Yo whaddup Vicers! Man its been a while since I've whipped up a weekly report. I apologize for keeping you guys waiting, and I apologize to my teammates who had to deal with my frequent absences - which will probably get worse until the school term starts up again.
Anyways, its back to Guilty Crown mode! So much drama and action happens during this episode as we approach the series finale. Hope you enjoy this report, and don't forget to add your thoughts and comments!
Funeral Parlor (Undertaker) and the U.N. both close in on Ward 24 to bring a halt to Gai's actions. Shu, alongside his allies pursue their main goal to save Inori and to stop Gai, Yuu and Keido from resurrecting Mana and recreating the Lost Christmas event. During the infiltration, Shu encounters Yuu, who offers Shu the forbidden apple anf hence become Mana's mate.
Will Shu accept Yuu's offer? And will Shu manage to save Inori before she is completely possessed by Mana?
Some loose ends are starting to get tied together, although I admit there are still big question marks being drawn.
Shu has shown a lot of growth compared to the person and character he was before. He is still himself, but he has become braver and doesn't hesitate before taking an action (which was something he did a lot at the start of the series)
We finally learn more about the Yuu character and what he really is.
They should have had an origin story for Inori. All we got was a screencap of Gai saving her from a lab and that's all..
Yuu also deserved more screen-time and a stronger origin story.
Overall, the pacing of the anime was a little too fast, and the ideas weren't as organized as they should be for viewers to be able to follow along.
Points of Interest
- Could Ayase be interested in Shu? I kinda got that vibe from this episode. Also, this was the first time she asked for help getting on to her Endlave
- I found it cute that both Shu and Inori said the same thing when asked why they loved one another.
- Another point of interest was when Inori began singing Euterpe when she slowly began to turn into Mana. If you read through the lyrics of that song, its basically about Inori talking to a wildflower. Interestingly, when Inori is covered with crystals and her tear manages to escape and it bloomed into a flower, I re-read the lyrics of the Euterpe song, and noticed that the flower in the song is most-likely a symbol representing Inori.
Euterpe - EGOIST
Original / Romaji Lyrics
|Saita no no hana yo|
Aa douka oshiete okure
Hito wa naze kizutsukeatte
Arasou no deshou
|Oh, field flower that has bloomed,|
Ah, somehow, please tell me:
Why is it that people hurt each other
|Rin to saku hana yo|
Soko kara nani ga mieru
Hito wa naze yurushiau koto
Dekinai no deshou
|Oh, flower that blooms with the asphalt,|
What can you see from there?
Why is it that people
Cannot forgive each other?
|Ame ga sugite natsu wa|
Ao wo utsushita
Hitotsu ni natte
Watashi no mae de
Nani mo iwazu ni
|In the summer, the rain passed|
And the blue reflected,
Small, it rippled
In front of me,
Without saying a thing.
|Karete yuku tomo ni|
Omae wa nani wo omou
Kotoba wo motanu sono ha de
Nanto ai wo tsutaeru
|What do you think|
When your friends wilt?
With those leaves that do not carry words,
How do you convey your love?
|Natsu no hi wa kagette|
Kaze ga nabiita
Ikita akashi wo
Watashi wa utaou
Na mo naki mono no tame
|The summer sun is clouded|
And the wind fluttered.
I shall sing
The proof that life once existed
For those who do not have a name.
Thanks a bunch for checking out this report! Please share your thoughts and ideas about the series thus far! Also, I strongly recommend that you gus check out the Guilty Crown threads listed below, alongside the other community blogs listed below. Show your support by checking out your community members' work!
A special thanks goes out to Taka for his amazing work on the Guilty Crown wiki pages...heck, I think he's even done more GC work than I have! Also another special thanks goes out to ColorBrandon and Wraith for keeping the GC threads alive, and being an active member on the GC team by sharing his thoughts and ideas on the series.
Guilty Crown Threads :
- Share Your Favourite Guilty Crown OST by Kuro
- Guilty Crown Ending Interpretations by ColorBrandon
- Guilty Crown News: New York Comic Con and Manga Adaptations by Takashichea
- Guilty Crown Trailer by Nick Robinson
- What's Your Favorite Guilty Crown Characters? by Taka
- Guilty Crown Visual Novel Game: Lost Christmas by Taka
- Guilty Crown Wiki Project by Taka
- Guilty Crown Wiki List by Kuro
Community Blogs and Reports:
- Community Spotlight 6/7/12 by FoxxFireArt
- Guilty Crown Ep 22 report (Coming Soon) by Kuro
- Sket Dance ep 61 by Taka
- Sket Dance Ep. 60 By Taka
- Sket Dance ep 61 by Taka
- Legend of Korra Ep. 1 and 2 Discussion by Taka
- Rock Lee and His Ninja Pals Ep. 4-8 By Taka
- Anime Trailers: Arcana Famiglia, Sword Art Online, Kono Naka ni Hitori, Imouto ga Iru!, Oda Nobuna no Yabo, Girls Und Panzer ,
- Anthology Blogs: Spring 2012 and Guilty Crown
- Beelzebub Wrap-up by ShadowKnight508
- Mysterious Girlfriend X Ep. 7 and 8 by MetalSnakeZero
- Platonic Harem: Kore wa Zombie Desu ka?
- Dub Cast: Kore wa Zombie Desu ka?
- Community Spotlight 5-31-12 by FoxxFireArt
That's it from me Vicers! See you later, and peace!
KuroNekoXIII (KuroNeko, Neko, Kuro.. Call me whatever floats your boat :D )
Member of Team W.I.K.I Nation and Guilty Crown