The Legend's Characteristics
Name: Akio "The Legend" Seijuu
Age: 32 (His real age is Unknown, but it is clear that Akio has lived for many hundred years)
Place of Birth: Tokyo, Japan
Hair Color: light-blonde (almost pale)
Eye Color: Grey
Height: 6' 3"
Weight: 198 lbs
Occupation: Swordsman; Traveler; Paid Mercenary
Affiliation: No one, he works for whomever pays the most.
Although he is usually seen as a laid-back, jovial fellow, Akio also shows a deceptively cunning and serious side when the situation warrants it. He commonly uses idle conversation and outward concern as an act of distracting his opponents. Despite his care-free attitude, he always speaks politely, but is sometimes sarcastic. Cora even notes that he tends to go over the top with whatever he becomes passionate about. He once described himself as a "mere honest, handsome, perverted businessman."
Approximately 110 years ago, Akio's personality was the direct opposite of what it is in the present, showing the changes he went through as a hired mercenary. During his earlier years as a commander, he was viewed as a nervous, flustered, and quiet person. He was even somewhat unsure of himself and lacked confidence in his ability to be a good leader. In addition, he was commonly shown to be confused with how to deal with the Xcution's subordinates, and was easily overwhelmed by many of his lieutenants. Despite being uncomfortable in his role, he seems relatively at ease in his previous position at Xcution. However, he eventually hardens his resolve to take on his role as commander by becoming more serious and determined.
Akio Seijuu is a tall and lean-built man with light skin and gray eyes. His hair is messy and light-blond (almost pale) with strands framing the sides of the face and hanging between his eyes and chin stubble. He wears a dark green shirt and pants, topped with a black coat with a white diamond pattern along its bottom half. His coat's design looks like the opposite of that of can Xcution haori (white with black diamonds). Akio has also been known to carry a fan which he uses to occasionally hide his face. He also usually wears traditional Japanese wooden sandals and a striped-dark green and white bucket hat that usually shadows his eyes. During his earlier years in Xcution, he had a clean face and wore the standard Xcution uniform. In his more casual events, he would usually wear his geta. He also later wore a long-sleeved Xcution's haori after his promotion.
Powers, Skills, & Abilities
Benihime: A blade described by Akio as "not nice", it also one of the few known weapons with a female spirit sealed within. When sealed, Benihime is a beige-colored shikomizue (a blade hidden inside a cane) with a curved handle. As the blade resides in a cane, the cane's handle is still the hilt and the shaft is the sheath, making it still operate like other weapon. The shaft's base also bears a skull and flame mark on the bottom, which can separate souls from bodies by pressing the mark to it. Back when still in Xcution, Benihime was sealed in a standard katana-form with a black sheath worn under Akio's sash. It had an oval-shaped tsuba with a snowflake-design embossed in it and a black hilt-wrapping. It is unknown if Benihime can return to this katana-form.
- Nake, Benihime (啼け紅姫, Sing, Crimson Princess): This technique fires particularly strong concussive and destructive crimson-colored energy blasts. The energy flows out of the blade and fires usually in the arc of the swords swing. The technique is capable of taking on any point-blank energy blast from just about anyone by dissipating it with a blast of equal power. He is also able to charge-up this technique to produce considerable more damage
- Chikasumi no Tate (血霞の盾, Blood Mist Shield): This technique forms an hexagonal-shaped crimson barrier in front of the blade for defensive tactics. The barrier is called out with the same command as the "Nake" technique. The barrier is able to easily block a direct punch from the immensely strong Cora without damaging itself or repercussions to Akio, and block Sisuke's first use of his unnamed energy disc while only slightly eroding, after which Akio comments that he would have lost an arm were it not for the shield.
- Kamisori, Benihime (剃刀紅姫, "Razor, Crimson Princess"): A technique that fires an energy arc capable of cutting through materials and substances with relative ease. It was able to cut through a steel-protected skin of Cora. He sends a wave of energy that moves towards the target and is capable of instantly changing direction.
- Tsuppane, Benihime (突ッ撥紅姫, "Spurning, Crimson Princess"): After analyzing a technique's energy composition as well as the subject's muscle movements when they use the technique, by simply drawing a circle of energy with the edge of Benihime and time it right, this technique can cancel out the enemy's attack at the point of contact.
- Shibari, Benihime (縛り紅姫, Binding, Crimson Princess): This technique launches condensed energy into the form of a tangible blood red net, generated from the blade length and simply thrown over the intended target (typically from above) with a simple slashing motion from Benihime. The net further binds and restricts an opponent’s movements by constricting to its form. This net appears elongated and somewhat narrow.
- Hiasobi, Benihime, Juzutsunagi (火遊 紅姫 数珠繋, Fire-Playing, Crimson Princess, Beaded Mesh): After using the Shibari technique Akio stabs the net with the tip of Benihime, creating orbs of fire along the outside length of the net, which explode like linked land-mines in a domino formation leading toward the intended target that is bound under the net. When the orbs come into direct contact with the intended target it creates a tremendously large and devastating explosion.
Master Swordsmanship Specialist: Despite his carefree nature, Akio is an extremely skilled swordsman, possessing powerful strikes with equally impressive speed and precision behind them. His abilities are considered highly dangerous by his mentor and father, the 4th seat of Xcution. While Akio's preferred combat seems to be swordsmanship, he is highly adept in combining it with his other skills and instantly switching to any of them. His usual methods in battle are striking from various angles to confuse and catch his opponents off-guard for sneak attacks. He was able to keep an old friend of his constantly pressured during their training despite his friend's much larger blade. His skills rarely rely on more than power as seen against Cora, the 10th seat of Xcution.
- Hozuri ("Cheek Stroke"): A simple but precise slash technique that is meant only to lightly graze and cause superficial wounds
Enhanced Strength: Akio's physical prowess goes beyond flashy skills. As a former member of Xcution, he received considerable physical conditioning. During his time as commander of Xcution, he was able to effortlessly stop a punch from a giant man with a single hand. He was even able to stop a kick from the immensely strong Cora, blocking most of the impact that would have otherwise killed his best friend. During his training with his friend, his strikes showed enough power to create rather large craters and easily launch the younger fighter several meters and through solid rock.
Enhanced Speed: Akio has demonstrated tremendous speed and reflexes in battle. Even when caught by surprise from an enemy's attack, he can react in time to skillfully dodge or counter the assault. Offensively, he can keep up quick and rapid assault that forces most opponents on the defense as he leaves no openings in his attacks
Enhanced Agility: While normally laid-back, Akio is an immensely agile fighter. In battle, his agility can effectively use the battlefield to his advantage, flipping and jumping from wall to wall to keep his opponents unsure of his attack patterns. Offensively, his agility grants him great balance and dexterity in battle, able to attack his opponent from various angles with great accuracy and force.
Enhanced Durability: While not having the most imposing of appearances, Akio has received considerable physical training from his days in the Xcution and is well-conditioned for battle. He is able to take large amounts of punishment. During his days as commander of Xcution, he would regularly be assaulted by many of his more powerful allies. Each time, he would take the assaults indifferently, if not laugh about it, with little to no real effect on himself. His durability even caused Cora to be more careful about how she would hit him, if she didn't want to hurt herself instead.
Genius Intellect: Akio has proven himself to be the most intelligent being both within and outside of the Xcution. Much of his intellect is seen in scientific inventions, deduction of situations, and combat tactics. Ai himself acknowledges his brother Akio's intelligence surpasses his own immense intellect. He is very insightful of other people, allowing him to seemingly predict anything well in advance. After Cora inadvertently revealed her powers to Ai, Akio correctly deduced that Ai would try to capture Cora to use her against the Xcution. Akio is also a highly capable teacher. In only five days of unorthodox training, he conditioned his best friend into an experience fighter on par with lieutenant-level Xcution member
- Master Scientist & Inventor: As the founder and former head of Xcution, Akio is a talented inventor and scientist, having created a number of devices or techniques to aid him in battle or otherwise. His knowledge has led him to an innate understanding of the abilities of others as well as what happens when independent variables are entered into an equation. His intellect in this field is evident having created the most amazing things in Xcution's history. As he has been inventing and creating things since the time before becoming a Seated Officer in Xcution. He is able to create his inventions in rather short amounts of time. Akio was even able to figure out how to restore his best friend's powers three months after losing them.
- Master Strategist & Tactician: Despite his aloof and unkempt appearance, Akio has repeatedly shown to be a very insightful and cunning man. He also possesses great intuition, able to quickly become aware of any incoming danger and react to it in time. Akio has an undeniable talent for thinking things well in advance, make decisive and accurate decisions quickly in battle, and seemingly perceive any situation at hand. He is generally a crafty tactician, easily able he can deceive both allies and enemies. In battle, he has regularly used cunning deception to catch his opponents off-guard. He is also a very analytical man, able to quickly can see through an opponent's power and attack patterns to ultimately make them useless against him. He easily outmaneuvered and tricked Ai repeatedly in his fight with him.
Immense Hidden Power: As a former commander of Xcution, Akio boasts strong levels of energy. His energy is intense enough to make opponents also with high levels of energy sweat in fear. When releasing this energy, it can cause a shockwave strong enough to affect a considerable radius and launch back weaker individuals. He also demonstrated noticeably great reserves of energy; energy to launch multiple high-level attacks in a single battle without tiring. He is quite skilled in hiding this energy, able to remain unnoticed by both allies and enemies.