Welcome to the third Weekly Gintama's article! I'm Takashichea, a member of Team W.I.K.I. Nation who does work on Sket Dance. My partner on Gintama is MohsinMan99. For this episode: When You Go To a Funeral for the First Time, You're be Surprise by How Happy the People Are, Anna was kind and added the images. Thank her for the images.
In this week's episode, we learn about the Japanese culture's customs at the funeral with a comedic twist.
After the death of a restaurant owner who is famous for his customized meals (based on customer's preferences), Gintoki with his Odd Jobs gang and Hijikata with the Shinsengumi pay their respects. During the funeral, Gintoki and Hijikata see the owner's ghost and suspects he is making sure everyone properly respects him and sends him off to the afterlife in an honorable way. Will Gintoki and his gang send the owner happy into the afterlife or will their idiocies get them dishonor and cursed?
Tune in and watch Gintama episode 231!
Beware of Spoilers!
Warning: This episode is not for children or younger. Contains pix-elated male genitalia.
- Despite the vulgar content in this episode, the latter half of the episode is hysterical. It'll keep you laughing.
- Gintoki and Hijikata's group members, Kagura, Sogo, and Kondo, have spectacular moments where they mess up the funeral.
- The ending is a great surprise.
- The excuse that Gintoki and Hijisaki give is pretty damn funny.
- When Gintoki tells the owner's wife to pick the right dick among the penises on the wagon, that was little too much.
- If you are a person who does not like to see the male genitalia and barf at the sight, don't watch this episode. You'll see a ton of them; there are suggested scenes at the end.
- Gintoki: "You've seen the owner's dick hundreds, thousands of times. ... Believe in the dick of the owner you believe." What does that even mean. Is that a reference to Star Wars? Believe in the force.
- What's with the owner and penises? Plus, the broken penises or penisclam remind me of dildos. No comment there.
- From MohsinMan99, the monk's bizarre acting is never explained or how he got into the coffin is not explained.
Anime References and Trivia Questions
- DBZ parody: The owner's ghost becomes a Super Saiyan.
- Trivia Question: Gintoki Sakata - See link to answer his question if you have watched the episode.
Overall, the episode gets really hysterical at the end. If you can tolerate penises, you are good with the episode. Otherwise, this episode is vulgar, crude, and hard to bear.
I thank you guys for reading this report; I thank my team and MohsinMan99 for all the support. Please get involved in the community. You'll see the dominoes just falling in place when you take the initiative.
For this episode, Anna did the short plot, added the characters, and the images. I did the big plot, seiyuu, and credits.
- Check out FoxxFireArt's Community Spotlight page for yesterday and comment. We need to support each other in this community.
- For those who are new to making beginner guides, head on down to see Sotyfan16's blog, Guide to Making Guides. He's the CEO in Anime Vice. Don't forget to vote for a stellar community member in Vicer of the Month: October. It ends on Oct. 29th.
This Week's Reports
- Beelzebub 39: His Brother is a Crybaby! by Taka
- Sket Dance 30: Crank up the Nyora! by Taka
- Sket Dance ep. 9 by KuroNekoXIII
- Guilty Crown 3 by KuroNekoXIII
- Rave Master Beginner Guide (Coming on Sunday or next week) by Taka
Last Week's Reports
- Beelzebub 38: The Sibling Rivalry by Taka
- Gintama 230: This Title is a Text Message Subject by MohsinMan99
- Guilty Crown 2: Science Class or Survival of the Fittest by KuroNekoXIII
- Sket Dance 29: The Mistaken Angel and Food Fighter by Taka
Team and Friends' Blogs
- You and Me, ep1: Wiki, Screens, and Impressioms by Auron570 (a teammate of mine on the Gosick project)
- What is your favorite anime animal and why? by EganTheVile1 (a transformer and GI Joe Wiki Editor)
- Weekly Beelzebub: Chapter 130 by Arussel (a fan of Beelzebub)
- Should there be romance in Beelzebub by Sreenivas (Team Beelzebub)
- Anime/Manga Spotlight#1 by ReVamp (I put this down because it was about Blue Exorcist, a former project that Anna and I used to do in summer 2011.)
- Wiki Editing 101: Different Forms of Creation by Taka
- Weird or What? Sayonara, Zetsubou Sensei ep. 3 by Superevil225
- How do you Make a Team of Wiki Editors by Taka
A proud member of Team W.I.K.I. Nation