- Superman held a mini blackhole in his hand.
Superman held a device that held a mini black hole. Atom discover a device containing a black hole the size of a dust particle. The device almost opens up but superman says that he stopped it before it could be released. Superman is strained from the small bit of gravity that got out before it was released.
- Superman can survive inside a black hole.
In the very few encounters superman has had with black holes in every instance it has been implied he would die if caught inside one. An artificial mini black hole was created and superman said his legs felt like they were being torn off being near it. He escapes from its pull and stops it by throwing a ship inside of it.
- Also this
"Instead, the study authors think that tiny black holes would behave very differently from their larger brethren in deep space, called astrophysical or stellar-mass black holes... At that size the black hole wouldn't swallow much matter and would instead mostly trap atoms and some larger molecules into circling orbits"
"the main behavioral difference between small and large black holes is what happens at the so-called event horizon, the closest an object can get to a black hole before it becomes impossible to escape. The larger and more massive a black hole is, the wider its event horizon. By contrast, the event horizon for a mini black hole is smaller even than the diameter of an atom. This means that a mini black hole can zip through an entire planet and still have very little chance of veering close enough to an atom for it to pass the event horizon."
- Superman endured the pull of two black holes.
Superman was inside of a Stargate type wormhole created by starlabs that connected to another world. Superman surmised that it was created by creating two black holes that had a bridge between them (a rift in space) of space built between that would allow people to traverse light years. He and draxt were both stuck until superman accelerated to light speed.
- Superman survived a supernova explosion.
- Superman survived the destruction of a Star while inside it, and was knocked unconscious. Super Novas are not just exploding stars, it's more to it than that. If our sun were to explode it wouldn't go nova.
- Superman can move planets/moons by himself. Superman Can destroy planets with his fists.
- Superman has never moved a planet or a moon without aid. By himself he has failed to move moons equal, greater, and lower in mass than earths moon. Even with aid of a dozen Kryptonians. He couldn't destroy the shadow moon( which was the exact mass and weight of the moon), without going close to light Speed and flying into it, which knocked him unconscious.
- Superman failed to stop a moon even with a dozen Kryptonian's helping him.
- He struggles even with the aid of Wonder Woman, Green Lantern and a whole team of magic users.
- After being powered by Strange Visitor and a sundip he still struggled moving warworld which only the size of pluto (smaller than earths moon). Brainiac also states Kal normally wouldn't have the strength to move war world.
-Superman, Martian Manhunter and Wonder Woman never moved Earth. They werent even trying to. they were tryin to correcting its out of control rotation and they failed doing just that. Kyle ended up having to do it by himself.
- Superman is faster than light.
Perhaps the most prevalent Superman myth. But in reality Superman has never been shown to achieve faster than light speeds post Crisis. Trying to convince people of this in a debate is futile. Nevertheless the facts are the facts. A commonly used feat
- Nowhere in the picture does it state that superman is traveling faster than light. No indication of how long it took him to fly to the moon. In actuality the picture is stating that superman is not Superluminal. "Space bends around him at this speed time slows down." This is describing the process of approaching light speed. Dont take my word for it. Take NASA's
Lex 2000 scan in context
- He says he's not Superluminal.
-Bruce made an unsubstantiated guess. The speed at which Superman was traveling was not stated. Neither was the time it took him to travel from London to the Sun and back again.
- Superman went under light speed when he destroyed the shadow thief's moon. superman himself stated twice he cant move at ftl speeds. The writer is incorrect.
-Superman/Batman 13 and Justice League of America 30. No time given it took for superman to get to the sun. No speed given for superman in the comic. People are saying that he went Faster than light, just because he flew to the sun in an undisclosed amount of time traveling an unknown speed. And the writer is mistaken. Superman hasnt gione ftl before, not that it matters because he decided to have him fly at light speed.
- In For tomorrow, Superman Twice said that he only traveled a million miles. If Superman were to have gone to another solar system, it would have taken Superman 7 years moving at twice the speed of light. The comic was written by Brian Azzarello. In the same arch Azzarello had Superman move slower than a bullet, which cost several men their lives. He also had Superman be harmed by titanium.
- Superman has Superluminal combat speed.
There doesn't appear to be any evidence of this, at all.
- This one is a two for. the electromagnetic shock wave from the bomb was light speed and it hit Superman. That should be sufficient enough to show he was not moving at superluminal speeds. The speed of the radiation that followed was unknown. But on the following page, PA Kent was able to talk to his son as he rescued him, it's very unlikely that it was traveling at light speeds. Also he said the Super Nova level radiation following the EM wave, would have incinerated him.
- Superman moving faster than light speeds in Wonder Woman 219. Going by the statement by Maxwell Lord people say this is an FTL feat. But it's very vague. He claimed the entire fight, but he could have just been talking about how long it took wonder woman to knock superman out, after they crash landed back on Earth. If they were moving FTL, the whole time, then that would mean the birds Wonder Woman called to attack superman in the fight, were also FTL. And if you argue they stopped going ftl when thy crash landed, that means neither of them have FTL fighting speed.