I miss Toonami.

Topic started by Kou_Leifoh on April 28, 2009. Last post by RavenT2 3 years, 7 months ago.
Post by Kou_Leifoh (613 posts) See mini bio Level 10

I remember those days like if was yesterday, the glory days of Cartoon Network's Toonami.It began back in the summer of 2000,I was about twelve-years-old and the Dreamcast was at its prime; and I was enjoying the system & its software. But then I discovered a action block on Cartoon Network known as "Toonami". The first show that I got into that Toonami aired was Dragon Ball Z but it didn't stop there, they were other great anime shows that Toonami aired such as Outlaw Star,Gundam Wing,all three of the Tenchi Muyo series,Dragon Ball,etc.And after that, I became interested in anime.But it wasn't just the great anime shows that Toonami aired, Toonami also had a great presentation.

The presentation of Toonami & its host was somehting special.All of the promos that Toonami aired for all of their shows and the block its self were well done; all of the editing of the footages for the promos were very well constructed, but my favorite promo has to be is "Broken Promises [Dreams]". The music for the promos were also great as well, Joe Boyd Vigil did an great job as music composer for Toonami. Tom 2.0 was an awsome host, cool personality & cool design; he gave off a good vibe.Judging by Toonami's presentation I knew the people behind Toonami were also fans of all the shows they've aired.

Stay Gold.
Stay Gold.
But after the glory days have ended, things were starting go down-hill for Toonami.All of the anime shows that Toonami aired were no longer around and the focus for Toonami was shifting from anime to American shows but Dragon Ball GT finally made its debut, but turn out to be disappointing.And then things got worse for Toonami, Cartoon Network annouced that Toonami was going to aired on Saturdays because the shows that Toonami was airing was too "volient" for prime time. I didn't think the shows or the shows that Toonami aired in the past was too volient;or even Trigun; an show that was suppose to air on Toonami but aired on Adult Swim because of heavy gun use [Does Cartoon Network even remember Outlaw  Star?]. But finally, Toonami came to a close; on September 20, 2008, Toonami aired its final broadcast.Cartoon Network obviously wanted to put more focus on Adult Swim.

Fuck Tim & Eric.
Fuck Tim & Eric.
I will admit, the first couple of years of Adult Swim was okay;Adult Swim had aired some great anime shows but the people behind Adult Swim wanted to put more focus on their dumbass originals and don't really want nothing to do with anime anymore; by now only airing the anime shows on Saturdays now. Hell Adult Swim barely even promotes their anime shows but they have no problems promoting their crappy originals--like Tim & Eric--so what the fuck?

Possible revival of the original?
Cartoon Network has this other channel known as Boomarang.Its a show that airs most of the shows that Cartoon Network aired like some of the Batman series, Powerpuff Girls, and many others. Then it got me thinking, could Cartoon Network air the original Toonami on Boomarang? Some of those shows that Boomarang is airing are licenses; so Boomarang could bring back Dragon Ball Z and some other anime shows that Cartoon Network maybe still have the rights to.So could the classic Toonami return?
Here's my favorite DBZ promo.

Post by Sonata (35,342 posts) See mini bio Level 20
That takes me back!XD
Post by Catastro (60 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Man, Toonami started my enjoyment of watching anime. I hope Boomerang ends up bringing those shows back.
Post by Sleuth (28 posts) See mini bio Level 1
Toonami was epic!!!
Post by Killer7 (119 posts) See mini bio Level 2
I miss Toonami too T_T
Post by N15PCA (611 posts) See mini bio Level 13
I really miss the midnight runs from Toonami.  I really like all those videos they made. 

Post by clovy (16 posts) See mini bio Level 2
I like your idea about bringing back old Toonami on Boomerang seeing how most of the anime they air are from the 80's-90's
Post by Deacon_Sephiroth (950 posts) See mini bio Level 2
I DON'T miss them butchering the blood out of all my favorite animes.
Post by rocketbomber (226 posts) See mini bio Level 9
shed a tear, raise a glass

and pour some for my homie Tom:

I don't know what was the worst injustice:  cancelling him, or taking away his visored helmet.
@Deacon_Sephiroth said:
" I DON'T miss them butchering the blood out of all my favorite animes. "
If blood and nudity is all you care about  in a anime, then you're not much of a fan of anime.
Post by Deacon_Sephiroth (950 posts) See mini bio Level 2

maybe not, but I AM a fan of blood and nudity...

Post by RavenT2 (3 posts) See mini bio Level 7
Is there a petition on-line somewhere to bring back Toonami?
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel