Watch & Learn: SOUL EATER #3

Topic started by No_name_here on June 2, 2011. Last post by ComicMan24 3 years, 6 months ago.
Post by No_name_here (856 posts) See mini bio Level 11
Staff
Death the Kid? Just like Vash the Stampede, right?
Death the Kid? Just like Vash the Stampede, right?

Shooting your pistols upside-down and pulling the triggers with your pinkies is novel, sure, but far from practical. Definitional flash over form, I’d say. I’d imagine your accuracy would go down significantly if you weren’t actually using the sites anymore and the recoil would likely make the guns drop right out of your hands. But hey, it looks cool, right? I’ll go with the implication that Death the Kid is actually unqualified for this reaper gig and he only got the job because his Dad’s the boss.

I’ve got a hunch that Bones or whoever designed the manga must’ve loved DARKSTALKERS back in the cat. We’ve already had a werecat (like Felicia) who spends a lot time looking like a sexy witch (like Morrigan) and now we’ve got a mummy with a tendency to stretch his bandages limbs to absurd lengths (Anakaris.) Come to think of it, the reapers’ scythes are as stylized and impractical as Jedah’s, so maybe I’m not too far off here. Somebody’s got to be a fighting game nut in this production if they already ganked Shang Tsung’s “Your soul is mine!” catch prhase. Or maybe I’ve just got fighters on my brain (and, well, you knew that already.)

It’s kind of funny how lil’ Death frets so much about symmetry. I does bug me a lot of times - - especially in a show like this - - when it seems like somebody’s going to mirror something else, and then they just carelessly break that up. I can’t say that thought's ever pertained to boob size, but mammary jokes are a lot more common in these shows, aren’t they? Well, at least Death got properly slapped and at least he didn’t start quoting Blake’s “The Tyger.” Allusions to that poem have officially been maxed out.

Watch this episode "The Perfect Boy – Death the Kid's Magnificent Mission?" below, decide for yourself and then read my comments on the previous episode here.

Tom Pinchuk’s the writer of HYBRID BASTARDS! & UNIMAGINABLE. Order them on Amazon here & here. Follow him on Twitter: @tompinchuk

Post by Lurkero (418 posts) See mini bio Level 7
Death the Kid got really annoying to me as the series continued
Post by FoxxFireArt (2,649 posts) See mini bio Level 25
This series was a manga and then an anime produced by Bones. The original creator is Atsushi Ohkubo. The series began as a three-part one shot that was picked up as a regular series. That's why the first three episodes of this series are the prologue.

This was a good episode. I love how strong the personalities are in this series. Pretty much no one in the main cast is a mellow person. That scene where Kid is ready to leave when he thinks he's walked in on something inappropriate with his partners and the mummy. Just how infuriated he gets when he sees how unsymmetrical the mummy is in it's true form.
Post by Wandering_Idiot (17 posts) See mini bio Level 7

Kid is actually pretty competent when he's not being hamstrung by his neuroses, although the fact that he's the most powerful trainee at this point does seem to be due to him being Death's son.

Post by Destinyheroknight (10,386 posts) See mini bio Level 21
Online Now

Death the kid is one of the reason I pick up Soul Eater :)

Post by zaldar (1,300 posts) See mini bio Level 15
@Wandering_Idiot: um...when is he NOT being hampered by his neuroses though....I mean that's like saying Cuba is a great country when it isn't being all communist....
Post by Lurkero (418 posts) See mini bio Level 7
@zaldar said:

@Wandering_Idiot: um...when is he NOT being hampered by his neuroses though....I mean that's like saying Cuba is a great country when it isn't being all communist....

I am saving that quote. Very good and made me laugh too. I hated that Kid was a smart character but he was limited by such a silly gimmick. I was watching an anime though so I got the usual.
Post by zaldar (1,300 posts) See mini bio Level 15
heh...feel free to make it a tagline just give me credit...do we have a thread for funny things people say here?  Do you visit mania...I am zalder over there if you want to give me credit for the quote over there to...not often I say something that is funny so want to get as much credit for it as I can ;)
Post by Amegashita (2 posts) See mini bio Level 3
@zaldar:   Whenever there's any true danger, Kid's neurosis is a complete no factor.
Post by Michaelblack18 (11 posts) See mini bio Level 6
never mess with a guy with guns who loves his symmetry ive always liked death the kid one of my favorite characters from soul eater next to stein and soul and hey who doesn't like a were cat girl whose a witch Blair  gets pretty serious at points (still need to finish off reading the manga it's so well done and good)
Post by ComicMan24 (8,760 posts) See mini bio Level 12
He is one of my favourite characters in the series along with Lord Death and Stein. His obsessions are so funny lol
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel