Waking up to Ash and Dust - RP

Topic started by SamJaz on July 17, 2013. Last post by SamJaz 9 months, 4 weeks ago.
Post by SamJaz (11,198 posts) See mini bio Level 19

Somewhere in the universe-

"This planet used to have a name." Jardsam said to no one in particular. "It used to be teeming with life, people, business. But that all changed when the fire nation attacked."

He laughed to himself, shrugging as he turned on his heel, walking through the empty streets as he continued his monologue. "It was a genocide, and history has forgotten who ordered the slaughter, or even who the victims were. Just another one of those planets that were rounded off in an accountants little black book and forgotten about."

"I dug this little number from the back of my filing cabinet, blew off the dust that had accumulated over the centuries, and made a little visit to this forgotten decimal in the accounts of the universe." Jardsam said, making a turn to step into an empty shop. He walked across the skeleton of a long-extinct species and handled a metal can- the label long since worn off from the sand in the air. "Here I would fight an infant with the power to shatter planets." He told the corpses. "Youth and power, versus guile and experience."

Placing the can back onto the shelf, Jardsam placed his hands into his pockets and returned to the street.

"Let us see how this descends."

Post by Shadowchaos (2,803 posts) See mini bio Level 13

Stasis walked slowly through the streets his feet leaving no sound where they landed. He wasn't sure how he came to be at this place, but he wanted out as quick as possible. He was gonna hang out with Raven later so he had to figure a way out of here quick. He was decided to it was best to get a better look of the area so he hopped fifty feet into the air and looked around. He could see a figure down below him standing in the streets as if waiting for him. Nope nothing strange about some random guy standing among a bunch of rubble. Yep nothing strange. No reason to check that out for a reason why he was here. He was about to move to another area when he started falling towards the area of the random dude. He landed infront of Jarsdam gently with his feet touching the ground like a feather. He looked at the person with a friendly look. "Hi any idea why I am here? Not that its not a wonderful place." He moved his long dark hair that he decided to keep after using the Shadow Angel mode out of his eyes then grabbed his sword which was on his back which was covered in heavy magical sealed wraps, but was still giving off a golden glow from underneath the wraps. He tossed it to the side then gave a wide grin to Jardsam

@Shadowchaos:

Jardsam turned to face the angel as he adjusted his suit jacket. "Stasis, the angel of balance, I presume?" Jardsam asked, noticing the sword and the smile the angel was bearing. "I go by Jardsam, but your kind may know me better as Fell. I can't guarantee they still do, since I've probably been mixed in with a few other cautionary monsters from the stories you were told as a child, but that's neither here nor there."

Jardsam straightened his tie, then reached into his pocket and withdrew a cue card. "I brought you here so I could taunt you." He explained, reaching into his breast pocket and withdrawing a pair of glasses. "Let's see here..." he muttered as he put them on, making an awkward look of concentration as he read the words on the card.

"I enjoy slapping Bellus in the face and pushing salmon up her bottom?" Jardsam read, removing his glasses and holding the card up to the light. "Who writes this crap?"

@SamJaz: Stasis just kept smiling even after the insult to his girlfriend. "Oh yeah the sword don't worry about it. I can't really control its power yet even though I've had it for a year," Stasis said without letting the happiness coming off him vanish. "I was raised human so I'm not really familiar with any stories however I know one thing if you wanted to fight all you had to do was say so," he said,however as soon as he finished saying it his eyes narrowed and the happy aura vanished. He rushed forward with his fist ready, but his speed was off he was going much slower then he usually did. He was going at a pace a normal human could keep up with. This in fact however was a after image he had created by using intense speed. From all directions came more after images numbering in a to total of ten. The real Stasis was on a building with his hand pointed at Jardsam charging up a energy beam to snipe him.

@Shadowchaos:

Jardsam smiled, following Stasis' movements up to the rooftops.

He too was raised human, and only perfect memory allowed him to remember what happened all those eons ago.

But Jardsam was not human. He could not see through his eyes. He registered every single particle of light in the universe, every vibration of sound, though he was limited to his sphere of influence, roughly the the circumference of the planet, in his ability to interpret the moving energy as information.

Since he could interpret the changes in light, he knew where Stasis was, looking straight at him to not give this advantage away.

Let the boy think he was just incredibly fast.

Jardsam pointed his Pencil, a little metal wand that shone in the light as he rewrote the laws of physics. Energy curves when accelerated beyond a certain point- energy equal or greater than that of a weaponised beam that Stasis was about to launch would curve back and land in his own face.

But let him think that he used shields.

He added and amendment to the altered law- curved energy will cause an aurora- as if it was bouncing off a barrier that rippled upon impact.

@SamJaz: Stasis launched the beam and was caught off guard as it came back at him. He was stuck in the launching position and was unable to block the attack so all that he could do was take it head on. The blast colided with him and he was launched several miles by the beam. He pulled himself out of a collapsed building and glared at the area he just game from. His shirt was half gone and there was a thin trail of blood going down his mouth, but mostly he was unharmed. He was glad he had decided to start with a weak blast first. "Not bad I might have to actually try in this one," he said to himself before he took off at hypersonic speed back to the area he was fighting at. He stopped by his sword and checked the seals on it to make sure they were still holding alright. "He got down into a defensive fighting stance and motioned for his opponent to make the next move.

@Shadowchaos:

Jardsam stepped forward, raising the Pencil in his right hand in order to lift a pillar of lightning from underneath Stasis' feet, a trail from the air Jardsam caused to collide against each other,heated by the sun and cooled by the shade.

After the pillar was raised, Jardsam would extend his left hand and step to the right, drawing the Pencil across his arm as if he was playing a violin, which would cause more friction amongst the air particles, this time a diagonal burst of lightning to cross Stasis, and he'd finish by lifting his hands above his head and stepping forward, swinging the Pencil down with both hands like he was swinging a claymore, which would cause the carbon in the stones below to ignite, launching shrapnel vertically throughout the streets.

The exaggerated movements were to throw Stasis off, creating the impression that Jardsam was, like many other entities of power, causing these destructive effects through sheer force and not through a perversion of the laws of physics.

@SamJaz: Stasis jumped just in time for the first attack and he just dodged the second. However he didn't have time to dodge the third attack so he had to settle for throwing his arms up in defense and taking the blow head on. He lowered his arms and smirked. "Not bad also I've deduced the source of your power. It seems my training with Raven has helped out in making me smarter," he said cockily. His eyes and hair turned dark crimson red. "Now then how about we kick this up a couple of notches," he said in a cold and battle ready voice. He disappeared and reappeared behind Jardsam with his feet not even making a sound as they touched the ground. He struck his hand forward at light speed and launched a blast of energy aimed at the object Jardsam was holding. He then vanished again and reapeared on a building crouched down with his hand held like a gun pointed at Jardsam in preparation.

@Shadowchaos:

Jardsam turned around as energy bent back onto Stasis, aurora flashing at the source of the but Stasis dodged his own attack and was now aiming a gun at Jardsam.

The laws of physics had not been revoked, nor had they changed since the last time Jardsam did something.

"Never bring a gun to a knife fight." Jardsam said, reaching into his jacket and withdrawing a Heavy Bolter. "That just invites your opponent to go nuclear."

He held the massive, anti-tank weapon, toting it in one hand and aiming it carefully, twisting his other hand to slow the light surrounding him, causing refraction. To Stasis, it would seem that the Heavy Bolter was aimed at his forehead, when in actual fact he was aiming the corner of the rooftop Stasis was stood on. The effect was like looking at a fish under water- As the light was slowed, the wavelength was shortened, crating objects to look closer than they actually were.

The moment Stasis pulled the trigger, the building he was stood on would explode into shrapnel.

@SamJaz: Stasis smirked before he disappeared again. This person used some kind of magic or a form of science to fight and deflect his his blasts. So his best bet would probably be to go and stick with physical fighting. He reappeared above Jardsam and fired the blast in a thin red beam before disappearing again and reappearing below Jardsam crouched on the ground attempting to launch a spring kick into his chin. He was also at the same time beginning to mumble a chant that would release the seal on his sword for a emergency scenario.

@Shadowchaos:

The energy beam, like the others, bent and was redirected back at Stasis who warped and kicked Jardsam in the chin. There was a slight lag between the impact and Jardsam's reaction, a quarter-second between the foot connecting and Jardsam getting knocked into the air, dropping the massive weapon onto Stasis, but Jardsam landed on his feet and staggered back, recovering in time to kick dirt into Stasis' face and reach out to grab the upside-down Stasis' legs and drive his knee into the angel's gut.

@SamJaz: Stasis groaned as the weapon fell on him and he had just enough time to close his eyes to protect them from the dirt. He was unable to to react in time to being lifted up into the air and such he was kneed hard in the the gut and it caused him to spit out blood at Jardsam. He released a energy barrier from his body in a attempt to throw his opponent off guard. he then broke free and back flipped back to a safe distance. He was about to attack again when suddenly his hair turned from red to back to black., And his eyes followed suit turning from red to dark blue. He looked over himself confused by his sudden destransformation before he just shrugged it off and stood straight up. He figured now he might as well kick it up a notch. He ripped off what was left of his shirt and let it fly off into the wind. Suddenly a huge aura of evil filled the planet one strong enough to even cripple the most bravest of men. His skin gained a slight grey tint and a pair of black angel wings sprouted from his back. This was his perfected shadow angel mode his strongest mode. One that could put terror in the heart of gods. He vanished from view and reappeared behind Jardsam facing backwards of him. He smirked slightly and shoved his elbow towards his Jardsam's back The attack also had a shock wave behind it that is powerful enough should it miss to level every single building 3 miles down.

@Shadowchaos:

Watching the transformation through the back of his head, Jardsam lowered his head and rolled under the attack, then watched as the shockwave tore a scar through the ruined city.

"I talked with Elias before coming here, he said you put up a good fight." Jardsam commented, stepping back through the fog of evil energy as he placed a small stone into his left hand. "He did have one criticism that stood out to me, and I have to agree with him."

Jardsam lunged forward, swinging his fist as he used his Pencil to increase the mass of the stone to the point where a single gram further would cause it to collapse in on itself, tearing the planet apart. Tight within Jardsam's fist, however, it did little to affect the outside world, only to increase the speed and power of the punch to a level that would shatter any solidified mass upon impact.

He expected to miss, and he intended to, as the purpose of this demonstration was to show how great power could be wielded while avoiding Stasis's shortcoming.

"You're clumsy." Jardsam said, as the force failed to explode beyond his fist. "You don't know how to transfer the kinetic energy from you to your opponent without wastefully expelling the excess. Like an old pick-up truck that gets three miles to the gallon."

"No," Jardsam corrected himself, reverting the stone to its initial mass. "You're a muscle car. All this power but so much of your fuel is being spent on heat, noise, and fumes coming out the back. You need to be more efficient with yourself."

@SamJaz: Stasis didn't act like he understood or even heard what he was saying. He dodged the attack and just stood there. He lifted his hand up into the air and shot hundreds of energy blasts that surrounded Jardsam. "Its not that I can't control it no the simple fact is that for I get better results with bigger moves like this," he said as he clenched his fist and all the blasts rushed at Jardsam. He then did a sweeping kick at nothing that sent a shock wave forward. He then vanished again and reappeared next to his sword with the final seal now broken. He bent down and picked it up feeling the tingling feeling of its power feeling him with a warmth he had not felt since Raven had destroyed his first sword. He unsheathed the sword and looked at his reflection in the blade. His transformation vanished as soon as got the sword in a good position to fight with. He wondered why that was but he figured it just canceled out the evil energy of his form and caused him to go back to his normal form. He gave a quick smirked then charged forward with the sword to engage this opponent in a sword fight that he would never forget.

@Shadowchaos:

Jardsam took the blows, paralysed before being launched back. He landed on his feet to see Stasis prepare his sword. Jardsam reached behind himself, withdrawing a sword and an axe out of his jacket. Both weapons were made of an alloy not existing in this universe, forged in the heart of a dying white dwarf star. He himself is the only being capable of smithing it and surviving, especially since their universe of origin has long since collapsed and been reborn a thousand times over.

These weapons would not break. Now would they dull or be pushed back by a lesser metal.

Jardsam charged swinging his sword against Stasis' blade- a technique called Luna that slashed upwards, but was intended to guide the opponents weapon into a parry, creating an opening for the next attack.

The next attack was an axe swing, perfectly timed, aimed for the opposite shoulder. The technique, Sol, would disable the arm, hold the opponent in place, and feed the user on the victim's lost health energies, but that aspect of the skill had long since been abandoned by Jardsam, as he just didn't need their life energy.

Once Stasis was disabled, Jardsam would launch his next technique, Astra, where, while holding Stasis still with the axe, Jardsam would stab the sword into the angel's torso furiously and repeatedly, and would continue as long as he had to or was able to.

@SamJaz: Stasis blocked the first and just as the axe was about to hit him a force field appeared out of nowhere to protect him. "7th Heaven," he said quietly as the shield vanished. He then pointed his sword at Jardsam and released a tunnel of wind that was designed to suck the oxygen out of the area. He then finished with summoning a giant meteor from the sky at him. "Make me angry, make me want to kill you," he said swishing the sword around playfully. This was his chance to throw his opponent on the edge and get him to become unfocused. This was the basis of his fighting style and it had yet to fail to date and it helped to lighten the mood of some battles.

@Shadowchaos:

Jardsam noticed the oxygen leave the area via a wind tunnel as Stasis brought the point of his sword against Jardsam's chest, his combo broken. "Make me angry, make me want to kill you." The angel taunted as he swung his sword about, very close to Jardsam.

The Pencill-Pusher smiled, tilting his head as he pushed his sword into his axe, showing that the handle of the axe was also a scabbard for his sword, and then placed the weapons back into his jacket with his left hand, his right reaching into his breast pocket and withdrawing a box of matches. He opened it, withdrew a small wooden match, and struck the end of it against the sand-paper, igniting the tip.

Placing the box back into his jacket, Jardsam held the tiny flame in the vacuum between Jardsam and Stasis. "Think about it." The accountant taunted, holding the match for a few more seconds before dropping it to the ground. It flew ever so slightly faster than it normally would, due to the lack of air resistance. "Then ask yourself another question.'

"How can you hear me," Jardsam said, turning his back and glancing up at the sky as the meteor began to approach. "When we're in a vacuum?"

@SamJaz: Stasis glared at the man in front of him even though his powers finally made sense to him after what he just did. He still needed to do a few more tests before he launched his real plan. Odd that didn't sound like him at all maybe the legend was true about the sword and there were other souls in the swords. He cancelled the vortex then aimed his sword carefully at Jardsam's heart. "Zeus..." he said and a blast of lightning shot from the tip of his sword and shot with precision accuracy at Jardsam's heart. He then jumped out of the way as the meteor he had summoned came hurtling towards the ground intent to destroy all in its path. "careful don't get worn out," a male voice said in his head that echoed in his head. Score one for weirdness was the first thing that came to his mind as he flipped around intent to not stay still to be targeted.

@Shadowchaos:

Jardsam was paralysed for a split second as the electricity blasted through his body, but he recovered without so much as a singe on his suit.

He didn't have a heart, or even blood. Inside his skin was oblivion, and the suit was as much of him as his hair. All part of the form he chose to take.

Jardsam looked at the meteor and, swinging his pencil like a magic wand, drew a large 'Q' on the surface. The Meteor was pulled out of the atmosphere like a fish on a hook, and was pulled into a nearby planet, quickly becoming another moon.

This was Jardsam's initial ability. By marking two objects with the same mark, Jardsam can make the orbit each other, perhaps indefinitely. The Lonely Beast had taken the precaution of carving the symbol into one of that planet's continents the week before, using a controlled forest fire the size of Germany.

Jardsam bent over and ran along the street, keeping an eye on Stasis and examining his sword, seeking out any symbols or patterns along the weapon as he drew a magnum from his pockets of infinity and opened fire.

@SamJaz: Stasis widened his eyes in surprise as the bullets came at him. Though almost as if on instinct he swung his sword and a force field appeared in front of him to block the bullets. He jumped over the sword with his sword ready then swung the blade rapidly shooting hundreds of crescent shaped energy blast. They had a silvery color to them and they had a entirely different feel to them as if they could cut through all types of magical defense. "Come on make me angry!" he yelled as he countinued his barrage.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel