Welcome to Dai [OOC]

Topic started by Fehafare on Oct. 29, 2013. Last post by Shadowchaos 10 months, 3 weeks ago.
Post by Fehafare (9,433 posts) See mini bio Level 13
Online Now

Dai, a floating city of steel, an artificial island of technology located in the waters between Japan and China's shore. The city itself is a hive for wretched criminals of all kinds, from the small time pick pocket and mugger, all the way to international crime organizations. Despite the high crime rates the city is overcrowded with people and sometimes even their entire families. Most are there because of the same reason, well payed even if morally questionable jobs. Many of them live on the mainland, but still spend most of their lives there devoted to their jobs. As such every day many thousands of people enter and leave the city each hour.

But right now the situation is quiet different. The entire city is under lock-down. No one enters and no one leaves. The official statement is that there is a possible outbreak of a deadly virus within the city limits. Of course given the nature of the city most of it's inhabitants doubt the story, with good reasons behind it. Because it truly is so, the story behind lock-down is much more corrupted and enigmatic than that. The truth is that the city was locked down because a specific man. Ushitoro Daisuke. A man who has recently got his hands on a storage device with a large amount of data on it. What is the data? Plans for a super-weapon? Bank accounts? Starting codes for nuclear weapons? No one knows, not even Mr. Ushitoro himself. What he does know though, that there is an organization who wants said data. In fact they want it so much that they payed an enormous sum of money for the city to be locked-down. Just before it's borders were sealed, a group of mercenaries entered the city. Their target, the storage device and Ushitoro Daisuke.

A few hours before another group of people was invited to the city, a letter of invitation was sent to them. In it a ticket and promises of whatever they desire the most waiting for them

As each of them arrived they were giving a storage device identical to Ushitoro's to hold and were instructed to keep a good grip on it as they will need it.

It's content is nothing but junk data, but on the other hand, each and every one of them is trackable by the organization and the mercenaries. Serving as a protection for Ushitoro himself as well as a way of buying time.

And with that the city limits become the grounds for a deadly cat and mouse game.

Rules:

- Anyone can join, but if possible with less destructive characters.

- Whoever joins becomes one of the invited people.

- Losing your storage device on purpose is no allowed unless a plot event makes it possible.

- Both combat against NPCs and PCs is allowed.

- Teaming up is acceptable but should be avoided early on.

Post by SamJaz (12,838 posts) See mini bio Level 20

I will pledge four scouts and a Sergeant from the Knights of the Mile.

Online Now

@SamJaz: Hm, that would mean that all of them would have one fake storage device on them.

@Fehafare: That's fine. Scouts are Scouts.

Online Now

@SamJaz: All good then.

I assume the Sergeant won't be just a no-name?

Post by aephon (99 posts) See mini bio Level 10

This could be fun...I will try if i don't get caught up in other RP, but this sounds awesome

Post by Galenbeta (3,025 posts) See mini bio Level 12

@Fehafare: I am sending Jason the Firebreather here.

Post by Shadowchaos (2,804 posts) See mini bio Level 13

I will enter my least destructive character which is Seth.

@Fehafare: Nope. He will be awesome, as will the scouts.

@Galenbeta: LESS destructive characters.

Post by ChronoWolf (2,241 posts) See mini bio Level 12

Strange... It would seem that a certain murderous painter got an invitation to come to this town.

@Fehafare: when is this starting?

Online Now

@Shadowchaos: Soon.

Most likely today or tomorrow.

Post by othus12 (6,984 posts) See mini bio Level 13

@Fehafare: what are the recommended stats to enter this RP?

-durability?

-strenght?

-speed?

@Fehafare: alright but are our characters allowed to hack the device?

Online Now

@othus12: Doesn't really matter if the gap isn't TOO big. Even if your character is above the maximum in stats you can pretty much RP him at a weaker level, i did so with one of my characters Richter for SFF.

@Shadowchaos: You can, but as i said it's just junk data, nothing of value is on it. You have been told that it's useless to you now but that you will need it later on.

Online Now

@Galenbeta: Way too over the top.

@Fehafare: why can't i enter him i will make sure he doesn't blow the place up

Online Now

@Galenbeta: As i said small limit oversteps are ok... he is not small in that regard.

@Galenbeta: You're asking why the Millennium Falcon can't compete in the olympic bobsled race.

@Fehafare: come on you act like he's going to solo everyone at once

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel