Who would you want leading a team?

Topic started by Lobos_Del_Rayo on March 8, 2012. Last post by Dahlia_Magenta 2 years, 4 months ago.
Post by Lobos_Del_Rayo (2,867 posts) See mini bio Level 12

Since the reboot team threads have been very upset on the Vice not just because lack of activity but also lack of players this is something that only time will change hopefully I for one believe we need a lot more teams. Ebisu has sorta gone belly up with lack of active members and the only other team is the evil Mangetsu but that's not really a team it's more like a business than anything but that is how Kuro-san wanted it. There not even enough neutrals to create a neutral team to begin with. I miss Gekido, the Company, and the preboot teams. But this is not a thread about me complaining about the lack of teams

This is a thread just to see what and who the Vice would like to see lead a team. Just post a character who is relatively current, doesn't have to be active just a reboot character you think should lead a team and what kind of team it should be?

For me I would love to see:

• Daisuke: I think Daisuke as a team leader for something like a reincarnated Ebisu that is more extreme then its past form or maybe a magic hero based group that combines Magic with technology. The would be a strong enforcer of justice similar to an anime Justice League with members world wide.
  • Callis (if or when he returns): Callis was already on his way to becoming a memorable character before his dimmesion called him home I think if Callis does return he will even more badass then he was before. I think he could be a leader of a more Ebisu like team that functions under the radar compared to a Daisuke lead team he could gather up allies he met before he left: Jack, Crow, etc.
  • Sakir: I think the rebooted Sakir/Sabine would make a great leader of a small team of evil mercenaries that only fight for the highest bidder and are known for their destructive ways and nature. Sakir would be a cruel but young leader using fear to get his men to follow him until the day that his/her secret is revealed then another cruel person can step up to take leadership.
  • Dahlia: Here is the neutral team, someone who is as hot headed, free spirited, independent, and radical could be use as a leader of a team that consist of all three factions and their goal is against Big Business, War, Tyranny, Politics, etc. as a underground rebel group leading civilian unrest determine to make a political statement. Think V for Vendetta
  • Crow: No this is not my ego speaking but something I think many people might like, a lot of people wondered when Crow would join Ebisu and he finally did just as it went belly up. This is something that I may or may not have considered in the past and something I may or may not have set up seeds for ;). It would be a group of western like outlaws operating together who elected Crow as the interim team leader maybe they are being told what to be by a higher authority or maybe they are just doing what they want. He would seek out allies that he met and maybe some come to him to create a small by well rounded team.

Do you agree with my choices? Or do you have some options of your own for leaders and teams. Post them here please :)

Post by Mesamia (5,109 posts) See mini bio Level 14
I like the list, though I think teams are kinda over-rated. 
Post by Kuro_San (1,339 posts) See mini bio Level 11

Callis could lead a team... As he is right now he could surely do it, not as he was before vanishing...

@Mesamia: I like the idea of teams at the moment they probably won't work because of our lack of not active players but also a general lack of players. I look at comicvine's RPG section and a new team is created everyday. If a team thread isn't being created then a place of some sort. This isn't meant to be anything serious just wanna know who the vice thinks is the best leader and what type of team :)

@Kuro_San: Really I wonder what he will be like if or when he returns after all that is why is in my list.

Post by Asune (1,191 posts) See mini bio Level 12

@Lobos_Del_Rayo:Then do a three members team, that way there will be more people for other teams

Post by Falken (219 posts) See mini bio Level 9

@Lobos_Del_Rayo: @Kuro_San said:

Callis could lead a team... As he is right now he could surely do it, not as he was before vanishing...

@Falken: ......if that means what i think it means that i will be shocked because i had a feeling ;) I won't say it here to spoil it.

@Asune: we still wouldn't have enough people besides this is just a hypothetical thread if there was enough people who would you want leading a team and what kind of team would they be.

Post by Asune (1,191 posts) See mini bio Level 12

@Lobos_Del_Rayo:I'm planning a new strategy with Lebreus, if he where to join a team on the future he wouldn't use Magic of Logic, otherwise it will ruin the team

@Lobos_Del_Rayo: I think I know what are you thinking, yet I'm suprised nobody noticed considering the unholy ammoun of hints I left hanging every time I posted

Post by Sonata (35,398 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Anime Vice has always been influx since the very beginning when it comes RP'ing. I knew what currently is going on Ebisu would eventually happen, one of the reason I didnt join with Sonata. It always happens its nobodies fault really, it happens. 

Anyway nice list.:)
Post by UsachanMaN (4,514 posts) See mini bio Level 15

@Sonata said:

Anime Vice has always been influx since the very beginning when it comes RP'ing. I knew what currently is going on Ebisu would eventually happen, one of the reason I didnt join with Sonata. It always happens its nobodies fault really, it happens. Anyway nice list.:)

I agree with Sonata on this one.

Personally, I don't really mind seeing who ends up leading a team, its how the team interacts and its overall theme is what really draws me in. Like Kazi, for example; Haseo was the leader, but it was how Kazi had that "family" and "laid-back" yet its "heroic" theme that made me love it. Not only that, but I think we need more variety, so we shouldnt constrain ourselves to the typical "evil" team, "neutral" team, and "heroic" team. Something unique, like that restaurant idea that we had a while ago (I forgot what the name of that team thread was). I know Phoenix_Wright has posted his Vice & Co. Law Offices thread, which is also recruiting interested team members; and I'm surprised that not a lot of RPers have posted onto it since it is an open rp thread.

I think many of us are concerned with upgrading our characters and the fighting/powers aspect of RPing, as well as long story-like RPGs that we're forgetting that we can always post laid-back posts, that would strengthen our rp characters' bonds.We've got so many nice threads like Superevil's "The Park" thread , BigHeart's "Goldenwing Mall" thread, Zella's "Blissful Thorn Nightclub" thread, etc etc. it's a shame we dont put them to use as we used to.

That's my opinion.

Post by this_is_riddle (201 posts) See mini bio Level 10

@UsachanMaN: I agree with you that things like the Park, Goldnwing Mall, Blissful Thorn NIghtclub (I thought that was closed for rebuilding and Zella's been kinda absent), are important and I try to use them every now and again its just that there still in not a variety in people itself no matter where you go whether its the park or the mall its the same people. I personally think the vice needs a variety we are stuck with only a few people pushing anything.

I think that the Vice&Co Law Office is a good thread its just I really have no reason to go there with either Crow or Enigma let alone join the team. This is why we need more people a variety of characters would allow more opportunities for people to join teams like the Law Office or Ebisu depending on their character.

The point of the thread is to see who we what character we would like to see teams and what kind of team would that me whether it be a typical hero group or something more unique. My first post actually list 4/5 different teams XD

@Sonata: Well villains group usually fall apart because villains betray each other isn't that what happen to Gekido, most other teams suffer from a lack of activity which sucks :P

Anyway back to the point of the thread lol:

• Sonata: The cop/super heroine could training school/ team that focuses on training the younger heroes to work together and use their powers properly they could work together with the cops and other military forces for good separating them from other teams which usually work against or above the law. I could see heroes like Alicia and Paintress joining.
Post by UsachanMaN (4,514 posts) See mini bio Level 15

@this_is_riddle: Lol sorry I kinda went on a tangent

Sonata: The cop/super heroine could training school/ team that focuses on training the younger heroes to work together and use their powers properly they could work together with the cops and other military forces for good separating them from other teams which usually work against or above the law. I could see heroes like Alicia and Paintress joining.

This is interesting! :D

We Should start thinking more like an anime team, not a super team, since, for example, old Gekido or the reboot Obsidian seemed to be a Supervillain group

@Kuro_San: Well what exactly is an anime team? Just curious

@Lobos_Del_Rayo: Think more Espada, less Legion of Doom.

More Oracion Six (Rave Master Version), Less Sinister Six.

Meaning you need

• A theme
  • A clear objective
  • A somewhat cohesive group, not a mish-mash of villains without any rhyme or reason, only joining to do evil, period.
  • The attitude to it, and the interactions in the group.

I'll try to rejoin the scattered heroes when Callis comes back, and start forming an opposite front with Kuro-san

It'll be something like freedom vs corporative goverment

Post by Sonata (35,398 posts) See mini bio Level 20
@Falken: There was actually a team called Espada on here led by Acer and Pepper.

@Falken: Actually my plan is to eventually make a group using Crow that would be more akin to western outlaws. Now that I think about the Espada would be a cool team concept :). I been planting seeds here and there but its still a work in progress. Future members will possibly include:

• Crow (the group elects him to interim team leader)
  • Toni
  • Western Fairy
  • Akhana

Members I would like to join

• Saitire
  • Caius

Callis would be a good team leader hence thats why he on my list but my concept was different I like yours better.

So I am just curious and putting this question out there, I'm not saying this is going to happen anytime soon but it is an idea, Who would be interested in a Crow lead team? If you are interested do you have any suggestions or what it would be like or anything similar.

@Lobos_Del_Rayo: I'm already taking cards on that matter

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel