Ghibli to Follow Up Ponyo in a Year

Topic started by gia on July 15, 2009. Last post by Sigue 5 years, 4 months ago.
Post by gia (3,032 posts) See mini bio Level 13

Sure, a lot of us are excited about the upcoming US release of Ponyo (August 14th!), but some of us are saddened, too-- after all, who knows how long we'll have to wait for the next Ghibli film?

Good news-- not very long at all! Studio Ghibli's next film will be released in 2010, according to Nausicaa.net (translating the Studio Ghibli blog). Of course, we have no idea what that movie is, and of course it might not be Hayao Miyazaki's next film (though it could be attached to another big name, like Isao Takahata).

In fact, Wikipedia specifically cites a summer 2010 release for an Isao Takahata film called Kerou's Rebellion-- they cite Nausicaa.net for the information, but it no longer seems to be on the site, and everywhere else I look just links back to the same Wikipedia article. So I'm going to just call that one a “maybe.”

What kind of movie do you want it to be?
Post by Kuro (559 posts) See mini bio Level 5
QUEENS BLADE THE MOVIE
Post by ethan (887 posts) See mini bio Level 15
Staff
From what movie was the above picture taken?
Post by Sigue (860 posts) See mini bio Level 8
I'd like for Ghibli to explore some other kinds of stories and characters. There's a lot of talent there, but it almost feels wasted doing endless repetitions of the same themes using variations of the same characters.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel