Vice Tier Listing Thread

Topic started by willyvereb on May 14, 2011. Last post by Shadowchaos 9 months, 2 weeks ago.
Post by willyvereb (5,914 posts) See mini bio Level 17

Alright, thanks to cfatalis we have the new ruleset for the Reboot. That includes a strict tiering system in attempt to prevent any abuse of characters with higher power. Your character tier will determine which roleplaying threads you can and can't enter. It also helps to judge which chars you better not cross or ill-advised to fight a VS. Perhaps the later isn't always true, see the Plot Plus rule.

To enforce the tiers and make it much more easier to follow, we must have a separate thread to list each character and their relative tier. Since your character can change, so their powers which means this tier listing is going to be constantly updated. So without any further ado let's see the list:

The Minus-

These are for characters who are clearly deranged, their power knows no bounds, their weakness no limits.In a nutshell, nutters with crazy, irrational powers. The powers make no scientific sense and are linked with the user's mind- the more deranged the user, the greater the damage.

Characters:

• Taylor

Tier 0 - Your average human

The tier which is must likely going to be empty. Your character is a simple regular human without any abilities to note. If he's a soldier, he would be a regular mook. If he's martial artists, he probably doesn't even have a black belt. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Characters:

Tier 1 - Peak Human

Your character has skills and abilities bordering the realm of superhuman. You have excellent reflexes, strength and or terrible amount of skills. But of course you have no super abilities to note. Even your gadgets won't be anything horrendously powerful.

Characters:

Tier 2 - Powered Human:

Your character possess a special ability. It can be anything not too overpowered like some telekinesis or transformation abilities. The general rule is that while this kind of character has powers, in some aspect he's physically still human.

Characters:

Tier 3 - Superhuman:

Your character is obviously beyond the scope of human abilities. He can lift dozens of tons with ease, pass the sound barrier and can casually destroy one or multiple buildings at once. If Tier 1 is for super elites and Tier 2 for super soldiers then Tier 3 is the equivalent for super tank/jet fighter hybrids. These kind of characters are usually more deadly than any conventional weapon of the modern world.

Characters:

Tier 4 - One Man Army

Pretty self-explanatory. Such characters wield enough firepower to wage an entire war by themselves. At minimum they give the US army serious headaches while at maximum able to defeat the entire military force of Earth.

Characters:

Tier 5 - Person of Mass Destruction

Another obvious title. These characters are technically like walking atomic bombs. They can easily ruin cities and tank multiple nukes dropped on them. They are utterly unstoppable by anything other than someone on their own league. Consider them the Vice equivalent of Godzilla.

Characters:

Tier 6 - National Catastrophe

If you thought that Godzilla was terror, that opinion needs quick reconsideration. Beware, Your countries are no longer safe! Characters at this tier can make the land of the whole nation evaporate. It can be a casual act or through serious effort. Sometimes they don't even have the required destructive power, but their abilities are too strong to be considered anything bellow this rank. Whatever it is, the days of the human race are numbered.

Characters:

Tier 7 - Doomsday Machine

What's greater than a country? The most obvious answer: multiple countries! Monsters at this tier can destroy multiple countries with ease or destroy an entire continent. Technically they can easily wipe all life from Earth in less than a second. Humanity is royally screwed.

Characters:

Tier 8 - Planetary

Do you really need an explanation? Beings at such tier are at least minor cosmics. They can at least casually destroy the planet's surface or at worse they are able to outright destroy one or more planets. They're just like the Death Star...but usually much smaller. Faster than light speeds are often part of their repertoire of powers, although not a necessity.

Characters:

• Empty

Tier 9 - Stellar

Ever heard of supernova? These characters are like the representation of them. They can destroy stars or annihilate the stellar systems. You thought the Earth was enough? You were wrong! One bad move and these guys can just make our Solar System go poof! For them, the Milky Way Galaxy is just a playground that they readily abuse with their ridiculous FTL speed.

Characters:

Tier 10 - Galactic Overlord

The Milky Way Galaxy is really small. At least by the scope of these monsters. Galactic overlords range from being able to destroy a fine portion of the Galaxy to just casually devastating multiple galactic systems at once. For them, distance has no meaning since they are capable of appearing anywhere in the universe. Scary, huh?

Characters:

• Empty

Tier 11 - Man Above the Universe

The Universe is screwed. Such characters are able to seriously shake or even outright destroy all creation. Insane reality warping powers are almost always required. Things like tactics, speed and destructive ability are really just a joke against any of these. Consider yourself lucky to survive any encounters with this tier.

Characters:

Tier 12 - God am I?

Anything above all the other tiers. Things like controlling multiple universes and erasing entire worlds from existence are just plain weak compared to these. Some of them close to being omnipotent and by RP purposes...they really are. Are you seriously want to be like this?

Characters:

• Empty (and hopefully remains that way)
Suggestions and nominations for each tier are open.
You are free to nominate your or someone else's character. Also feel free to debate if you don't agree with the tiering of a certain character.
Post by Fury (221 posts) See mini bio Level 8
@willyvereb: reboot nerx seems like a 6 at best or a five
Post by cfatalis (19,150 posts) See mini bio Level 15
@willyvereb said:
Suggestions and nominations for each tier are open.You are free to nominate your or someone else's character. Also feel free to debate if you don't agree with the tiering of a certain character.
are we going by my tiers or yours? I don't mind either way since theres is some clash in the tiering
Post by Sonata (35,402 posts) See mini bio Level 20

Tier you guys agree I will place in the Official Vice Guide Thread.

In this system Sonata is a High 4 at max.

Post by Pepper (2,496 posts) See mini bio Level 11
wow, you're trying to tell me that over here, people cant handle having open rpgs and that we must be grouped within a tier and then restricted to fighting certain tiered people?!  how pissy
@Pepper said:
wow, you're trying to tell me that over here, people cant handle having open rpgs and that we must be grouped within a tier and then restricted to fighting certain tiered people?!  how pissy
Dear pepper.... we tried, however we failed, the result is mass of bitching and people creating powerlists as bios.you are not in anyway restricted, you can put free in your RPG thread, you can do VS with anyone you please, you just have to know what you are doing. This system is to quell the bitching many people have get ,nobody seems to think they are UNDERPOWERED, nor that they are playing at a much higher setting and doesn't prepare an appropriate campaign, This system let us coexist at times with them, well not every time, but at times.
Post by Sonata (35,402 posts) See mini bio Level 20

@Pepper: I hate to say it, but yes. There were a small number of characters around that were too powerful. Some of the reasonably powerful characters were getting beaten within an inch of their lives. Only the no killing RP character rules was keeping them alive. AV has very few veteran's, that RP properly with any level character, and make it enjoyable for all, but there are still some who are new and really cant handle the power and utterly abused it.

Post by Bigheart711 (3,931 posts) See mini bio Level 21
Bladering happens to be a lower Tier 4 because he has an array of powerful magic despite his inexperience in battle. Yeah, I haven't rebooted my character yet, but it has worked for me so far.
@Bigheart711 said:
Bladering happens to be a lower Tier 4 because he has an array of powerful magic despite his inexperience in battle. Yeah, I haven't rebooted my character yet, but it has worked for me so far.
Bladering, you don't have to reboot your RPG character id you don't want to
They just start over in terms of memories or knowledge gained during vice
Post by Newdeath (18,555 posts) See mini bio Level 19
@Pepper: Well I have a suggestion that you may like better than the Vice Tier System that will allow for open RPGs without restrictions. 
In fact I think of it as a replacement for the Vice Tier System in case it doesn't work out too well.

ND
@Newdeath said:
@Pepper: Well I have a suggestion that you may like better than the Vice Tier System that will allow for open RPGs without restrictions. 
In fact I think of it as a replacement for the Vice Tier System in case it doesn't work out too well.

ND
the current one also allows open RPG, you just have to enter free
VS thread isn't bound the restriction too
Post by Newdeath (18,555 posts) See mini bio Level 19
@cfatalis: Yeah but I get what Pepper's trying to say. 
I'm just saying that in case not everyone turns out to be happy with this new system, I have one that can keep people from creating overpowered characters, allow for open RPGs with even more freedom than this one. That's all.

ND
@Sonata: Your character is high Tier 3, probably.
@Fury: O_0 I doubt Nerx can one-shot countries. He's probably 4, even with his wolves.
@Newdeath
So...What tier is ND at?
Anyways, I would be interested in your suggestion for alternative.
Post by TenzaiShion (55 posts) See mini bio Level 7
My Characters tier level would be atleast a 2, or maybe a 3 at the highest. Since I'm  planning to make my character stronger. ^^
Post by Raseri (2,534 posts) See mini bio Level 12
@willyvereb: With his armor ND is at Tier 5. Without it he is at Tier 2. Raseri is also Tier 5.
Post by Fury (221 posts) See mini bio Level 8
@willyvereb: four it is then 
Post by TenzaiShion (55 posts) See mini bio Level 7
@Raseri: You want to have a meeting between Raseri and Tenzai? :)
Post by Raseri (2,534 posts) See mini bio Level 12
@TenzaiShion: Sure why not.
@Raseri: Yes, ND with his connections, armies, super-technology and hax armor should be somewhere at Tier 5.
@Fury
Ok, I'll put you up alongside ND
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel