Black Lagoon: Goat, Jihad, Rock'N Roll Arc
Guerrillas in the Jungle
Rock has been captured by terrorist and meets with their leader - who is also an outcast from Japan, but for completely different reasons. Revy and the Taiwanese mercenary, Shenhua, have to beat down the doors of the terrorist camp to get Rock back and transport their cargo to the CIA.
"Red Fraction" by MELL
"Don't Look Behind" by EDISON
Points of Interest
- Dutch nor Benny have any appearance in this episode.
- Masahiro Takenaka is revealed in this episode to been a member of the Japanese Red Army (日本赤軍, Nihon Sekigun) that existed between 1971 to 2001. Their goal was to overthrow the Japanese government and monarchy and to start a world revolution. Though the group had fled from Japan, their leader, Fusako Shigenobu, was arrested in Osaka in November 2000.
- Some of the scenes that are shown as Takenaka is talking could be from any of the several airport hijackings the Japanese Red Army were responsible for. One of the more famous was the Lod Airport Massacre in 1972. Though one image shows the release of the passengers. This is more likely their first known attack on the Japan Airlines Flight 351 in March 1970.
- In manga when Shenhua looked in on Rock for the first time her face was splattered with blood. There was none shown in the anime version.
- In the anime, the drugs that Leigharch are using is never revealed. It's suggested he's smoking marijuana cigarettes since Revy passes Rock one.
- The language Shenhua is speaking during the car fight scene is Taiwanese.
- During his drug crazed driving, Leigharch talks about Jane Fonda and Raquel Welch. Both were famous sex symbols in their time as actresses. Though, Jane Fonda became infamous in the U.S. for her anti-war propaganda. The Barbarella he later mentions is the name of a character that Jane Fonda once played.
- Though Revy calls the CIA agent "Mr. Langley", that isn't his name. This is just a blanket name for agents because the CIA is based in Langley, Virginia.
- One of the CIA agents comments to Revy about how the police in NYC would be surprised to hear that she's still alive. It's revealed in this episode that Revy is wanted for an unknown crime in the U.S. This has been suggested to be a murder she committed when she was young. In fifth episode of the third Black Lagoon season, the murder was of a man who was abusing her both physically and sexually. It's assumed to of been her American father, but not confirmed.