Weekly Sket Dance: Ep. 29 - The Mistaken Angel and Food Fighter

Topic started by takashichea on Oct. 21, 2011. Last post by KuroNekoXIII 2 years, 9 months ago.
Post by takashichea (11,123 posts) See mini bio Level 25
Online Now

Overview

Welcome to the seventh weekly article on Sket Dance! The sixth weekly report was done by my teammate, KuroNekoXIII. We are going to talk about this week's episode 29, The Second Coming of The Mistaken Angel. For those of you who are new, my team is called Team W.I.K.I Nation; and my teammates are Annabanana, KuroNekoXIII, HalberdierV2, Hibaru, and Piface314. I'm here to promote the franchise and the love of my team and their work.

* As of Oct. 22, 2011, MohsinMan99 is our new teammate for Team W.I.K.I Nation. He's the Gintama expert.

See the image gallery for episode 29.

Plot

This episode covers two stories in the manga: chapter 47: The Second Coming of the Mistaken Angel in volume 6 and chapter 75: Food Fighter in volume 9. The last episode was about Shinba Michiru's cooking.

1. First Story: Sket Dan gets a request from Dante who has lost his love spell. He has a crush on a girl named Yukie. Will Sket Dan help Dante with his romance problems and find his lost love spell?
  2. Second Story: Bossun and his crew lose the jumbo ramen contest where the winner has to eat a big bowl of ramen (in 40 minutes) in order to get a set of ramen meals for his/ or her group. If he or she loses, the loser has to pay 5,000 yen. The Sket Dan crew find Chiaki who has the ability to eat food at insane speeds which it looks like she does not swallow or chew at all. Will Chiaki win the contest?
Come try out some Drymon Chocolate!
Come try out some Drymon Chocolate!

Tune in and watch Sket Dan episode 29. It's funny and it make you laugh hard.

*I don't read the manga until I see the anime episode, so I won't be spoiled and to fill out the Anime and Manga differences section on the wiki page.

Characters

Yukie Izumisawa
Yukie Izumisawa
Yukie is Dante's love interest.
Trivia Questions:
  • See her page or this link.
Ramen Shop Owner
Ramen Shop Owner
The Ramen owner has no name. (If you guys know his name, please tell me) I haven't add him to Anime Vice's Database.

Check out the Trivia Portions!

Click it to see her eat quickly!
Click it to see her eat quickly!

Bonus: I made an animated GIF for Chiaki Takahashi's special eating abilities. See this link, http://gifninja.com/animated-gifs/352923/chiaki-the-super-eater.

Verdict

Beware of Spoilers! I try not to give out too much information, so I stick with 3 at best.

Good

Dante blushes
Dante blushes
  • Switch is such a funny hypocrite when he tells others to speak normally. Like he should talk. :)
  • Bossun's answer to Chiaki's problems is brilliant and hilarious. I laugh so hard at his prep speech.
  • Jogasaki and Dante are excellent comedic characters due to their personalities. Dante's expressions and his vague words just throws me off.
  • A great episode for Chiaki and Dante fans.

Bad

• Why's the camera zoom on the girl's legs? I count three times. It is Hime, Yukie, and Chiaki.

*Unless I was staring at it for no reason and over thinking it.

• The ending theme song does not have Reiko Yuki in it. It has Moe and Hime, Momoka, Roman, Mimori, and Daisy. No love for the Occult girl? (I just realized since today.)

Bizarre

Hime calls this scene, a twisted fetish. How?
Hime calls this scene, a twisted fetish. How?
  • If Switch can look up Dante's love interest, how come he cannot find out who Yukie likes?
  • The only girl seen to puke in the show is Kagura from Gintama. (See Sket Dance episode 26 - Sket Dance X Gintama Crossover) Why did they not show and censor Chiaki puking?

Overall, the episode is excellent, and the two manga stories are separate due to a missing character in the Food Fighter one. I liked that anime altercation for this episode. Plus, this episode is good for Dante and Chiaki fans.

Thanks

I thank you guys for reading this. You guys are awesome. I thank my team for being super, special awesome. (I need some new vocabulary) Even though this week, my teammates were working on different franchises and were busy with school, I did this episode's plot summary, points of interests, and anime/manga differences. The Beelzebub team did a lot this week. I had a side project this week. It's a secret. Please check out our wiki work on episode 29 and check out it image gallery. Please check out our Team W.I.K.I Nation's Vitae list!

Team W.I.K.I Nation wants to you get involved!
Team W.I.K.I Nation wants to you get involved!

Get involved in this community! You can blog, review, comment, or wiki edit. The more people, the better this community would be. Give some recognition to wiki editors, reviewers, and writers out there. I'm open to suggestions for the weekly blog. I try to make it consistent, but I do slight changes to keep it dynamic and flexible.

My Team's Weekly Articles This Week

* As of Oct. 22, 2011, MohsinMan99 is our new teammate for Team W.I.K.I Nation. He's the Gintama expert.

Last Week's Reports

Team's Misc Blogs from last Week

Friends' Blogs

I chose these guys above because they're awesome people. You got to love how insightful Sotyfan16 is and how funny Superevil225 is. Sotyfan16 is the CEO of guides; he help me and Superevil225 when we had trouble on how to make a beginner guide. Superevil225 is making her debut on the weekly reports in her own style just like MohsinMan99 and KuroNekoXIII.

See FoxxFireArt's Community Spotlight 10-20-11!

Takashichea

Member of Team W.I.K.I Nation, Beelzebub, and Fairy Tail.

Online Now

For some odd reason, the links on the blog post work, but when I post the blog into the forums, the links won't work. I have to submit a bug report because it happens last night and the week before.

I'm sorry everyone. I will relink everything.

Post by KuroNekoXIII (427 posts) See mini bio Level 14

@takashichea:

I was looking forward to reading this report after watching the episode! This is yet another one of Sket Dance's best episodes. I laughed so hard at the part when Switch took the pic of Bossun taking Hime's chocolate :D

This was my favorite line in the entire episode "Da......Da.......Da......Dare?" I lol'd so hard XD

@takashichea said:

Bad

• Why's the camera zoom on the girl's legs? I count three times. It is Hime, Yukie, and Chiaki.

*Unless I was staring at it for no reason and over thinking it.

I noticed the legs thing too, and didnt like it much either. (Nice caption! :D)

Awesome blog as always Taka! I'm looking forward to your next reports! :D

Oh yea, and well done on the trivia questions! :D

Online Now

@KuroNekoXIII:

Thanks! I hope I was creative with the multiple choices for the trivia questions. I couldn't add the Switch catching Bossun in the act since it would spoil the comedic surprise.

Your weekly blog has more fun images than mine.

Update 10:10PM

• Added Bossun's Puke Reel images

@takashichea:

Yes, the multiple choice questions were really good! (I edited my reply earlier and put what I said under "spoiler")

Thanks! But I still think your pics are really good...lol especially the Dante pic :P

And nice idea on creating the gif, really creative!

Online Now

Updates 10-22-11

Since Team Beelzebub's weekly report on episode 38 and Mohsinman99's weekly report on Gintama episode 231 has those inspirational main images that promotes getting involved in this commmunity, I edited and add a Team W.I.K.I Nation promotional image as well. I'll get a bigger group photo next time.

Thank KuroNekoXIII, Mohsinman99, ShadowKnight509, and the rest of the teams.

Get Involved, People!

Post by sotyfan16 (1,341 posts) See mini bio Level 20

Thanks for the mention and good job to you and your team(s). All of you guys', and girls', work help make AV a better place for anime/manga info than ANN and other wiki sites.

For more detailed background info on the creation of anime/manga titles and the creators behind them I suggest going to Wikipedia and looking through the reference links at the bottom of the pages so ours can be more fulfilled.

Post by MohsinMan99 (1,777 posts) See mini bio Level 21

OK, I think I found something. Tune in and watch Sket Dan Episode No...38??!!!

Taka, did you time travel or something? :)

Online Now

@MohsinMan99:

I fix it. Thanks. That was a silly mistake. My little excuse is that I made this blog around midnight. I was typing Beelzebub's episode 38 at the same time. That is where I got the 38 from.

@sotyfan16:

No problem! It's like a mini spotlight. We can make a difference in this community and get more people involved.

As for the creation section

It's usually the main characters and some minor characters that the author provides information on their creation. Too bad, we can't get every character's creation information with the manga stuff. For example, I remembered one author complaining that he has no free pages to comment on his characters in an volume due to budget issues. We'll try our best to get most of them. Thanks!

@KuroNekoXIII:

I found more GIFs at this website: http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/sket-dance?before=1317305507

Go ahead and click on them! :)

I should have found them earlier when I was working on the Sket Dance X Gintama crossover article.

@takashichea:

Sweet gifs! :D Thanks for sharing!

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel