Happy to Meet You - "Aete ureshii" (会えて嬉しい)
In the first story, Bossun and Sasuke team up to write a banner for the Chorus club while Hime, Switch, and the rest of the student council spy on their first brotherly activity. Later, Sasuke visits Bossun's family for dinner. Sasuke finds out what his real parents look like.
Can Bossun and Sasuke complete the Chorus Club banner and can they get along as brothers?
"Message" by The Sketchbook
Tsubaki asks Sojiro and his classmates to help him write the banner. When Tsubaki enters the Sket Dan home room, she pressures Bossun and Sasuke to sit together. She stares at them and thinks about how to make them look the same. Hime asks Switch for a wig, and Switch hands over a Bossun wig. They make him wear a Popman's hat as well. Hime makes a point that Tsubaki's eyes are severe while Bossun's eyes make Bossun look dumb. Later, Bossun and Sasuke prepare to draw characters for the banner while Hime, Switch, and the student council spy from afar. Bossun and Switch are going to take turn writing the characters. Then, Bossun writes the character wrong. Bossun plans to change the character to god, and Sasuke decides to do all of his characters at once. However, he messes by writing them down without spaces. It now reads as "knock it off, club." Bossun writes some characters which read Tanabe who they have no clue who is Tanabe. Taking the remaining space, Sasuke decides to abbreviate it. The result is "national high mixer." Later, the principal calls Sojiro into his office. Daisy tells the twin brothers to lick each other wounds. Bossun and Sasuke freaks out at the end.
2nd Story: Happy to Meet You
Rumi makes that face
At Bossun's house, Bossun tries to look mature by reading the newspaper; Rumi is wearing her best Sunday dress. When the doorbell rings, Bossun and Rumi would not open it and argue over who should open it. Akane opens the door and sees Sasuke's resemblance to Haru. Rumi looks at Sasuke and warns him not to get close and that he has to pay tribute in candy. Meanwhile, Bossun is doing squats and ignoring Sasuke. Akane scolds them for arguing and notices that they are like oil and water. Strange, Rumi gets a text message from Switch who tells her that watching them fight is funny. Then, the family and Sasuke sit down to eat dinner. Sasuke and Bossun struggle to eat because Sasuke is left handed and Bossun is right handed. Bossun and the gang learn what Sasuke likes and how he doesn't know to play with robots.
Photo of Bossun and Tsubaki
When dinner is over, Akane sets up the video camera. Sasuke explains that he didn't want to find out about his parents since there is no point and that he is running away from the truth. As the video plays, Sasuke is mesmerized by the footage of his parents. Before Sasuke leaves, Bossun walks Sasuke outside. Akane overhears them and sees they are taking photos of each other in secret. On the following day, the Sket Dan crew and the student council meet with each other at the front of the gate. Meanwhile, Akane sees a portrait of Bossun and Sasuke facing the Buddha statue. The gang finds something suspicious especially how Bossun blushes. Akane notices the distance between them.
"カッコ悪い I Love You" by French Kiss
Points of Interest
- Sasuke thinks Bossun has nice hand writing.
- Sasuke is left handed and Bossun is right handed according to their names.
- Credits: They play I Love You with a compilation of 1st year's episodes with the various opening sequences in the background.
- MWK: (Manma to WAni ni hamatta na, Kuuki-yame-o) means "You fell for it hook, line, and sinker, Get-with-the-prgra-man!"
- BKK: (Buzama ni Kizu wo nameae, Kusomushidomo) means "Lick each other's wounds, worms.
Manga & Anime Differences
This episode covers chapters _ and 97 of volume 11.
- In the anime, there is a subtle motif where two small birds fly together. These two birds represent Bossun and Sasuke. They are seen again when Akane picks up Sasuke and Bossun's photo at the end.
- Extra Ending: The anime has an added ending where Bossun and Sasuke are seen in front of the school. Their friends suspect that they have done something together. This is not present in the manga.
- Differences in videotape scenes: In the manga, Akane is not seen in the tape when Sasuke watches the home videos. Only Haru and Ryosuke are seen. (Have to check the anime again for this scene).
- The anime added Ryosuke and Bossun together in a snapshot when Akane compares the two brothers to their parents. The manga doesn't do that comparison shot.