Vice Reboot: Explanation

Topic started by Newdeath on May 17, 2011. Last post by this_is_riddle 2 years, 6 months ago.
Post by Newdeath (18,555 posts) See mini bio Level 19

The Vice Reboot:

The Vice Reboot has officially begun. Veteran RPGers on this website know fully well what the reboot is. But because there will always be newcomers, there must be a thread explaining what the Vice Reboot is and why it has taken place: 

What is the Vice Reboot?

This is basically resetting/restarting the entire Vice Universe. Characters that existed in the previous Vice Universe don't have to actually change, but they cannot have any memory whatsoever of the previous universe. Basically, to every RPG character, the previous Vice Universe never existed. However, erasing your character's memory of everything in the previous Vice Universe isn't the only option. You also get the choice of creating an entirely new RPG character to fit the new Vice Universe better than your previous character did. Or you can keep your character from the previous Vice Universe and make a few changes to them. It is recommended in the new Vice Universe that you keep your character from being too powerful, its not forbidden but its highly discouraged. And if you do decide to create an overpowered character, be sure that the character has substance and a good personality, but most importantly, know how to play an overpowered character. Otherwise don't bother at all. Basically only very good RPGers who can actually write an exceptional story and create an interesting character are not strongly questioned if they decide to create an overpowered character. Don't create an overpowered character just to be the strongest (Your character must have a personality), RPG'ing is about storytelling not wailing on others with your absolute might. 

Why did it happen?

Because there was an overflow of overpowered characters with either stupid or no personalities or substance, many users gradually began to complain about how they invade the RPG World and could easily step on the less powerful characters (usually street-levelers). Eventually many users got fed up with this and began to complain. And though there were some good and well played characters that were overpowered, the majority were though were really bad. So eventually with the approval of the other RPGers, some of us veteran RPGers decided to restart the entire Vice Universe in order to get rid of the useless overpowered characters and let the users start with a new character less powerful and better in terms of personality and such, a new fresh beginning. Or many could just have their characters retconned and make them less powerful to fit into the new system of RPGing. But the reboot didn't happen solely to fix the problem with overpowered RPG characters, but also to fix the inconsistencies with the history of the previous Vice Universe, so the new Vice Universe has a good and flawless beginning and history. 

Vice Reboot Threads:

The following threads will help explain some areas of the Vice Reboot to newcomers and also to those who don't understand some of it. 

The Vice Reboot Thread which explains the new RPG'ing system: Vice Reboot Rules
This thread will explain all of the rules and details of the new rebooted Vice Universe, such as ways to keep people from enjoying RPGs without worrying about overpowered characters and more.

The Vice Tier Listing Thread (A list of the power levels of the RPG Characters): Vice Tier Listing Thread
The Vice Tier Listing Thread allows you to tell us what your character's power level is, and if you're unsure you can ask for help on the thread, and your fellow RPGers will give you a hand deciding on your Tier. But if you want a veteran RPGer to decide your Tier level for you then you can go ahead and PM Me (Newdeath), cfatalis, Willyvereb, Sonata, or Mesamia to give you a Tier level. This thread will let you know how powerful the RPG Characters are, and whenever you feel like upgrading your character's power level, do it but then go to the thread (Vice Tier Listing Thread) and tell us what you're new Tier level is or you can ask us to choose one for you.

ND
Post by Sonata (35,308 posts) See mini bio Level 20

@Newdeath: Nicely done made it a sticky.

Post by Raseri (2,534 posts) See mini bio Level 12
@Sonata: Thanks :)
Post by Kuma_From_Argentina (6,694 posts) See mini bio Level 13
Cool, so now I will proceed to start posting with Callis...
Post by haseo_yashimora (5,507 posts) See mini bio Level 14

f*ck it im going to give this a go again ^^

@haseo_yashimora: Did Sonata give you the clear to RP again?

ND

Post by Justice (764 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@haseo_yashimora: @Newdeath: Been a while since I've seen Haseo here O.O

@Justice: He's been off the grid for a while.

ND

Post by Boxer_Joe (305 posts) See mini bio Level 10

@Newdeath: Does Sonata still RP around here, I miss that guy :p

Post by Raseri (2,534 posts) See mini bio Level 12

@Boxer_Joe: Of course :P he's usually on as Zella. But what about you? We haven't heard from you in a while :P

Post by Zella_Thorn (735 posts) See mini bio Level 11
@Boxer_Joe: Yeah I'm still here, just not on here as much right now because of the holidays.

@Zella_Thorn: You better be on more as Zella because I plan on retiring as a villain after the "All Hell Breaks Loose" RPG :P

ND

@Newdeath: LOL really, Sure I will. I still have plans my self in the new year:)
Post by Lobos_Del_Rayo (2,835 posts) See mini bio Level 12

@Newdeath said:

@Zella_Thorn: You better be on more as Zella because I plan on retiring as a villain after the "All Hell Breaks Loose" RPG :P

ND

O_O sorry can you repeat that I had crazy stuck in my ear did you say retire as a villain?

@Zella_Thorn: Yeah :P it'll be awesome seeing Zella take over XD

@Lobos_Del_Rayo: That crazy thing is right! :P I plan on retiring as a villain. I'll be playing heroes more.

ND

@Newdeath: So wait does that mean Newdeath himself is leaving and we wont see him for a while and you will be playing as characters like Paradox, Guerra, Raseri, etc. or is ND turning into a hero after this and yoiu will be playing as heroic ND? Omg the Vice world is going to get turned upside down. I should just make Crow a villain at this point XD

@Lobos_Del_Rayo: LMFAO maybe he'll be a hero or maybe he won't :P you'll just have to wait and see XD

ND

@Lobos_Del_Rayo: I cant even imagine Newdeath in blue. Thats like  the US Soccer team winning 10 straight World CupsXD 

@Zella_Thorn: If ND goes good Crow will spend an entire night (12 hours) will Zella XD

Post by Asune (1,191 posts) See mini bio Level 12

C'mon after reading the All Hell Breaks Loose, I can say that whatever happens with ND, will be something unpredictable for all of us

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel