Haruhi Has 8,500 Hardcore Fans in Japan

Topic started by gia on Jan. 28, 2009. Last post by CalAggie 5 years, 6 months ago.
Post by gia (3,032 posts) See mini bio Level 13
Suzumiya Haruhi no Gekidou
Suzumiya Haruhi no Gekidou
Wanna know how I know how many Haruhi fans there are? Because that's the reported number of sales of Suzumiya Haruhi no Gekidou, aka That Haruhi Wii Dancing Game. That's only a tenth of the sales the PSP game Suzumiya Haruhi no Yakusoku, and only 6% of the number of copies of the PS2 game Suzumiya Haruhi no Tomadoi.

Of course, it's worth noting that both of those games-- like the popular Suzumiya Haruhi-chan no Yuuutsu –actually offers new and different content from what's seen before, compared to the considerably lesser-selling Gekidou and the Suzumiya Haruhi manga, which offer more of the same stuff we've already been seeing.

Haruhi was so big that it's hard to fathom that the franchise might be dying in Japan, especially considering that the novels are just starting to come out (first volume in April). I'm hoping that the news we'll see in February regarding season 2 is really, really awesome...

Post by ComradeCrash (152 posts) See mini bio Level 7
I guess that they just didn't support the fans with something good and worthwhile...I just want the second season of the anime! I am a fan of that!
Post by Devilly (5,329 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Amen CC hope those positive ratings make them think a second season is a good idea
Post by Black_Rose (1,204 posts) See mini bio Level 11
I wasnt that game now >_>
Post by Cima (1 posts) See mini bio Level 1
The 8500 are only from the first day, the other numbers are lifetime sales.
Post by gia (3,032 posts) See mini bio Level 13
Cima, given the poor reviews and ridiculing of the game, I'd be surprised if the lifetime sales are even double the first day sales.
Post by CalAggie (63 posts) See mini bio Level 15
An adventure game/visual novel like Tomadoi or Yakusoku is more likely to attract greater sales than a motion dancing game like Gekidou, esp. from a "hardcore" audience, though the quality of the title counts as well. The Haruhi brand is certainly declining in power in Japan after failures to deliver on production promises - the net shorts may improve that slightly but not as drastically as a second season would.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel