First, a Sket fractured fairy tail pits crab (Himeko) versus devious monkey (Switch), with Bossun thrown in as a piece of crap. Meanwhile, in continuity, when Date becomes an enka singer overnight, can the Sket-dan bring him back to his normal visual-kei self?
1st Story - Combat Dance
The narrator explains the story about a crab and a monkey, and the monkey traded its persimmon seed for the crab's rice ball. The crab grows a lovely persimmon tree. The monkey offers to help the crab, but the monkey throws an unripe fruit at the crab and steals all of the fruit. The crab's children swore vengeance at the monkey. The story begins with Hime finding out she is a crab, and the narrator tells a story about Reiko who is the crab that lost to the monkey, Switch. Hime vows to avenge her mother's honor, and she recruits some allies. She freaks out how bizarre they are After her allies make their introduction, Himeko asks them about their strategies, and Chiaki shares her plan on being a bait to lure the monkey. However, Chiaki will eat all the food before the monkey. Koma volunteers to use her stinger, and in her plan, she throws the monkey in the sky. She explains that if she use her stinger, she would die. Bossun speaks up and shares his plan about waiting in the house where they ambush the monkey with everyone doing a part.
Later, the monkey attacks Moe again at night, and Reiko wishes divine punishment on the monkey on the next day. Buddha from the sky grants her wish by having a mountain fall on top of Switch. Switch remains seal until a monk named Sanzo rescues him, and the two embark on a journey. Meanwhile, Hime's group waits for Switch who never came home.
2nd Story - Visual Yearning
Dante has gone Enka!
Ayumi introduces the Sket Dan to a man who is a friend of Dante, Kuroda (Rodan). Rodan asks the Sket Dan to help Dante who has gone Enka. As Bossun yells out in confusion, Dante starts singing until Hime shakes him violently. Bossun and Hime asks Dante to go back to his visual kei self, and Dante stands on a beer case and sings in Enka that his name is Date Kiyoshi. Rodan begs Sket Dan to turn him back to normal. Later, Bossun has his teammates dress in Visual Kei style, and he asks them to say some words that a Visual Kei would say to bring back Dante. When that does not work, Bossun asks Dante how he got into Enka, Dante starts singing, and Bossun tells his team to listen. Switch notes that Dante is singing one of Kitajimas songs.
Rodan explains that Dante was watching a concert on TV around 1AM to 3AM, and he explains that Dante can stay awake well. Bossun realizes the cause, sleep learning, where Dante slept and got exposed to Enka music after 3AM. Bossun tells them that they must have Dante sleep and listen to some Visual Kei music. Later, Dante returns to his old self. In a sauna, Ayumi talks to the audience a bit, and her towel falls off. Later, Rodan shows up with Dante as a magical girl because one of the CDs had magical girl anime songs.
Points of Interest
- Kuroda (Rodan) makes his debut in the episode.
- Kitajima Haburou's Raging Drums, Fighting Drums, Fiery Drums and The Sky, The Earth, Sake, Women, Horse Races, and Pachinko are songs that Dante sings.
- The song that plays around 20:50 is one of the Sket Dance opening song, Message.
- Switch - Monkey (or Son Goku)
- Reiko - Crab
- Hime - Daughter of Reiko the crab
- Chiaki Takahashi - Chestnut Mont Blanc
- Koma - Bee Honeycomb
- Dante - Mortar
- Bossun - Cow Poop
- Chuma - Buddha
- When Dante mentions his plan, Himeko makes a reference to Dragon Ball Z and Goku's hair pass by.
- Dragon Quest VIII is referenced when Bossun thinks Switch just mumbled some words.
Visual Kei Words
- Himeko - "Courageous Action"
- Switch - "Stars and sky and sea and earth and cursed princess..."
- Bossun - "Pitch-black roses and lacquered petals of the black fruit of the black, dilapidated black princess..."
Manga & Anime Differences
- Moe did not appear in chapter 100.
- The second story, Visual Learning, starts differently. In the manga, Chuma teaches class, and Teppei brings Hosuke after taking care of him. Moe points to Kuroda. Compared to the anime, it is Ayumi who brought Kuroda to the Sket Dan. Chuma, Teppei, and Moe are not present since this takes place in the hallways.
- Also, Ayumi and her sauna scene only appears in the anime.
- Japanese Name: "Tensai unkoman bojō" 天才ウンコマン慕情
- Manga Chapter: 100 and 175
- Opening Theme: "Clear" by The Sketchbook
- Ending Theme: "Sekai wa Okujō de Miwataseta" by Sket+Sketch