Weekly Sket Dance: Ep. 77 - The Academy's Helpers (After That)

Topic started by takashichea on Sept. 29, 2012. Last post by takashichea 2 years, 2 months ago.
Post by takashichea (14,431 posts) See mini bio Level 25
Online Now

Welcome to the Sket Dance weekly report! I'm Takashichea, and this is the final episode of the anime. 77 weeks had pass or so, and this anime was one of the best in my opinion.

Plot

While Bossun and the Sket Dan are helping the basketball team due to Jogasaki's little accident, Saaya works up the courage to confess to Bossun. Meanwhile, Sojiro thinks Saaya is still in love with Tsubaki.

Can Bossun and the gang help the basketball team and what will happened between Saaya and Bossun?

Watch this show legally on Crunchyroll.

Verdict

Beware of spoilers!

Good

Teppei and Jogasaki
Teppei and Jogasaki
  • Being the final episode, everyone except Queccion, Enigman, and a few others appear for the last time.
  • Seeing Teppei and Jogasaki getting along and working together in the basketball team brings closure to the two. In the first episode, Teppei was bullied by Jogasaki, and on the last episode, we get to see their past.
  • With Sojiro's usual misunderstanding of Saaya, Saaya finally confessed to Bossun about her feelings for him.

Bad

Too many characters that add nothing new
Too many characters that add nothing new
  • It's a bit awkward to have the last episode end with Saaya's confession.
  • Faithfulness to the manga: I'm not up to speed with the manga like you guys, and I know that the anime has neglected a few key scenes by messing with the chronological order of the manga's story.
  • It wouldn't hurt to see the basketball or more of Momoka's singing since the filler just padded Saaya's love confession chapter with Saaya's observation of Bossun and the gang working hard.
  • The training and Switch with Otakura and Reiko's scene didn't add anything interesting stuff.

Overall, it was a good episode, and for fans of Saaya, you'll love this one. With so much supporting characters appearing, it's difficult to give them attention. They just serve as padding material for Saaya's confession part. The basketball request is nice to have since it sheds light on two minor characters, but the other scenes lack humor or anything new/interesting to add.

Thanks

Thank you everyone for reading the Sket Dance Weekly report. I hope you enjoyed the series. As for wiki progress, I just need to work with Anime Vice and Sket Dance Wikia to complete the episode wiki pages.

This Week's Ongoing Anime and Manga Coverage

Special Blogs: Binbogami Ga! X Medaka and Gintama Crossover Promotional Art, Official Comic Books Discussion Thread, Humanity Has Declined Anime Team Wiki Project is Complete!, Blue Exorcist Anime Team Wiki Project is Completed!, La Storia della Arcana Famiglia anime team wiki project's done!,

Last Week's Ongoing Anime and Manga Coverage

1. Trailer Blogs: Kyousogiga, Code: Breaker, Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru, Aikatsu, Sukitte Li na Yo, Jormungand 2nd Season, History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi OVA,
  2. Special Blogs: Sword Art Online Romance Edition: Kirito's Relationships, Who is the Better Avatar: Aang vs Korra,

Other Anime Discussion Threads

Please check these out.

Takashichea

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel