Photoshop Fun: Alternative Spice & Wolf Covers

Topic started by gia on Oct. 5, 2009. Last post by Void_Wizard 5 years, 2 months ago.
Post by gia (3,032 posts) See mini bio Level 13
 Blank!
 Blank!
Sometimes I just like a challenge, so I thought I'd make some of my own Spice & Wolf covers after all the hubbub yesterday. Unfortunately the hardest part was cropping out the title from Yen Press' covers, so they don't look quite as nice. And I'm not totally pleased with the middle one, but I thought since they were trying for photo-ish looks, so would I.

But I had some fun. All of the images used here (except the logo) are public-domain or available for NON-commercial use as per Stock.Xchng, for the record. I'm attaching a thumbnail here with the logo (which looks even worse without all the nice black outer glow) and the proper size, in case anyone else wants to play-- the green background should be easy enough to fuss with (couldn't get transparency to work for some reason). If you can clean the logo up that'd be sweet! I just can't take more time than I already have ^^;

No photos, just a wolf and a scale. I also really like a nice, deep red-- fall colors are definitely a msut for S&W!
 No photos, just a wolf and a scale. I also really like a nice, deep red-- fall colors are definitely a msut for S&W!

I wish I could have squeezed in the silhouette more so you could see it was female, but then you couldn't see the tail.
 I wish I could have squeezed in the silhouette more so you could see it was female, but then you couldn't see the tail.

Probably my favorite. Apples for Holo, money for Lawrence-- everyone's happy! (?)
 Probably my favorite. Apples for Holo, money for Lawrence-- everyone's happy! (?)

Okay, back to work!
Post by Niko (865 posts) See mini bio Level 8
I actually really like the last cover too. Also doesn't focus on the whole hot wolf girl aspect that most advertising for the series likes to do.
Post by Void_Wizard (735 posts) See mini bio Level 9
The last cover would be awesome for it! :D
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel