ATTACK ON TITAN Season One -- Was It Good? -- THE VICE PIT

Topic started by No_name_here on Sept. 30, 2013. Last post by 5th 1 year, 2 months ago.
Post by No_name_here (856 posts) See mini bio Level 11
Staff

Recent Vice Pit sessions on...

Recent sessions in Vice Pit: Undercover...

You can check out every episode of the Vice Pit here.

Be sure to submit questions and topics for a future Vice Pit session here. We will answer them!

Post by Kino88 (235 posts) See mini bio Level 6

it was a master piece, I would put this story right up there with Death note and the Akira manga, yeah..... I said it.

Post by zeemod155 (17 posts) See mini bio Level 8

The way the story unravels is one of my favorite developments in an anime in a long time. And it is one the strongest examples of fictional mythos inside and outside of anime in general. I concede that some episodes had some shoddy pacing but it wasn't enough drag down the show.

Post by Whats_out_the_bag (1,858 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Online Now

If someone thinks this anime is a master piece then you've probably haven't seen many anime. It was an ok series, as the beginning was good middle was bad and ending was pretty nice. I'll give it an ok since the middle took up most of the anime.

Post by Marshal Victory (2,664 posts) See mini bio Level 14

Short answer ..Yes it was good.

Longer answer id put it up there with Psycho-Pass ,Black Lagoon an Lupin III: The Woman Called Fujiko Mine.In style an scope .As well as being in the top of new anime series.It took itself serious enuff to elivate it above the b movie horror it could have been.

A good show can be picked apart sure.The whole talking while on the gear an swinging around wasnt a problem for me at all.Years of reading comic books i supose or when i used to ride 10 speed ( decades an decades ago) an had no problem talking with friends while riding.Useing their gear would be the same as riding a bicycle to them.

The only problem i had with the show some of the open run the forest parts seems a bit streched for time .Threw the plot pace off a bit but that may have been a good thing.Making the ramp up to the ending seem even more desperate.

Post by metalsnakezero (680 posts) See mini bio Level 16

I'm a big fan of Attack On Titan but the show is a bit uneven in place. Overall it was really good and can't wait for a season 2. Also the part in the manga right now is crazy!

Post by Dream (8,310 posts) See mini bio Level 21

Think it was decent, until the second half which slowed things to a halt with pacing and left many things dangling for plot and characters. Would have been better if the show at least had much of its manga source material complete so there was more the anime could have explored instead of dragging itself out just to fill 25 episodes.

Post by FoxxFireArt (2,649 posts) See mini bio Level 25
I actually haven't even started watching this series. I was waiting for the season to end to start up. I'm also not a person who gets too hung up about spoilers. This felt like a series to marathon. I also don't watch NARUTO SHIPPUDEN weekly, but that's to try filtering through filler.

I was rather surprised to see the comic book creator Joe MAD is frequently singing the praises of ATTACK ON TITAN on social media.

A good rule of thumb for understanding the difference between shonen and seinen. Think of it like the movie rating system. Shonen = PG-13 Sienen = R There are some blurred lines, but it's sort of similar.
Post by sickVisionz (4,311 posts) See mini bio Level 24
Loved it. Some didn't like the pacing but I was never bored watching it
Post by takashichea (14,451 posts) See mini bio Level 25

I should have marathon Attack on Titan. Though, my wiki habits won't let me. The pacing was an issue due to the monthly manga. I wasn't too bothered by the pacing. Some paddings were good while some just dragged on like Eren's indecision to trust Levi's team or go all out against the Female Titan. This show had generated so many memes. The things I will take from this show is the first theme song and the awesome Titan vs human fights.

Attack on Titan was great but overrated.

Post by Supreme Marvel (5,235 posts) See mini bio Level 12

I agree with SickVisionz. I was never bored of it neither. I get bored easy.

This has been a great adventure. Exploring the world and some of its characters. I love the animation. The camera angles they use sometimes are beautiful especially when using their 3D gear. For example, when Mikasa uses it on the Female Titan in the last (or second to last) episode.

Best scene is Levi vs the Female Titan.

@takashichea said:

Attack on Titan was great but overrated.

We are no longer friends!

Post by Reincrystal (42 posts) See mini bio Level 7

@FoxxFireArt: The season ended a few weeks ago actually, so feel free to pick it up. I wouldn't recommend marathoning it, because you lose some of the suspense but it's up to you.

I would say it's pretty good, it's not a masterpiece, but i would say it's pretty good ( on par with a series like madoka.)

Post by 5th (1,409 posts) See mini bio Level 10
It was overall a great series that I hope to continue watching once season 2 is released.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel