Paper model of Yoko's rifle

Topic started by Flyvapnet on March 6, 2009. Last post by Flyvapnet 5 years, 6 months ago.
Post by Flyvapnet (8 posts) See mini bio Level 6

A fellow from the U.K. who posts to Anime Council - Index under the user-name 0235 has designed and built a small paper model of Yoko Ritona's electromagnetic long-range superconducting sniper rifle.  Her "real" rifle fires both plasma bullets and steel arrows, runs on batteries and has a range of ten miles.

Yoko Ritona is the lead female character in Gainax's 27-episode 2007 anime series Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann directed (for the most part) by Hiroyuki Imaishi, in the 2007-2008 manga series Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann illustrated by Kotaro Mori, in Konami's 2007 video games Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Chōzetsu Hakkutsu ONLINE and NDS Tengen Toppa Gurren-Lagann, in the 2008 spin-off manga Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann: Gurren Gakuen-hen illustrated by Kikkawa Kabao and in Hiroyuki Imaishi's 2008 feature film Gekijōban Tengen Toppa Guren Ragan [Guren Hen].

If you, too, would like to make this model of Yoko's rifle click here to download a Portable Document File containing plans and instructions.

Post by Sigue (860 posts) See mini bio Level 8
If I could do papercraft I'd be all over this.
Post by RedRoses (1,437 posts) See mini bio Level 14
I'm not particularly good at making papercrafts and this seems a bit too small and complex for me. Oh well...

... the most I can do is make the companion cube from Portal and Prince from the Katamari series. The models I found for those were  fairly easy to do.
I hear you, Sigue.  I'm not very handy at papercraft myself, but perhaps this will be a "practice makes perfect" opportunity.  The key word there is "perhaps."

Yes, RedRoses, this does seem a fairly complicated little model.  Well, I'll give it a try; and if it turns out satisfactorily I'll post a photograph.
Post by HeeroYuy (1,210 posts) See mini bio Level 12
I think you'll find a model like that is still very doable. It seems pretty nice looking yet simple, and judging by the few I've been able to do, I think you could do it no problem.
Post by lordhaseo (2,509 posts) See mini bio Level 7
im a sniper on all of my FPS games so i can relate to yoko!
ATTENTION!  ATTENTION!  NOW HEAR THIS!

The author of those plans for this paper model of Yoko Ritona's electromagnetic long-rang superconducting sniper rifle has issued updated plans and new instructions!  Please follow these links, below, for the new stuff:

The updated plans

The new instructions

Thank you for your attention to this announcement.  You will now be returned to your regularly-scheduled programming.

=^..^=
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel