First edition of the M-cast

Topic started by Elfenlied1012 on July 10, 2012. Last post by Elfenlied1012 2 years ago.
Post by Elfenlied1012 (557 posts) See mini bio Level 15

Well hello Anime vice friends. It is I M, reviewer and fellow user of the site. Me and a couple of my friends wanted to have some fun and do something a little special for you guys, and so birthed the first ever M-cast a discussion a lot about anime, a little about Video Games, and mostly about non-sense. I along with Anime vice users PyroBlue, and Homer Slobotnick with a little help from non-user Patrick "Patches the Clown" discuss a myriad of topics and eventually touch down on our mostly serious discussion of Avatar the Legend of Korra. Although rank amateurs at our best I hope you listen and enjoy and if you feel up to it send me some more ideas if you like it, all and all I had a great time making this and hope to give something back to whiskey media as a whole, so without further interruptions I give you,

M-Cast Episode 1: Card Games, Avatars, and Nameslips

P.S.

I apologize in advance for the cursing and novice behavior and while we intended too censor it lovely Patches left me to it, While I dont have the bandwidth to host a podcast but your welcome to turn this video into an mp3 on http://www.youtube-mp3.org/, also this is a avatar spoiler cast so know that going in. On my last note bonus points to anyone who can listen to the name slips and guess all our names

Post by Homer_Slobotnick (11 posts) See mini bio Level 8

It was really fun doing this, remember, believe in the heart of the cards

Post by cynically_happy (115 posts) See mini bio Level 12

Woo! It's always good to see more podcasts on the site, more community content the better.

Also, this was pretty fucking funny too, so that's a plus.

Post by takashichea (10,846 posts) See mini bio Level 25
Online Now

I'll get a chance to listen to this Podcast on Friday, ElfenLied1012. Sorry about that.

@cynically_happy: Thanks man I just wanted to give it a shot had a blast doing it and its great to hear you enjoyed it, hopefully, were thinking of doing another one sometime.

@takashichea: That would be awesome man thank you.

Post by PyroBlue (9 posts) See mini bio Level 6

Definitely more to come guys. This was so much fun and we really hope you enjoy it.

Post by PatchesClown (5 posts) See mini bio Level 5

I bet I can guess all of our names, especially mine.

@PatchesClown: shut your mouth patches.

Online Now

Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? is a good anime, and its sequel is less better because the plot didn't cover much. It just sets up for the major battle. I liked the first series best because it had suspense and story when Ayumu tries to find his killer. After the two antagonists are gone, the plot just went to pieces and fan service just became more frequent.

(I'm wiki editing and listening to the podcast. I'll re edit this post )

I haven't tried Squid Girl.

I'm a fan of Danny Phantom. I watch the series and the movie with brothers and sister.

Nice, Korra reference with Deadman Wonderland! I love how you guys call their Branch of Sin, Super Bloodbending.

Edit 1:

I used to like Yugioh, and my little brother is crazy about the show and loves playing the game. For some odd reason, I watch the abridged series with him and my sister.

I need to check Bandit Keith's bandana again to see the British flag. I thought he had the American flag.

@takashichea: hope your liking it.

Online Now

@Elfenlied1012:

It's a great podcast, and I enjoyed listening to it. Right now, I'm listening to your Korra discussions and forming a comment.

Online Now

Korra Response (Major Spoilers!)

My comment would be messy

• I felt the first series did better than the it predecessor in ending seasons with good cliffhangers. Korra did not leave much to cover at the end of the season. I hope Amon is still alive because I enjoyed his character. He's more a 3D character and better villain than Fire Lord Ozai.
  • Korra failed in the love department. The love triangle is pitiful, and the romance is superficial and rushed. I feel bad about Asami. In Avatar, the romance is developed slowly and the love triangles are great. Sokka had more love interests than Katara.
  • Avatar had more room for parodies on various things such as the massive shipping relationships with Sokka. Please check this video below.
  • Korra did better with its actions and battles. Since it's story was faster, I believed it got more people reeled such as new fans who have not tried Avatar the Last Airbender like FoxxFireArt and my cousins.
  • My brother loved Milo, but I hated the little kid like you guys did. I loved Tenzin's little girls especially the one who teased Korra about Mako. I think it was Jinora.
  • The enemies in Korra were more threatening, and I felt the good guys in Avatar were better fights than their Korra counterparts. The styles of their bending and creativity is higher in Avatar the Last Airbender.

Questions and Scenes I felt that needed more attention:

• Tenzin's love life with Beifong and Pema. What has happened?
  • What happened in Zuko's life? (They haven't release Promise Part 3 comic. I have read parts 1 and 2)
  • Who did Toph Beifong married?
  • Some flashbacks of Hiroshi's life with his wife would be nice. Hiroshi is another guy I felt needed some origin story since his fight with Asami is emotional.

I'll add more if I can think of something.

Thanks guys for the awesome podcast. Right now, I'm in 1 hour and 23 minutes. I'm comment again and finish the podcast some other time. I'm slow at my wiki work.

@takashichea: Thanks man for the support hopefully the podcast will get a bit of traction at least.

As for bandit Keith his bandana is an american flag but in duelist of the roses they switch it to Union jack a flag that would not be invented for many many years instead of the British flag of the time or the white rose of York.

Apparently someone from the UK watched this podcast..that pleases me.

Post by Homer_Slobotnick (11 posts) See mini bio Level 8

@Elfenlied1012: Wonder how he feels about Bandit Keith.

@Homer_Slobotnick: hhopefully nothing because he didn't play that god awful game

Oh more news for everyone A. its official were going to do another one, hopeful a little more then half as long so not as bad to sit through. and B Canada has also enjoyed our podcast

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel