Welcome to Inazuma City (OOC)

Topic started by Kuro_San on Aug. 19, 2012. Last post by kashif1 1 year, 8 months ago.
Post by Kuro_San (1,338 posts) See mini bio Level 11

I'll post when Jack starts editing

@Sonata: Would you like to post, we could use a boost from the timeskip mastermind

@Guyver: Will you continue posting?

Post by Kurohige (3,680 posts) See mini bio Level 19

So is this still going on?

Post by Kuro_San (1,338 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@Kurohige: Yes I'm waiting for Jack to edit his post

Post by Lobos_Del_Rayo (2,767 posts) See mini bio Level 12

This is the story of the Vice unfortunately good plans and idea get made and nothing comes of it because people stop posting, don't post, and things slow down to a halt.

Post by Guyver (3,405 posts) See mini bio Level 14
I will continue posting, when I get the time. That's all I can really say.
Post by Kuma_From_Argentina (6,556 posts) See mini bio Level 13

@Lobos_Del_Rayo: @Kurohige: I'm about to ignore Jack Post and keep on posting

Post by Sonata (35,106 posts) See mini bio Level 20
@Lobos_Del_Rayo said:

This is the story of the Vice unfortunately good plans and idea get made and nothing comes of it because people stop posting, don't post, and things slow down to a halt.

Its a shame that happens. I would like to post more, but my appearances on the Vice have been sporadic of late. And I usually got mod stuff to do here when I get on.

@Sonata: I understand not everyone has all the time in the world to post we do have lives outside of the Vice. I go to school all week, some people have jobs, shit comes up etc. I understand and that is okay just a quick heads up hey I am a bit busy I may not be able to post or something out of courtesy is nice. But when you get caught up and interlace in a RP that been going on or you are key to someone plot and they can't do anything till you post I think one you should make time or two tell somebody have I can't post please take control of my character.

I am currently going to school for Web Design and I been rolling an idea around in my head and I am curious to see how people like this idea; once I get a little more skilled at making web sites I want to create my own anime RP website. It will be similar to the vice where is not based off one universe but it will share a single universe. I will let you guys know more about it when I start putting it together I don't know how long that may take though. I am open to ideas for what kind of universe, details like places, etc. it should be.

Who would be interested?

Post by kashif1 (1,813 posts) See mini bio Level 13

@Kuro_San: Made a minor edit to their conversation, sorry it took so long, exams hit.

@Lobos_Del_Rayo said:

@Sonata: I understand not everyone has all the time in the world to post we do have lives outside of the Vice. I go to school all week, some people have jobs, shit comes up etc. I understand and that is okay just a quick heads up hey I am a bit busy I may not be able to post or something out of courtesy is nice. But when you get caught up and interlace in a RP that been going on or you are key to someone plot and they can't do anything till you post I think one you should make time or two tell somebody have I can't post please take control of my character.

I am currently going to school for Web Design and I been rolling an idea around in my head and I am curious to see how people like this idea; once I get a little more skilled at making web sites I want to create my own anime RP website. It will be similar to the vice where is not based off one universe but it will share a single universe. I will let you guys know more about it when I start putting it together I don't know how long that may take though. I am open to ideas for what kind of universe, details like places, etc. it should be.

Who would be interested?

I'd be very interested, standardized templates for things would be very useful.

I've been having a thought of my own, there is very little dialogue between characters controlled by two different people. I think a big reason for that is the sheer length of the posts here. I've had some very dialogue heavy fights here but all posts in those fights were only a paragraph or two as opposed to the average length of three pages. It might be just me but i've always felt like there was pressure on everyone to be long and verbose when in some situations a three line response is much better.

And as a last thing would anyone mind if I made a thread for a very dresdon files inspired new york?

Post by Fehafare (8,095 posts) See mini bio Level 13
Online Now

.@Lobos_Del_Rayo: Like the idea, you can count me in on that one.

As for a suggestion, i think it should start of as a really small verse and then let it expand with the character profiles of players and general RP in it, that would create a pretty interesting world with many concepts and different things. A wiki would also a good idea after a certain extent of time ofc.

@kashif1: I agree templates for characters would be good. What other templates would we need?

Also I agree with you about the dialouge issue personally I write long post because I can't help it. I love writing long desprictive stuff. I think a part of it also comes from nobody wants to put words in someone's else character mouth or move another character and that leaves you with a small post.

Also feel free to make New York into a thread I'm curious to see what it is like.

@Fehafare: Agreed starting small does make sense but I don't just want it to be me and the few people who come over from here. i want to get more people make the community diverse. I agreed a cool wiki would help but I may put a wiki like part on the site.

Post by Fehafare (8,095 posts) See mini bio Level 13
Online Now

@Lobos_Del_Rayo: I could call over a few people from different forums. I guess we would need some way to spread the work about it if we don't want it to be a small closed community.

@Fehafare: Well i just learned that it will take me at least till April to learn how to create the sign in part of the site. So we got some time I am just starting to throw around ideas for now.

Post by UsachanMaN (4,514 posts) See mini bio Level 15

@Lobos_Del_Rayo: this idea of yours sounds interesting. I dunno if I could join or not since real life is starting to get really busy for me. Gimme a shout though when you guys are officially putting things together; I may be able to join (no promises though D:)

@UsachanMaN: Cool I will defiantly keep you all up to date. I been getting better and better at this so I think i can make a good website. I have a few plans for the lay out. Hopefully the Vice gets a bit more healthy while I'm working on this.

@Lobos_Del_Rayo: Any ideas for a more structured combat system? Like say tier determines how many points you can dump into stats and spells, with some customization on their effects out side of range and damage (for example my bow and your guns would be treated simularly by the system when combat occurs under normal conditions, since we effectively have the same ability to deal damage it would cost us the same amount of points, however you'd have more points tied up in movement then me which means you can cover more distance per 'turn').

For a story system you could do something similar to what the dresden files rpg does, wherin characters have personality traits and qualities that dictate their actions.

Just a thought if you want something more structured then what we have here.

Post by Kuma_From_Argentina (6,556 posts) See mini bio Level 13

@Lobos_Del_Rayo: I can help with the world building

Post by UsachanMaN (4,514 posts) See mini bio Level 15

@Lobos_Del_Rayo: Coolio! I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with :)

@Kuma_From_Argentina: lol please do you are one of the best with that. I have some ideas but I would like some help.

@kashif1: I do want to keep the Tiers system and enforce it a little more make it a bit more vital. Here it's become a after thought; I wasn't really thinking about a battle system because I like the way this is (I felt like putting on points system etc. would limit characters.) it's more free and characters and writers have more flexibility instead of worrying about points. But it would help if we had some system in place I will need to think about the details.

The story system here is fine but again I think things like personality traits would be important because I seen times where characters act the exact opposite then what they believe.

I intend to make things more organized the canon stories will have their own section, non-canon stories for example alt universes or funny interactions between characters will have a section, all the characters bios will be gathered into one section, places, and battles will all have their section.

Also this is a long way off I have some thinking to do before I lay the ground work.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel