finds her friends are leaving, she tells them the 3 conditions of leaving Fairy Tail. (See Heading below) As Erza and her friends sends off fireworks, Shou, Millianna, and Wally shed tears and say they will not forget Erza ever.
Back to Fairy Tail Guild (Home)
When team Natsu see their newly improved home, all of them are surprised with the new additions except Natsu who says everything is too different. Then Mararov tells them that Juvia and Gajeel are new members of Fairy Tail team. Natsu, Erza, Jet, and Droy are not happy with Gajeel joining their guild because of Gajeel's attacks on Levy's team. However, the mood changes once Mirajane welcomes Natsu's team home with a song. After Mirajane is done, Gajeel joins in and sings "Shooby Boo Bop" and some people do not like it (Natsu) while some others like it (Juvia). Just as the mood changes, the Fairy Tail guild starts to fight each other when a chain reaction of events trigger an all out brawl. Actually, when Gajeel throws the guitar at Natsu, the two fought each other causing Gray to knock Erza's strawberry cake by accident. When Elfman steps on Erza's strawberry cake, Erza beats Elfman and everybody riots and leaving the master in tears while Lucy and Happy take a break behind a counter.
Unrest at Fairy Tail
Levy's team calls out Gajeel to a park where they take their revenge on Gajeel by double teaming him. However, Gajeel does not fight back. When Laxus finds Levy's team, Laxus unleashes his rage and disgust on Gajeel telling everyone why people make fun of Fairy Tail guild. Jet and Droy want Laxus to stop once they realized why Gajeel is not fighting back. Levy says Gajeel wants to be accepted by Fairy Tail. Yet, Laxus throws a tantrum and immediately shoots thunderbolts at Levy, but Gajeel blocks the attack. As Gajeel walks away, Laxus stops and walks off saying he will change Fairy Tail.
"Kimi ga Iru Kara" by Mikuni Shimokawa
Points of Interest
Erza's Conditions For Quitting Fairy Tail
- You must never reveal sensitive information about Fairy Tail members to enemies. You must take that information to the grave.
- You must not have unauthorized contact with past clients to profit from them.
- Do not treat your life insignificant. Do not forget your friends as long as you live.
The 1st condition deals with betrayal and endangering current Fairy Tail members. The 2nd condition is to prevent former members to steal potential jobs from Fairy Tail. The 3rd condition is a bit ambiguous. Erza implies that you should not put yourself down and forget your friends.
Manga & Anime Differences
- Interestingly, the anime has cut out a scene from the manga where Millianna steals food from a vendor because she did not know that she had to pay for it.
- In the manga volume 13, Fairy Tail had a visit from Jason, a photographer from Weekly Sorcerer, and it is after Natsu and his team had reached home but before Laxus attacks Gajeel. Also, there are Fairy Tail waitresses in the manga whereas in the anime, there were none.
- In the manga, Gajeel binds Mirajane with his iron cuffs to prevent her from singing in Fairy Tail when Jason comes to visit the guild. Compared to manga, Gajeel did not bind Mirajane and sing right after Mirajane finished her song.
- The scene from the manga that reveals Laxus reading a Weekly Sorcerer and attacking Zato, a afro man who appears during the Nirvana Arc.
- Also, Gajeel protects Levy differently. In the manga, he jumps in and takes the lightning attack on his chest whereas in the anime, he uses his arm like a lightning rod.
Makarov shares his ideas in this episode. His narrations are about how the next generation (Natsu, Erza, Gray, Lucy, and others of similar age) are changing and becoming real leaders. Makarov feels he should retire and pass down the torch to the next generation.