Witchbladed

Topic started by Sestren on Dec. 8, 2008. Last post by Lemegeton300 5 years, 7 months ago.
Post by Sestren (4 posts) See mini bio Level 2
I just finished Witchblade tonight. While it was one of the more addictive and interesting anime series I've seen in a long time, I was very dissatisfied with the ending. I prefer closure, but this one was left wide open....well, as long as you keep in mind that just about anything can happen in an anime.
I actually don't have any idea what it was that kept me so into the story from start to finish. I watched the entire series incredibly quickly (for me), and wondered how it was possible that it would all end by episode 24. It seemed like it could go on for 50 episodes, easily.

I usually have a more thoughtful assessment of a piece of art, but the appeal of Witchblade eludes me (it's not the buxom female characters, although those are certainly nice). I highly, highly recommend it. I've never read Witchblade comics or seen the TV show, so I came into it as a total newbie. I absolutely loved it...except for the end.
Post by TheDrifter (663 posts) See mini bio Level 5
Read the comics. They're pretty badass
Post by Lemegeton300 (300 posts) See mini bio Level 10
i didnt know there was a witchblade anime. I remember the live action tv show and movie and never got into them.
must check if the anime was released in europe as it looks like my kind of show
Post by Desisashi (1,801 posts) See mini bio Level 8
there is a witchblade anime i wonder if its different?
Post by Grand_Master_Daizen (452 posts) See mini bio Level 11
Its Awesome I love the anime hope they make another one!!^^
Post by Desisashi (1,801 posts) See mini bio Level 8
Sestren said:
"I just finished Witchblade tonight. While it was one of the more addictive and interesting anime series I've seen in a long time, I was very dissatisfied with the ending. I prefer closure, but this one was left wide open....well, as long as you keep in mind that just about anything can happen in an anime.
I actually don't have any idea what it was that kept me so into the story from start to finish. I watched the entire series incredibly quickly (for me), and wondered how it was possible that it would all end by episode 24. It seemed like it could go on for 50 episodes, easily.

I usually have a more thoughtful assessment of a piece of art, but the appeal of Witchblade eludes me (it's not the buxom female characters, although those are certainly nice). I highly, highly recommend it. I've never read Witchblade comics or seen the TV show, so I came into it as a total newbie. I absolutely loved it...except for the end."
hey how did you see the anime?
Post by Disco (364 posts) See mini bio Level 2
TheDrifter said:
"Read the comics. They're pretty badass"
You read the comics?
Post by Sestren (4 posts) See mini bio Level 2
Desisashi, I borrowed the DVD's from a friend. He had the U.S. DVD's. I typically avoid dubbing, but the voice cast is decent for this one, especially Segawa.
Post by Lemegeton300 (300 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Desisashi said:
"Sestren said:
hey how did you see the anime?"
its on youtube too. i watched the first episode and it looks like im adding this to my post xmas shopping list.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel