Kazekage Rescue Arc
Hiruko vs. Two Kunoichi! - ヒルコVS二人の女忍者 (Hiruko vs. Futari no Kunoichi)
At last, the showdown between the old woman and her grandson begins. Sakura is confused by Sasori’s strange appearance, and Granny Chiyo explains that this is Hiruko…
"Hero's Come Back!!" by nobodyknows
"Michi ~ to you all" by aluto
Sakura and Lady Chiyo are beginning their fight against Sasori, the actual grandson of Chiyo who went rouge 20 years ago. But if they want to defeat him they first need to defeat Hiruko. But this puppet has some fatal tricks. If either Sakura or Chiyo get a single scratch then a very toxic poison will enter their body.
Sakura faces off against Hiruko
To defeat the Hiruko puppet they dodged all of its tricks. Using spectacular teamwork to avoid hundreds of poised needles aimed at them. As soon as Sasori used up all of Hiruko's tricks, Sakura was able to deliver a punch strong enough to shatter the puppet. Then, Sasori almost reveals his true face but the episode ends before we can see what he looks like.
Meanwhile, Naruto is letting his rage get the best of him. With Deidara taunting him by insulting Gaara, the Kyubi's charkra is coming out. Kakashi is trying to prevent Naruto from doing anything rash but he may have his hands full.
Points of Interest
- This episode begins with the last few minutes of the previous episode.
- Shino Aburame and Kankuro only appear in this episode through Chiyo's explanation of how Puppet Master Jutsu ninja have difficulty in close range combat. Kankuro can be heard in a later flashback of when Sakura was extracting the poison from his body.
- Sasori reveals in this episode that he constructs some of his puppets with human bodies. Hiruko at one time was a human man from another village.
- Sasori explains that once he adds Chiyo and Sakura to his collection. He would have exactly 300 in his collection. This means he currently holds 298 puppets made from human bodies.
- The image of Sakura used as Chiyo compares her strength to Tsunade mimics the cover of Naruto Volume 30.
- Deidara confirms that at this point in the story that two other Jinchuriki have been captured and killed by the Akatsuki.
- In this episode, the Riinegan in Pain's eyes is improperly colored. They should be the silver-blue through the whole eye.
Hidden Leaf Tourism Association Omake:
- In the Omake after the credits, Naruto has Chiyo have some of the Leaf Village's famous dango and he goes on to tell her about the people who have come to the village just to have them. She pretends to die after taking one bite to see Naruto panic.
- Choji Akimichi's post time skip look makes a brief appearance at the start of this omake. His back is turned and he's standing outside the dango shop with Shikamaru.
- The characters who are showcased in this omake are Anko Mitarashi, Itachi Uchiha, and Kisame Hoshigaki.
Moves This Episode
Puppet Performance: Skillful Achievement with a Human Body
|Sasori||Puppet Master Jutsu|
Hiruko: Puppet Jutsu - 1000 Mechanical Arms
|Kankuro||Puppet Master Jutsu (flashback)|
|Shino Aburame||Insect Clone Jutsu (flashback)|
|Deidara||Detonating Clay - C2: Dragon|
Detonating Clay - C1 Dragon
|Pain (Deva Path)||Mirror Reflection Jutsu|
|Sakura Haruno||Chakra Enhanced Strength (flashback)|
Poison Extraction Jutsu (flashback)
|Pain (Deva Path)||Astral Projection Jutsu|