Weekly Sket Dance: Ep. 34 Onee-San's Romantic Laboratory

Topic started by takashichea on Nov. 30, 2011. Last post by KuroNekoXIII 2 years, 9 months ago.
Post by takashichea (12,299 posts) See mini bio Level 25

Overview

Welcome to the 12th weekly article for Sket Dance! My team and I are happy to discuss last week's episode with you guys. For those who do not know my team, they are Annabanana, KuroNekoXIII, HalberdierV2, Hibaru, and Piface314. This week's episode is back to its two story formula that focuses on two silly and quirky characters, Remi Misora and Roman Saotome.

Plot

Roman's Craptastic Manga Laboratory

The first story focuses on Roman Saotome who has come to ask SKET Dan to review her craptastic manga handbook. She tells them that she is doing it for her club member, Fumi Segawa. Although Bossun and his crew are hesitant, they help the poor girl.

Will Roman's craptastic handbook make a difference in her manga club or will she fail?

Do Your Best, Onee-san !

Specter
Specter

The second story focuses on Remi Misora who is still plagued by her clumsiness. After Remi has fail with her history lesson, Bossun and the gang help her clean up the classroom. In the process, Remi talks about her farewell gift from her TV show, Specter (a blue ghoulish, looking doll). When a boy throws a baseball (It's probably Eiichi) into the classroom and asks for the ball, Remi throws Specter to him instead of the ball. Remi and the gang hunt for the ball where they meet a group of kindergarteners and Suemasu.

Will Remi get her confidence and be able teach students or will she quit and go home crying!

Tune in and watch Sket Dance episode 34!

Verdict

Beware of Mild Spoilers!

Good

It's craptastic all right
It's craptastic all right
  • Remi Misora and Roman never change a bit which is good. They have their own unique personality that makes the comedy fresh.
  • Roman's silly antics in her bizarre manga handbook will leave you scratching your head or laughing out loud.
  • Remi's performance with the kindergarteners will reveal her strengths and a side to Remi that the audience has never seen before.
  • One of the stories' quests had an epic fail. I won't tell you.

Bad

• Not much bad stuff to report. I can tell you Remi's story had conflict in it which made it more interesting and better than Roman's story.

Bizarre

Remi and Chuuma
Remi and Chuuma
  • Roman seems to draw her boobs bigger. It seems she has breast envy.
  • Another pairing?: Remi and Chuuma had a lot of moments alone. Plus, you'll see that Chuuma looks at Remi when she teaches class. What was he thinking at that moment?
  • Roman's craptastic manga drawing had some side effects that are more terrible than her shoujo otome powers.
  • Speaking of Roman's otome filter, she did not do it unless you count the manga.
  • Roman has a drawing rival, Switch, who is a weirdo, too.
  • On Crunchyroll, I remember a comment that suggests that Remi is more suited for teaching kindergarten. This is such a brilliant idea!

Overall, this episode is great and better than the Thief Dan, Plus episode. It's a nice comic relief episode to get away from episode 33's tense, mystery case.

Animated GIFs

I had made three GIFs for this report, though the Remi's one is a bit choppy. Looks like I need more practice. Plus, I made Bossun's drawing GIFs! Please tell me if they're a bit too slow.

Thanks

Thank you guys for reading our team's weekly report. I thank my team for doing their best to put in some time for their wiki projects and this one with college ending in a few weeks. We're almost there to freedom.

This Week's Work

Anna did a fantastic job on this episode's plot summary and uploaded a lot of images. I worked on Saori Yasuda's page and finished her story arcs, origin, and anime/manga differences. I will do Sakiko after this blog. Please see our team's wiki contribution list.

We hope you guys get active in this community and even make a weekly blogs on other shows like some obscure titles. We need the help of the community to keep this place running.

This Week's Weekly Blogs

Team Work!
Team Work!

A special news report for Team Guilty Crown: New York Comic Con and Manga Adaptation

Last Week's Weekly Blogs

Takashichea

Team W.I.K.I. Nation

Post by Halberdierv2 (1,291 posts) See mini bio Level 17

man, Roman sucks at drawing. otherwise, I liked this episode. The one for today was really great, (especially the second half) but I won't spoil it!

@Halberdierv2:

She really need to see the right expert, Bossun. I mean she told Fumi that she sucks.

I have a new idea for the weekly reports' features. I was inspired by this image that I found on fandompost, http://www.fandompost.com/forums/content.php?127-Weekly-Caption-Competition-138

I bet you'll love this.
I bet you'll love this.

Let's do this. I'm not great at picking good scenes for animated GIFs. There weren't any good scenes in this episode for GIFs that I saw.

New Features for Weekly Report

• Trivia
  • Animated GIFs
  • Stitched Cap Gallery
  • Funny Caption of the week (Not done yet)

Edit:

Thanks for the comment.

Post by KuroNekoXIII (427 posts) See mini bio Level 14

Sorry for the late comment Taka!

This episode was pretty funny! I really liked the first part, better than the second.

Roman's handbook made me laugh so hard! The concepts behind the handbook are really good, since those are the steps that I take to create characters and story lines. The way she fails at following the steps that she makes is hilarious to me XD

And the fact that she took Sket Dan's comment that her art looked like Picasso's drawings as a compliment made me laugh even harder!

Did you notice Bossun's "Sket Dance" voice during the eye catch moment? It caught my attention since it's usually all three of them saying it at the same time.

Nice GIF's by the way! The first one is really funny XD

For some reason, the second part of the episode wasnt as enjoyable for me....it seemed like it was repeating the same thing as the episode which first introduced Remi. I agree with the Crunchyroll comment, Remi is better suited as a KG teacher. It takes a lot of skill and an amiable + childish + imaginative personality to gain children's attention and love; which I think Remi definitely has.

I also noticed the ChuuXRemi pairing....I wonder if it'll develop as the series goes on.

Great report as always Taka! Looking forward to your others! :)

@KuroNekoXIII:

I see. You loved Roman just like MohsinMan99. I need to speed up those GIFs. I didn't notice Bossun's voice. Nice catch!

I bet you that Remi will teach Kindergarten if she ever realizes this or if Bossun catches it. Roman's craptastic drawings are so contagious.

@takashichea:

Lol she is pretty funny, I'm not gonna lie XD I think the second one just needs to get a little faster, the other two are fine, IMO

I bet she will eventually. Lol, yea her drawings are contagious, I feel bad for the girl she was teaching :P

@takashichea:

I forgot to mention this in my previous post, but if you found this episode funny in terms of drawings, I would recommend watching Kimi to Boku episode 8. You wouldn't need any background info on the series to enjoy the episode. The episode includes the characters "attempting" to draw a 5-page manga (emphasis on the word "attempt"..LOL). It'll give you a lot of laughs, so when you're not busy (lol which I guess isn't the case for either of us with exams and all) or just need a little breather from study and work, I would watch it :)

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel