Breast-Feeding Manga Gets Anime

Topic started by gia on May 16, 2009. Last post by rybin 5 years, 2 months ago.
Post by gia (3,032 posts) See mini bio Level 13
Champion RED's manga Seikon no Qwaser, written by Hiroyuki Yoshino (scripter of Mai-HiME, Code Geass, Gundam SEED, Kuroshitsuji, and others) and drawn by Kenetsu Satou, is reportedly being developed into a TV anime.

...Which should be veeeeeery interesting, considering the plot. See, it takes place at an Eastern Orthodox school called Saint Mihailov Academy, where a war breaks out between the Church and a sect of unique people who have remarkable powers. This sect is known as the “Adepts,” and I gather that the sect that fights them is the “Qwaser” group.

Now, the Qwasers are interesting: while they don't gain their powers the same way as, say, the characters in Fate/Stay Night, there is a unique power-transmission technique: breast-feeding. Not only that, but something about the way the suckle from their, ahem, wet-nurses? results in said women feeling immense pleasure.

And this is going on TV. Should be interesting to see how it gets handled, don'tcha think?
Post by Void_Wizard (735 posts) See mini bio Level 9
Sounds very interesting...
Post by Sonata (35,401 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Online Now
How do people come up with this stuff lol
Post by DarthRyu666 (26 posts) See mini bio Level 5
Only in japan do they come up with plot lines such as this. It should be turned into a hentai instead lol
Post by Sigue (860 posts) See mini bio Level 8
Wait, what?
Post by Agent_Lost (1,124 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Japan, it never fail.
Post by aztek the lost (116 posts) See mini bio Level 8
o_O

when you say TV anime, you mean OVA hentai, right?
Post by DocHaus (931 posts) See mini bio Level 18
I've seen scanlations of the manga before. My impression was that it was an...interesting variation of Full Metal Alchemist. The Qwasers are kinda like the Alchemists, except the Qwasers get power from sucking breasts instead of drawing a circle on the ground and can somehow manipulate the very electrons themselves to their will instead of needing the physical elements all the time. There's a teensy bit more hard science involved (one of the "Qwasers" is stuck with mastery of Roentgenium, a synthetic element that's been created successfully about three times in a lab so far. Compared to the hero who can manipulate Iron or a villain who can control Oxygen, that makes him kinda useless). There's also some plot about the Russian Orthodox church, but who cares about that stuff when you can see some nice softcore action?

On a semi-related note, I'm starting to think that certain kinds of anime and manga have snapped my moral compass in half. Damn you Japan! Daaaamn Yooooouuuu!

*shakes fist*
Post by HeeroYuy (1,210 posts) See mini bio Level 12
Freud would be all over this...
Post by kiroshimatsu (94 posts) See mini bio Level 1
...o_o... WTF!?
Post by Netstryke (71 posts) See mini bio Level 8
EHHHHHH?!
What the ........?!
Post by rybin (1 posts) See mini bio Level 1

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel