Power Rangers Beyond RPM?

Topic started by Niko on March 27, 2009. Last post by Niko 5 years, 3 months ago.
Post by Niko (865 posts) See mini bio Level 8

Good news everyone. Power Rangers will continue to air as usual, so it seems.

How is this actually news? I’ve been meaning to type up a post about the “supposed” end of Power Rangers, brought on by this New Zealand article about PR’s last season to shoot at its home since 2003 when Power Rangers Ninja Storm began filming in NZ instead of US.

Now, it seems I’ve lucked out. According to a Bandai press release Henshin Justice picked up a week ago, PR still lives on!!!

Given, this is a Bandai press release, and I often suspect some amount of communication discrepancy between Bandai and PR parent company Disney, as shown in Bandai of America’s Power Rangers TCG having names not matching the series. Still, I believe this is close as we’ll get, as Disney has been pretty tight lipped about the recent season.

Either way though, Power Rangers RPM has been doing pretty decent, quality wise. The opening episodes really suprised me with how good they actually were, a far cry from the mind-liquifying stupidity of Operation Overdrive just two seasons prior.

Now, how will Disney actually adapt Shinkenger?

Post by Devilly (5,329 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Good although my recent comments haven't been very positive about the series i still think they can turn around especially after seeing R.P.M i hope they will continue at this level and not go back to the Operation Oversuck style i hated that series (especially when they tried to broadcast dutch dubbed episodes on Dutch television EPIC FAIL)

2009: i think they will try to make another Ninja Storm only in this series the Red Ranger will be the oldest student and the other ones are just noobs who recently entered the Dojo kinda like how it is now but without o my lord thing. ^^
I`m rather curious how fans will respond to the mecha of the sixth Golden Ranger who turns out to be a rather huge squid. lol
Devilly said:
"I`m rather curious how fans will respond to the mecha of the sixth Golden Ranger who turns out to be a rather huge squid. lol
"
It'll be squid-gate all over again.
Post by Void_Wizard (735 posts) See mini bio Level 9
Original PR ftw.
While that is true, I've been quite impressed with RPM. I've actually enjoyed these latest episodes, something I probably haven't done since the "Fighting Spirit" episode of Dino Thunder.
Post by DocHaus (925 posts) See mini bio Level 18
Didn't they already have one with superfast cars? The one where the Blue Ranger was a 10 year old kid and then the Red Ranger became a black guy?

Man, I haven't seen Power Rangers in lord-knows-how-long.
Post by Devilly (5,329 posts) See mini bio Level 10
DocHaus said:
"Didn't they already have one with superfast cars? The one where the Blue Ranger was a 10 year old kid and then the Red Ranger became a black guy?

Man, I haven't seen Power Rangers in lord-knows-how-long.
"
That`s Power Rangers Turbo and yes this is the second time for the Power Rangers might seem weird going into repeating just after 17 series but if you look from Super Sentai it aint that weird because after 33 series everything was already done well except Samurai`s but they are on it now XD
anyways its like this:
Kousoku Sentai Turboranger (thank god no Power Rangers stay away from this please)
Gekisou Sentai Carranger (Power Rangers Turbo)
Engine Sentai Go-onger (Power Ranger RPM)
And yes i should change the pic on Go-onger and i will sooner or later xP
I think the Power Ranger franchise is pretty safe from Turboranger. They don't seem to want to go backwards.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel