Fight to the very end!
Misaki tells Jin to cop a feel when Jin remarks it will be the last time they will wear the school uniform. She acts shy when Jin advances on her. Then, the two make their way to the ceremony, and Jin finds out that the students are handing out sakura brooches. Meanwhile, Rita explains that it was Akasaka's idea to have the graduates and everyone wear sakura brooches. Outside, Akasaka waits with Rita, and he remarks how Nanami is crying which actually occurred. While Jin gives the opening speech, Mashiro calms down both Nanami and Sorata by telling them that today is the color of cherry blossoms. Then, Chihiro has Misaki give a speech even though some of the parents want Soichiro to do it. Misaki shares what her teacher told her back in middle school and her dreams at Sakura Hall, a home where friends greet each other. She states that her dreams came truth, and everyone in Sakura Hall get teary eyed. Misaki continues sharing her fun experiences with her friends at Sakura Hall and their biggest accomplishment. Even with those positive experiences, she talks about their hardships and how much they wanted to run away and give up. Misaki gives thanks to Chihiro who helped them, thanks to Mashiro, thanks to Nanami for providing voice work, thanks to Akasaka, thanks to Sorata for never giving up on her, and finally, thanks to everyone. Mashiro asks everyone to stop Sakura Hall from being demolished.
Then, the principal demands Mashiro to step down, and Jin explains that they turn in the manuscript, but the principal did not bother checking it. When the faculty try to stop Misaki, Sorata steps in to make his voice heard, and both Mashiro and Nanami make their statements. When Daichi and Mashiro's friend show their support, the students join in to share their support. Sorata cries to Misaki about the stuff they didn't get to do, and Misaki reassures him to share those experiences with the younger students. Akasaka arrives to scene and state that all the students are on Sakura's Hall side, and Soichiro share his thoughts. When Chihiro wants the principal to answer her question out loud, Misaki has another idea which everyone throws their sakura brooch up in the air. Later, Kanda and the rest of the Sakura Hall group stand outside the assembly. Mashiro and the others scold Kanda. Then, the group hear Himemiya's piano song, and the Sakura group begin singing the song.
Points of Interest
The following quotes are from the Crunchyroll subtitle script, timestamps are approximate.
Misaki: "Chihiro-sensei. I know you've always worked hard to support us...without placing any burdens on us. You are like a sister and a friend. You are my beloved teacher.
— Her Big Thank You
- Mashiron. I loved your eyes. It was love at first sight. Since the very beginning, you looked at me the same way you looked at everyone else. I hope I can always be proud...of the me that I see in your eyes. Mashiron, I look up to you.
- Nanamin! Since you provided voice acting for my work, I'd hoped you would become the last member of Sakura Hall. You made my wish come true.
- Dragon! You've been hurt by your previous friendships. You do everything you can to shield your heart. There were times I felt you and I were the same. You are my friend. If you feel the same way about me, even a little, I'm happy. Please continue being friends with Rittan!
- Finally, kouhai-kun. You always listened to everything I had to say. You even stayed up all night playing games with me. No matter what I did to you, you never left my side. It made me so happy, I couldn't contain my excitement. I'm sorry for all the trouble I've caused you. "
Soichiro: "Why don't you accept it already? I heard Sakura Hall was originally created to nurture... the talents of art students, regardless of society's framework. I don't mean to say that the problem children of Sakura Hall... who cannot follow the rules are necessarily right. But the way they are true to themselves and see their own potential, and the strong bonds they share... has made me jealous of Sakura Hall.
— His Explanation
- Japanese Name: "Sotsugyōshiki" (卒業式)
- Opening Theme: N/A
- Ending Theme: "Prime Number (Kimi to Deaeru Hi)" (Prime Number ~君と出会える日~) by Asuka Ookura