Richie Branson Raps! -- VICE PIT: UNDERCOVER

Topic started by samweller999 on March 19, 2013. Last post by Frieza 1 year, 5 months ago.
Post by samweller999 (69 posts) See mini bio Level 9
Staff

Listen to our epic, half-hour discussion above or RIGHT HERE, and subscribe to our feed HERE

Hear @richiebranson chat in depth with @tompinchuk and @cravesam about his start in the industry, his growth as a rapper, what shows he’s currently watching and what happens when the world of rap and hip hop collide! EXTRA BONUS: listen as Sam tries to to lay down some raps before Richie!

This is a must listen episode about following your passion, and it's a new way to enter the Vice Pit! We'll be enhancing this new format as we go along, but Tom and Sam are happy to start giving you the podcast-style content you've been demanding. Let us know what you want to hear in the future below!

Be sure to listen to Richie's CHRONO TRIGGER rap above, then go on and check out his site.

Recent Vice Pit sessions on...

• DARKSTALKERS RESURRECTION: What the Gaming World Needs!
  • Secrets of Anime Voice Acting!
  • What's It Like to be an Anime Voice Actor?
  • Best Anime Movies Coming in 2013!
  • Top 3 Under-Appreciated Fighting Games
  • Recent sessions in Vice Pit: Undercover...

Classic Vice Pit sessions on...

• Hentai Confessions!
  • Serious Anime Life Advice!
  • Interrogating an Anime Noob!
  • Top 3 Scariest Anime Monsters Ever!
  • ONE PIECE vs. DRAGON BALL Z!
  • We are the Ambassadors of Anime!
  • What Makes A Good Anime Club?
  • Worst Anime Ever...!
  • The Top 3 Greatest Anime Theme Songs of All Time!
  • When You're Embarrassed to Like Anime?
  • You can check out every episode of the Vice Pit here.

Be sure to submit questions and topics for a future Vice Pit session here. We will answer them!

Tom Pinchuk’s a and personality with a large number of comics, videos and features like this to his . Visit his website - - tompinchuk.com - - and follow his Twitter: @tompinchuk

Sam Weller is a and actor who's scribed for shows like FIRST EDITION, GEEK THERAPY, and most recentlyBATGIRL: SPOILED. He also really likes anime. To know what is going to happen next, follow@cravesam

Post by FoxxFireArt (2,643 posts) See mini bio Level 25
    Online Now
    That was a nice interview session. Though Richie sounds as if he needs to get some rest and orange juice. Hope he's feeling better now.
    Post by Kino88 (213 posts) See mini bio Level 6

that song..... Chrono....... (sheds tears)

Post by sickVisionz (4,294 posts) See mini bio Level 24

Cool show. I've always wanted an anime podcast to add to my listens but most of the ones I've heard always drive home the point of be careful what you wish for. This one was fun. I like how Sam kept throwing in punchlines every now and then.

Richie seems interesting. I totally agree with him about working on flow. Rap is different than singing but the one direct parallel is flow and delivery. To make an analogy to singing, a lot of nerdcore rappers (I'd extend it out to too many underground rappers as well) write these clever lyrics, get these nice instrumentals, but then are belting them out like one of the joke auditions on American Idol. The first time I heard one of his songs, I was impressed by the beat but more impressed that he'd actually taken some care into having good delivery.

Cool show. One tip though would be to close it out better. It kinda just stopped abruptly.

Post by takashichea (12,657 posts) See mini bio Level 25

Richie, you my man! I haven't play Chrono Trigger, but I want to now!

Nice advice on the rap. I always thought it was about the power of the words and making them cohesive with the beat. I'm not music guy, but your talk about the "flow" sounds so awesome. You're like the Buddha of rap!

Post by Frieza (240 posts) See mini bio Level 9

Cashamill Anime Boy and Richie Branson need to make a song together!

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel