Mugi Wig plus Random Thingymabobs

Topic started by RedRoses on July 28, 2009. Last post by HansKisaragi 5 years, 3 months ago.
Post by RedRoses (1,437 posts) See mini bio Level 14
I got my Tsumugi wig in the mail today and it is safe to say that I don't make a good blonde. Oh well, can't back down now seeing as I've already bought a good chunk of materials for the cosplay already. I guess I'll have to figure out how to put makeup to look half decent... The wig itself is nice if I actually put my hair properly inside the wig but I can't for the life of me find my wig cap so I just put the wig on without one. You can see my black hair creep eerily in the back but pretend you don't see that. It's a bit lighter than what I wanted but ahh life goes on.

As for progress, I've found two things for her hair accessories. One was a plastic coconut drink container which I'll use for her hat; it will get covered with fabric but for now it's just painted white. The other thing I made is her green star that adorns her head. And for good measure, I included a reference shot with MS Painted circles.

And on a completely random note, I got two spiffy art books from Kinokuniya recently. Noizi Ito's Haruhi art book and the Kamina and Simon combo one by Atsushi Nishigori (TTGL's character designer). The Haruhi one is stuff I can easily find online but it's a hardcover art book and is pretty to stare at. The Kamina/Simon one has lovely art that is entirely new to the book and it includes mini prints of some pieces you can put wherever.

If you can recall that one news article with Kamina on a segway, I have proof of where it is from. In the Gurren Lagann: The Movie's Official Fanbook, there's a bunch of doujinshi stuff in the back and one of them has Kamina on the segway. Here's pictures:

And on another random note, I redid my closet doors with more Gurren Lagann stuff. I still haven't finished redoing it but here's my wall of stuff for now:

And I think that's all for now. Until next time~
Post by Agent_Lost (1,124 posts) See mini bio Level 10
eh, you look somewhat good as blonde, just don't act like one.
Post by CapeBarnes (508 posts) See mini bio Level 18
Nice posters and wig.
Reminds me to get a wig for my cosplay before Fanime. XD
Post by Lan (621 posts) See mini bio Level 13
Blonde asians...never a good idea. Although, I'll admit when I was little I used to dream of having long, dark gold, curling locks. I became less enamored of this idea as I got older...well maybe not the long, curling locks part. *sigh* My hair will always be stick straight, unless I go through a ton of work and use a millions pounds of styling product. So you're going with the music video outfit I see. I need to get a work on my Mio hat. I have my wig in too. Hooray for wigs and cute hats!
Post by Kelleth (7,798 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Nice wig looks good on you and i have that that bottom Yoko poster too :)
@Lan said:
" Blonde asians...never a good idea."
Awww you just made a certain south eastern Mongolian girl very sad.
Post by RedRoses (1,437 posts) See mini bio Level 14
  Thanks all. :]

@CapeBarnes: I recommend Cosworx because the shipping is fairly fast (at least compared to other places like Amphigory). :] DON'T GET A PARTY WIG FROM THOSE PARTY STORES! Those suck ass. D: Trust me.

@Lan: oooo snaps! If you go to Michaels (or whatever local craft store you have in your area), you can find top hats for dolls/plushes that actually look like mini top hats for us humans. I've contemplated making one just for fun but I have no reason too hehe.
Post by Lan (621 posts) See mini bio Level 13
@Kelleth: LOL. In most cases, blonde asians don't look good, particularly when the hair is dyed. 

@RedRoses: Thanks, I'll look into that. Great idea using the coconut cup.
Post by HansKisaragi (7 posts) See mini bio Level 6
Ooo.. Gief that art\fan book of Gurren Lagann!
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel