New Manga: Tegami Bachi

Topic started by gia on Aug. 25, 2009. Last post by MoonStorm 5 years, 1 month ago.
Post by gia (3,032 posts) See mini bio Level 13

Tegami Bachi is a title that I've never read, but I remember seeing the covers in my local Kinokuniya. The art, suffice it to say, is beautiful, so I cheered when VIZ announced that they'd be releasing it in English, not to mention an anime is in the works. The release date-- September 1st --is very nearly upon us now, so I thought I'd give you guys a heads-up so you can decide if it's something you want to pick up.

• Title: Tegami Bachi
  • Translated Title: Letter Bee
  • Creator: Hiroyuki Asada
  • Publisher: Shueisha
  • Anthology: Jump Square (shounen)
  • Licensor: VIZ Media
  • Genre: Fantasy

Story:

AmberGround is a fantasy world set in endless night. Lag is a young delivery boy, or "letter bee," delivering packages around AmberGround along with his trusty gun, his partner Niche, and her pet Steak. Lag is on two separate journeys: one to find his kidnapped mother, and one to become a great Letter Bee like his idole Gauche Suede. Gauche "delivered" Lag when he was little and inspired the boy to become a Letter Bee.

The series is clearly heavy on visual style-- not unlike Death Note --so let's take a look-see. A couple of these shots are from the TV anime or OVA episode that came out a while back.
I think it looks beautiful and I'm looking forward to picking up my copy. How about you?
Post by AgentJ (1,545 posts) See mini bio Level 13
I'll have to read some before I know whether i'm interested or not. Most likely scenario: I read some of it and like it, but since it's running in American Shonen Jump it won't be released in a timely order, so i'll simply wait for a few years then pick up a bunch of the manga at once. That's what I did for Shaman King.
Post by MoonStorm (360 posts) See mini bio Level 9
looks good and I am interested in it. so if I see it at my local book store I will give it a read and if I like it I will buy it.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel