What happened?

Topic started by Lady_Liberty on Dec. 31, 2012. Last post by Mesamia 1 year, 5 months ago.
Post by Lobos_Del_Rayo (2,874 posts) See mini bio Level 12

@Kuma_From_Argentina said:

@UsachanMaN: About the lenght of the post you're totally right, I took the example of other players and some of my post are really really long, now I'm going to a shorter aproach like I did in Samjaz vs Gen or in Taylor, rather than the bulk of text I used to write like in Blade & Bullets (God did I wrote a lot there or what, to my defense Lobos is usally longer)

@UsachanMaN: @SamJaz: @Lady_Liberty: @Sonata: Okay because we got to the topic of long post I feel I am quite responsible for this. When I first joined and was reading other people post I felt that was the norm to post a two to three paragraph post. So I just followed the norm well I am person who believes in detail, long post, and stories. But after looking at things on the Viney side I notice that short post are actually the way to go. Longer post are good for a big opening or a major part in a story but just small quick post keep activity flowing better.

Still though i like adding detail I want you guys to be able to see, taste, hear, feel, and smell the things I wrote in a story whether it be in a desert city, an awesome fight scene I want you guys to understand and really enjoy it.

I have to agree with the other issues that have been brought up. It really is a vicious cycle, real life (I'm going to school plus working on my own personal writing project) I just dont have the drive at the moment to rp I been trying to find it either on the Vine or even here at my home the Vice. Life cuts in causes a lack of drive meaning less people less activity less stories less teams and less drive then repeat till you have what we have now.

Post by UsachanMaN (4,514 posts) See mini bio Level 15

@Lobos_Del_Rayo: Well, we've all kind of got into the habit of writing long posts, so its not really "your responsibility" per se XD I understand what you're saying about the details we tend to want to include in the posts. I believe that its the writer that's within all of us that kinda unleashes once we start RPing lol. The problem that comes along with it is that we start taking the RP, which was originally made as a hobby-type exercise, into a full-out "short-story" or "story" piece of literature. That on its own requires a lot of time and energy, which most of us would rather invest in real life (like towards work, school, family and friends, and our own pass-times like our own creative writing, art, etc). I get the feeling that's why activity here is dwindling.

Honestly speaking, I dont have much of a drive to RP yet, and I honestly dont know if I'll ever get back to how I used to RP again...simply because my current responsibilities are more than what they were when I first started to RP on the site. Also, realistically speaking, I would rather use my free-time working on my own creative writing, art work, etc. That doesn't mean that I wont RP at all, it just means that my RPing here (if I ever get that drive back) will be a lot less than when I used to.

Post by Blindside (1,003 posts) See mini bio Level 12

Yeah, I'd like to see the Vice revive.

I've considered coming back seeing the recent spark of life on the Vice or hell even trying to start fresh on the Vine just to keep me writing. The problem is I don't know if I had it in me to write again on here with a new term starting at school and my own projects I'm working on with Kuma I fear I won't have it in me to write again like I did in the past. Don't get me wrong I got plently of ideas and stories that I want to tell; (The Road to El Dorado, The Fight for El Dorado, more fights with the Numbers, etc.) and characters that I want to write as but I don't want to over stretch myself.

Everything above I can work through and pace myself my fear is I'll start again things will roll for a short time and then bam we are back in the same thing as before. No writers, no activity, no life

The question is...

How Do we prevent this from happening again and again?

Post by Blindside (1,003 posts) See mini bio Level 12

@Lobos_Del_Rayo: We go out across the Internet and steal members from other sites!

Post by Kuma_From_Argentina (6,778 posts) See mini bio Level 13

@Blindside: And we chain them to their computers!

Post by SamJaz (12,841 posts) See mini bio Level 20
@Lobos_Del_Rayo: @Kuma_From_Argentina: @Blindside: @UsachanMaN

Hey, guys? I'm down to go on a expidition to El Dorado. Actually, pick an event, get three or more players, three posts a day, ball will roll all on it's own. So long as I don't need to instigate any old rivalry's to get things going. I'd prefer not going down that route.

Now, a solution? ENDINGS.

Seriously. so many RP's just fizzle out with no conclusive ending. If we start stories with the intention, not to complete them, but to actually have endings, that'd be fun.

@SamJaz: If I write a new event then I am going to take a page form Comic Vine and have the post be short and sweet, expect for an exceptions. The El Dorado story is something I wanted to write for a while.

@Lobos_Del_Rayo: Nice.

Hey, me and ReliusClover found something fun. Short and sweet character encounters. Story over and done with within 24-28 hours. Short, episodic snippets, like at the start of your standard shounen, Dunno what anyone wants to make of that, but I found it fun.

I may be able to RP again... no promises though >.< But I will try my best! :D I would most likely only be able to post once a day though :(

@UsachanMaN: YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!

@SamJaz: Lol XD

Post by Dahlia_Magenta (814 posts) See mini bio Level 14
I still don't see this place getting any better soon.
Post by Jlynnana (3,293 posts) See mini bio Level 13

The Vice faded for me, once it took longer and longer for people to post in rpgs. I'm talking weeks would go past.

@Dahlia_Magenta: @Jlynnana: Yep, it is pretty ridiculous. I'm still on daily, but hard to RP alone.

Post by Light (154 posts) See mini bio Level 7

I feel like doing something about this.

@Light: coolstuff. Let's do something.

Post by Light (154 posts) See mini bio Level 7

I'm ready when you are.

@Light: Looks like someone's asking for a CHALLENGE!!! Link.

@Jlynnana: that sucks, sorry about that. Hoping to bring it back into a daily update schedule. What can I do to help?

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel