Video Review: Spice & Wolf Season Two

Topic started by PerryVandell on Sept. 2, 2011. Last post by tacosRcool 2 years, 9 months ago.
Post by PerryVandell (1 posts) See mini bio Level 9
Staff
Post by Superevil225 (6,742 posts) See mini bio Level 17
Interesting review. I found that Spice and Wolf was boring from the start. I think I watched the first few episodes, and really didn't like it. I was also iffy on the whole furry stuff.
Post by Gerhabio (38 posts) See mini bio Level 7

Sounds awful but very funny review.

Post by Kyreo (52 posts) See mini bio Level 11

I will admit that Spice and Wolf can be a bit of a cock tease, but I love the show regardless of that. The banter is good and one of these days, they'll bang. Just you wait.

Post by Cloudenvy (9 posts) See mini bio Level 6
Too bad you didn't enjoy it, I loved the atmosphere, the economy stuff, Holo, Holo, Holo and Holo!
Post by Kyreo (52 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@Cloudenvy: Lawrence is pretty cool too.

Post by metalsnakezero (665 posts) See mini bio Level 16
Well that kinda sucks that you didn't like it. I really did like the relationship between the two characters and the old school economy.
Post by Dunchad (72 posts) See mini bio Level 7

I never watched this beyond the first few episodes, either. I just didn't find the premise interesting and the wolf-lady was just annoying. I even thought about giving it another go recently, since it has received a pretty positive response all around - but there just isn't enough there to keep my interest.

Thanks for the review Tom, was rather amusing!

Post by Doctorchimp (14 posts) See mini bio Level 9
Just another anime soap opera with nothing really to say except to take up your time?

Great stuff.

Man Tom I really don't envy your position, you sound like you were just gritting your teeth and cringing the whole time through this thing.
Post by thekokapelli (98 posts) See mini bio Level 9

Considering its snoozer premise, you'd be surprised at how popular this thing is. 
Post by crusader8463 (739 posts) See mini bio Level 9
I watched it for about 3-4 episodes and just couldn't do it. I was bored to tears the entire show. For once I agree with Tom.
Post by Michaelblack18 (11 posts) See mini bio Level 6
have watched oh i say half of the first season so far and really need to come back to it sometime
Post by sotyfan16 (1,340 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Season 1 is the same thing as season 2. So if you didn't like season 2 then you won't like season 1. That's too bad Tom as I thought you might enjoy this series.

I never felt like this was a furry thing. More along the line of just sticking to a human companioning with a deity. Thanks for answering my question, by the way. I felt a bit bored from time to time watching the show since everything progressed slowly but I enjoyed the simplicity of it all. I need to get around to purchasing this series.
Post by Count_Zero (344 posts) See mini bio Level 20

In that case, Tom, you'll probably want to avoid Ah! My Goddess for the same reasons that you didn't like Spice & Wolf.

Post by sora_thekey (1,097 posts) See mini bio Level 16

Third wheel?... Don't admit it they like each other?... rolling eyes? Nope, never happened! -__-

Post by Novis (1 posts) See mini bio Level 6

While I don't agree with this review, I must say you have a way with words. Kinda helped put this show in a new light for me. Thanks!

Post by tacosRcool (19 posts) See mini bio Level 7

I found Spice and Wolf to be a very interesting and witty anime. I like it very much and to me it is better than many of the anime out there. Tell you something, I didn't like your review.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel