There Is Something Horribly Wrong Here

Topic started by gia on Jan. 30, 2009. Last post by gia 5 years, 7 months ago.
Post by gia (3,032 posts) See mini bio Level 13

Y'all know I completely adore Haruhi. And I like a lot of the figures from the franchise, too. And wallets, posters, cosplay items, and pretty much any sort of merch you can think of.

And of course I'm very familiar with figures, and their occasionally odd proportions, especially for jointed posable types. But this...this is just ridiculous. Seriously, look at the blue circle in the image. I know Haruhi's supposed to have a hot bod, but that level of sudden skinniness is just worrisome. Haruhi, eat a damn sandwich. It's a shame, because otherwise the figure looks pretty fun. The interchangeable faces are really cute.

What do you think? Does our Haruhi need to stop starving herself, or is she still as pretty as ever?

Post by Void_Wizard (735 posts) See mini bio Level 9
Haruhi should eat a few donuts every once in awhile.
Post by pathogen (16 posts) See mini bio Level 2
Is somebody having a fat day?
Post by OkazukiIchigo (350 posts) See mini bio Level 11
Meh, I have seen worse
Post by Zeouterlimits (516 posts) See mini bio Level 7
Haruhi never really struck me as super thin in the series either...

OkazukiIchigo: That can be applied to everything.
Post by Black_Rose (1,204 posts) See mini bio Level 11
I still want it >_>
Post by Devilly (5,329 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Scary lol
Post by MissPanda (28 posts) See mini bio Level 1
I see what you mean, it looks kinnda stupid >_> It's cool and all, but...skinny>_<
Post by Lunarmoth (193 posts) See mini bio Level 5
Can we just blame the master modelers for getting portions wrong, and the camera guy to taking a cruddy angle.
Post by gia (3,032 posts) See mini bio Level 13
Lunarmoth, it probably has more to do with the process being used to mass-produce the figure...but seriously, I can't think of a time I've seen the real-life version of the figure this different from the one in the promo pics.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel