Seven Seas Licenses ToraDora!, A Certain Scientific Railgun and Amnesia Labyrinth

Topic started by YuiAsakawa on July 20, 2010. Last post by bellboa45 3 years, 7 months ago.
Post by YuiAsakawa (10 posts) See mini bio Level 9

Is it just me, or is everything that I want to see licensed lately magically appearing? I mean, it's great, don't get me wrong, but I'm expecting a giant pink fairy to appear at my house soon and wave her wand to grant my every anime-related fantasy. 

Mania reports that Seven Seas let the new manga titles slip through their Twitter, not in an official announcement, but rather with a series of cryptic hints and anagrams. If you didn't guess them, the official PR was issued today, announcing that the titles were in fact ToraDora!, A Certain Scientific Railgun and Amnesia Labyrinth. The latter comes out first in February 2011, while we'll have to wait until March for ToraDora! and June for A Certain Scientific Railgun.

I like the idea of more creative announcements -- as  Seven Seas Senior Editor Adam Arnold so eloquently puts it, "If I had to write another boring press release, I would've stabbed myself with a fork." I hear that. Anyone thinking about picking these up?
Post by metalsnakezero (670 posts) See mini bio Level 16
Railgun!? The Index manga hasn't been licenses yet but their getting the spin-off first? Thats weird.
Post by Strongbadman47 (43 posts) See mini bio Level 3
But NIS already put out Toradora. 
http://www.nisamerica.com/index.php?nav=ap&aid=toradora
Post by sotyfan16 (1,341 posts) See mini bio Level 20

I'm not sure what to think here as I've also seen something of Toradora already released. Maybe the license changed hands? Haven't checked out Railgun yet but I hear good things.

Post by metalsnakezero (670 posts) See mini bio Level 16
@Strongbadman47 said:
" But NIS already put out Toradora. 
http://www.nisamerica.com/index.php?nav=ap&aid=toradora "
This is the Manga Licenses not the Anime licenses.
Post by DocHaus (931 posts) See mini bio Level 18
I'm still wondering what the hell is going on regarding Seven Seas original licenses. The only one that seems to have been greenlit for a new volume recently is Amazing Agent Luna, while everything else appears to have vanished into thin air for one reason or another.

Regarding the announcement though, I might be willing to pick up a volume of Railgun or two at the ol' bookstore. Not sure about the others.
Post by Strongbadman47 (43 posts) See mini bio Level 3
@metalsnakezero:  Oh ok. Sorry I didn't read it right.
Post by Morita_Shunsuke (1,029 posts) See mini bio Level 9
 THis is the cutest thing ever =D 

Post by zaldar (1,253 posts) See mini bio Level 15
Yea where did that picture come from...?  I may be showing some lack of anime knowledge but it is incredibly cute..
Post by bellboa45 (2 posts) See mini bio Level 3
@zaldar

The image is from Toradora. The whole show is incredibly cute (or toradorable) and one of my personal favorites. I will be buying the manga when it comes out.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel