Vice Mecha Heroes RPG - Sign-Up and OOC Discussion

Topic started by willyvereb on Sept. 1, 2013. Last post by SamJaz 11 months, 3 weeks ago.
Post by willyvereb (5,914 posts) See mini bio Level 17

Vice Mecha Heroes

Tired of ninjas and death gods?

Bored of fancy guns and swords?

Then try the GIANT FREAKIN' ROBOTS!

Vice Mecha Heroes (VMH) is an attempt to insert the feeling of the Super Robot Wars franchise into the forum RPG format.

Create your own mecha.

Partake on missions.

Brawl and explore!

Save the world!

VMH sports an open, malleable and freely expandable plot. In essence this is like a miniature version of the general Vice RPG, obviously inspired by mecha classics like Gundam, Getter Robo and the like.

If you are enthusiastic about mechs and/or like a good action-packed story, this RPG is definitely for you!

And now a bit about the specifics. How's the game mechanic, you ask?

VMH is split into two game phases:

• Missions (think of story RP threads, albeit with briefing and a few known objectives)
  • Free Interaction (as an intermission phase for more leisure talk and mingling, think of Jewel's Sake Bar&Grill)

After each mission players also get a chance to upgrade their mech. These upgrades would be far more than just adding a few more stat points.

Your mech can have new weapons, improved tech, extra features, anything!

Albeit obviously within sane limitations. (And preferably backed up by in-story explanation)

You also have the choice to "save" on these upgrades, storing up imaginary "points" for even better upgrades in the future.

Exchanging your old mecha to a different one is also considered "upgrade".

And there are is also the option for a "secret upgrade", something you'd only reveal in the mission. (Otherwise every upgrade is publicly known).

If your character just discovers a hidden feature for your mech, that also counts as a "secret upgrade".

This system exist to give the highest freedom for players without turning it into a chaotic mess.

All of these to enhance the roleplaying experience!

List of Players:

• ChronoWolf
  • Galenbeta
  • Fehafare
  • Kuro_san (Batsu)
  • SamJaz
  • willyvereb

So what are you waiting for?

Oh, how forgetful of me.

You still don't know how.

Here's a guide/schematic for the player profiles:

(start with an image of your character's appearance, not obligatory but it generally helps to enhance your post)

Name: (your character's name)
Race: (you can ignore this if your character is human)
Height: (Your character's height. You can express it in either feet/inch or centimeters format. I don't mind either.)
Weight: (Your character's weight. Either in kilograms or lbs)
Rank/Title: (Your character's status in the military or other special titles he/she might be known as)
Special: (anything else worth noting, be very brief and categorical)

(You can add a few more other information you want but generally these are the minimum.)

Appearance:
(You can describe how your character looks. Ignore this if the picture on the top was more than enough)

Bio:
(Write a short introduction about your character. Who is he/she? Where did he/she come from? How did he/she became a mech pilot? What he/she can do? How skilled he/she is? What are his/her motivations? Etcetera,etcetera...)

Personality:
(Describe your character's personality. What he or she's like?)

(Following that we can get to the next part, creating a profile for your mech.)

(image for your giant robot goes here, not obligatory but helpful)

Name: (how's your mecha called? With model/serial numbers and everything)
Type: (What is it categorized as? Ie: Mobile Suit, Orbital Frame, etc. Is it a Real or Super Robo?)
Dimensions: (How big is your machine? If it's a humanoid robot then you only have to mention its height in meters)
Weight: (How heavy is your machine? Preferably expressed in metric tons)

(If you want you can include other stats like armor material, powerplant, propulsion systems and such. Whatever you find important enough to list here.)

Stats: (The 7 parameters showing the power of your machine.They range from 1 to 100 but the differences aren't linear. For further details, see below)

• Strength: (Your machine's strength. How hard its punches and kicks? How much weight it lifts?)
  • Structure: (How tough is your machine? Mechs with high armor can easily withstand even the most powerful attacks.)
  • Firepower: (How much destruction you can deal? Applies to guns, missiles, energy cannons and any other ranged means to attack)
  • Performance: (How fast is your machine? High-performance mechs are so fast the enemy has problems to target them)
  • Mobility: (Determines how easy your machine performs turns and generally how agile it is)
  • Energy Output: (How much power can your machine generate? Generally it shows that for how long can your machine last in combat.)
  • Sensors: (Radar and other sensing/detecting stuff. Allows the detection of stealth/cloaked units. Also if your machine has auto-targeting systems your sensors determine their effectiveness.)

Description:
(Describe your machine, including its appearance, development and special features)

Weapons:
(What kind of weapons your machine possesses? If it has hidden weapons that you either want to keep secret or your character has yet to become aware of them, then they're an exception. We'll treat those kind of weapons as "upgrades" in the future.)

Abilities:
(What sort of special abilities your mecha has? It can be anything from a temporally speed boost to a whole transformation sequence that changes your machine completely. This includes exotic skills or abilities that your character has while piloting his/her mecha.)

Signature Moves:
(Mostly the property of Super Robots. What kind of character defining attack you have? It can be a flashy finishing move or a combination of various attacks. If your mecha has energy attacks that aren't connected to any weapons, they belong either here or to the "Abilities" section.)

And now let's talk about stats.

As you can see there's 7 of them and they go from 1 to 100.

The difference between each stat is also kinda exponential.

So if Mecha A has the "performance" stat of 10 while Mecha B has 50.

Mecha B isn't just 5 times faster than A. Try maybe a hundred.

But oh well, this isn't a professional battle simulator but a forum RP.

So the lines aren't clearly drawn.

The stats are overall abstract and exist to easily tell who's the "better" in each field.

Even if the enemy has 30 points of "structure" (armor) and your "firepower" is just 20, you can harm the opponent, albeit only via considerable effort.

In short you can overcome the difference in stats by smarts and good writing.

And bigger the difference the harder you'd need to try.

Albeit be careful to not break the suspension of disbelief.

Anyways, since this being the beginning of the game, keep the stats low.

Unless your machine is very specialized, don't raise any of the stats above 20 or maybe 30. Overall point distribution should be between 100 to 200.

Super Robots are a slight subversion to this rule but I advise them to also remain lowish, still.

Like I said through the RP you're going to have a lot of chance to "upgrade" your mech.

And that can only be done if there's a reasonable room for improvement.

Post by Fehafare (9,395 posts) See mini bio Level 13

@willyvereb:

Totally happy i asked you.

While i still need time to figure everything out as far as my character and Mech go, you can count on me on this one either way.

Btw Willy, would it be ok for me to use an already existing character of mine? Ofc i wouldn't use any of his powers (not that he even has any that can be used while inside a mech).

@Fehafare said:

@willyvereb:

Totally happy i asked you.

While i still need time to figure everything out as far as my character and Mech go, you can count on me on this one either way.

Btw Willy, would it be ok for me to use an already existing character of mine? Ofc i wouldn't use any of his powers (not that he even has any that can be used while inside a mech).

Sure, why not?

Characters can also have superpowers to a degree. Albeit said powers shouldn't overshadow the mech's capability. Also keep in mind that probably 90% of the characters will lack such abilities. So whatever powers you have those shouldn't be too strong.

And speaking of OCs, while I certainly don't mind homages to fictions, I would prefer that if every character/mech pair will be original.

As in there won't be any Amuro Ray, Kira Yamato, Ryoma Nagare, Kamina or any such clones. Being lookalikes or having similar characteristics is fine. But try to spice it up with some content of your own.

Post by Fehafare (9,395 posts) See mini bio Level 13

@willyvereb: His powers are really just his stats. A street level brawler.

And he's also far away from anything even remotely close to a mecha series character.

Here's a link:

Ace Badguy

One of my lazy done and not even fully completed characters. I'll get to filling all those blanks one day.

@Fehafare: Well, then there's even less problem with it.

And then I guess you plan to make him pilot a Super Robo, right?

Post by SamJaz (12,796 posts) See mini bio Level 20

@willyvereb:

DUDE! MADE MY DAY!

Will most likely take part in this.

Post by ChronoWolf (2,233 posts) See mini bio Level 12

@willyvereb: There is about 98% chance that I will join here. Just one question. What is the difference between a Real and a Super, other then Super obviously being better?

Post by Galenbeta (3,025 posts) See mini bio Level 12

@willyvereb: Do we pm you all of this or we have to create a charcter bio

Post by Galenbeta (3,025 posts) See mini bio Level 12

@willyvereb: Signing up invovles alot of work

Post by Kuro_San (1,339 posts) See mini bio Level 11

I was on retirment but this drags me right back in

I'm using the pair but giving him another backstory

Name: Batsu (Real Name: ?????)

Race: Chojin

Height: 1.88 mts

Weight: 79 kg

Rank/Title: Lone Wolf of the Chojin Empire

Special: Former Military Member of a Inter-Stellar Empire that wanted to conquer Earth

Appearance:

Bio:

Former Member of the Chojin Empire, the man that calls himself Batsu used to be a soldier for an interstellar and militaristic empire bent on conquering the galaxy. He was known for his preference of fighting alone and while encountering with a squad of enemy Mondat (The Mecha of the opposing Empire Gine) he ended up damaged and landing on Earth. He managed to repair his machine but he was able to repair one part, the SD Drive, which allows warping through long distances, thus rendering him locked into Earth and the nearby planets. He ended up working half time in a bar, like a bouncer, to survive while fending off the attacks of the Gine Empire that detect his beacon or he fights against anybody dumb enough to piss him off

Personality:

A lone Wolf by nature, Batsu dislikes joining forces with others to the point of ridicule; he is a loner and doesn’t want to change it. He finds human culture sometimes stupid and sometimes surprising. He was born a fighter, engineered for that purpose and he doesn’t have any problems about it, he loves to fight, not for honor or glory, he is a warrior to the core. He haves a soft side for anybody trying to find their own path, or the ones that try to become warriors and he may, with some reticence, train others. He likes human food, he likes human women and he likes human music, but dislikes everything else. His superhuman attributes are designed to help him resist the G forces of the suit and survive the attacks of others, he is even capable of staying alive for 5 minutes in the vacuum of space. Batsu is a veteran soldier tempered by fire and battle and his objetive in life is too fight for the empire and die a glorious death that would allow him entry to the Warrior Heaven Kairashu his race promises to the soldiers.

Name: 1G-SDDE-1991 CUSTOM MELEE SPECIAL (A.K.A. Black Wolf)

Type: Custom Real Robot

Dimensions: 22 mts

Weight: 55 metric tons

• Armor: Enhanced Alloy of Galvorn-Iridium created for Custome Melee Mechas of the Chojin
  • SD Drive: Solar Sail (Currently inoperable)
  • Anti-grav and Propulsion System: Solar Sail (Operable)

Stats:

• Strength: 30
  • Structure: 20
  • Firepower: 0
  • Performance: 30
  • Mobility: 20
  • Energy Output: 20
  • Sensors: 20

Description:

The 1G-SDDE-1991 CUSTOM MELEE SPECIAL (A.K.A. Black Wolf) is a highly specialized unit focused on shock tactics and melee combat. The user must be able to withstand the incredible speeds that this suit can reach. The Armor is enhaced in comparison to similar models of the same design and the long and mid range weaponery is disable, replaced with a miniature factory that collects mineral particles from around the Mecha, mutates them into Galvorn and Iridium, hyper concentrates them and creates a seemingly endless supply of melee weapons. The Core of the suit is also enhanced allowing longer activity periods so is the mobility and all base stats.

Weapons:

Wolf Fang: An oversized Galvorn-Iridium Alloy Axe. Can be thrown like a boomerang, used in pairs or created with a enlarged hilt to wield with both hands.

Wolf Claw: Three pure Galvorn blades that come out from the forearm, incredible sharp and resilient.

Abilities:

Miniature Galvorn Forge: Connected to the core this facility creates a pocket dimension inside the Warp corridors that can be entered with a SD Drive for travel to store a constantly increasing number of Wolf Fangs, created from taking mineral particles and transforming them into Galvorn through a complicated process of molecular rearrangement.

Enhaced Senses and Piloting Skills Link: The Pilot is connected through his nerves to the machine allowing sensorial overlapping and faster responses. After years of use the nerve ends are finally burnt and the pilot doesnt even sense pain

Signature Moves:

Black Wolf Barrage: Spending a lot of his pocket dimension arsenal the Mech rains Wolf Fangs over the enemy like a storm of axes. Most of them manage to return only to be flinged again against the enemy

@ChronoWolf said:

@willyvereb: There is about 98% chance that I will join here. Just one question. What is the difference between a Real and a Super, other then Super obviously being better?

Well, not necessarily better. The difference between Real and Super Robo is more conceptual. 

A "Real Robo"  is trying to establish itself as an actual military equipment. They are mass-produced and often little different from what the nameless grunts use. Their design attempts to be more mechanically sound and built on Sci-Fi concepts. They are still rather implausible but they are trying to deny it (hence being "Real"). Examples include Arm-Slaves, Gundams, Knightmare Frames and Variable Fighters

Super Robo is in a way the complete opposite. Like their name suggest, they are "Super" which makes them pose as the heroes of their respective story. They are unique and often possess special abilities exclusive to them. While trying to appear technical and such, Super Robos in general are the living-breathing representation of the Rule of Cool. They also have the tendency to name every one of their attacks and call out these names aloud while performing them.  While not strictly "Super Robots", the mooks and other less important mechs in the show tends to follow these concepts just the same, thus counting as "Super Robo". Examples include GaoGaiGar, Getter Robo, GunbusterGurren Lagann and Mazinger Z.  

Mind it, the lines between Real- and Super Robo aren't clearly drawn. Real Robo shows often feature "Super Prototypes", highly advanced Real Robos that mop the floor with the rest. Supernatural powers is also not uncommon in these shows, just think about the Newtypes in Gundam. Similarly, the first Super Robot show Mazinger Z had so many technical details that nowadays it was borderline "Real" in this aspect. There's even the unofficial so-called "Hybrid Robo" category for mechas that mix-in both. 

Anyways, like I said Super Robos aren't necessary more powerful than their Real Robo peers. 
The original Mazinger Z for example would be annihilated by almost any advanced Gundam. 
There's also the 1200 meters tall SDF-1 Macross which would dwarf any but the most massive Super Robos in size (and of course often even in firepower). 

So yeah, like I said, the difference between  "Real" and   "Super" Robots is more conceptual. It ultimately can determine your playing style. Albeit like you guessed, Super Robots also tend to be slightly more "overpowered" which Real Robo pilots compensate with tactics and piloting skill. 
In this aspect Super Robos are more "entrance-friendly". 
Actually,  RP-ing as a Super Robo is only marginally different from RP-ing as a human character. Super Robos are often little different from actual Superheroes in a bigger mechanical body.
Post by SamJaz (12,796 posts) See mini bio Level 20

@Kuro_San: @willyvereb:

This is awesome men. Just give me a few hours to think of a character and a robot and I'm all over this.

Dibs on the

@Kuro_San: Heh. 
While I no longer play the necromancer it appears I can still raise the dead. 
Great submission! 
Welcome aboard! 

And now to the specifics. 
First off, a giant melee-only Getter Robo inspired mecha that summons and throws axes does sound very much like a Super Robo. The idea of alien mecha stuck on Earth and fighting another alien empire does sound very much like UFO Robot Grendizer (not like this plot is unique to that series, mind you.)
And unless your over-the-top RP-ing style did change I think that Super Robots would also suit you the best. 

Another issue is with the stats. It appears to me you used this infinite axe-throwing mechanic to avoid needing to spend on "Firepower". As the result of this and a bit of min-maxing, your mecha has fairly large stats for the beginning.  
While most players would average in the 20s, your mech is between 30 and 40 in stats. 
Sure, the stats doesn't  mean much when it can be compensated by writing.
But it might start an unfriendly arms race between the other players.  

So I have two suggestions, choose whichever you prefer: 

1.) Change the stats considerably, keep one or two while halving the rest. For example if you choose armor and strength then your speed and mobility decreases to 20 and 15 respectively. Energy output may also needs to go down a bit (which you can explain by the generator being damaged/weak, same applies to the decreased speed or strength). You can gradually rebuild your mecha's power as the story progresses. 

2.) Keep the stats. Your mecha originates from a highly advanced alien empire. It shouldn't be surprising if it's a cut above the rest. On the other hand in the beginning I'll be more strict on allowing upgrades to you. Which makes sense. Your mecha is more advanced and alien in technology. There aren't many ways you can improve on it. So while initially more powerful, it also becomes stagnant. 

BTW, I think I'll make this Gine Empire the first group of antagonist in the game if you don't mind.
They'll be at war with humanity (and thus our group of mecha pilots) in the beginning.  
Like I said, this "Mecha Heroes" RPG has an expandable and malleable plot. 
So it makes way for almost any kind of additions (expect those that contradict the previous additions).

@SamJaz :  Sure. I have already added you to the player list. 
Albeit I'm not sure if the Eva-like design is a good idea. 
A considerable part of the game will play out in space.
 Might want to do something with it. 
Actually, I was almost sure you'd choose something from Gurren Lagann. 

@Galenbeta said:

@willyvereb: Do we pm you all of this or we have to create a charcter bio

You can put the submissions here. 
Albeit I plan to make a separate thread for the completed player profiles for better viewing. 
In special cases you can PM me the player profile if you want to do something unique with it.  
But otherwise they go completely in the open. 

@Galenbeta said:

@willyvereb: Signing up invovles alot of work

Well, kind of yeah. 
But it isn't like creating bios for Vice RPG characters doesn't. 
Actually, given how grimoniously huge the Vice RPG bios had become, I think these are even on the small side. :p

@willyvereb: Lowered the stats.

I can see OG Mazinger with the scrander defeating Gundam like Strike "More Dakka" Freedom or Age III or the last Age. Super Alloy Z is much more resistant to punishment than Gundamium, word of god

The regular version of the 1G-SDDE-1991 is like the proto Getter, lacking any color scheme and being armed with a laser gun. The helmet is shaped as an ancient Chojin armor during their "Medieval" era (See what I did here?) This custom version has thicker armor, haves the Solar Sail (The Cloak) and the weapon generator as their alloy is highly resistant but not indestructible. Other models have different weapons, but only Melee as it cannot duplicate circuits.

The Gine Empire mechs are inspired on Escaflowne. Chojin are space Vikings while the Gine Empire are more like England

@Kuro_San said:

@willyvereb: Lowered the stats.

Maybe you even lowered them too much. 
Like I said you could've kept the strength/durability or the speed/mobility part. 
Given your mecha's style I think keeping the Structure and Strength at 30 sounds reasonable. 
And why did you lowered the sensors stat? 
I think you misunderstood. I didn't tell you to halve all of the mecha's stats.  Just lower a certain group of them while keeping the others. 

@Kuro_San said:

I can see OG Mazinger with the scrander defeating Gundam like Strike "More Dakka" Freedom or Age III or the last Age. Super Alloy Z is much more resistant to punishment than Gundamium, word of god

Well, I wouldn't really argue based on SRW since that's non-canon. 
But yeah, based on feats the Super Alloy Z is more durable than Gundarium. By a few orders of magnitudes.
The problem is that Gundams hardly rely on armor.
And they have ridiculous firepower. Many beam rifles in the various Gundam verses have feats that would put the bomb dropped on Hiroshima to shame. And we're talking about a thin "lance" of energy hitting against the armor. 
But yeah, the Mazinger Z could defeat AGE-3. Granted, Gundam AGE is probably the weakest Gundam verse. 

@Kuro_San said: 

The regular version of the 1G-SDDE-1991 is like the proto Getter, lacking any color scheme and being armed with a laser gun. The helmet is shaped as an ancient Chojin armor during their "Medieval" era (See what I did here?) This custom version has thicker armor, haves the Solar Sail (The Cloak) and the weapon generator as their alloy is highly resistant but not indestructible. Other models have different weapons, but only Melee as it cannot duplicate circuits.

The Gine Empire mechs are inspired on Escaflowne. Chojin are space Vikings while the Gine Empire are more like England

I see. 
The Medieval-like style is unique but maybe a bit too much. 
At least for the generic alien threat we would face in the game. 
We can fight against them time to time and there could be even a story arc revolving around the Gine Empire. 
But then I guess I have to find a different group for our "first enemy".
Post by ChronoWolf (2,233 posts) See mini bio Level 12

Name: Genevive Coupe

Race: Human

Height: 170

cm (5'7“)

Weight: 56 kg (124 pounds)

Rank/Title: Private 1st class

Appearance:

Bio:

Genevive Coupe, daughter of Gerard and Caroline Coupe, born in Lyons, France, always had a fascination with mechas. A fascination her father shared, and her mother didn't mind as lons as she dressed like a lady. In fact, her father wanted to became a mecha pilot once. However, back then mecha were much more dangerous. So dangerous that if the pilot wannabi had an injury or something similat that would make then unable to get out of the mecha in case something didn't happen the way it should have, such as the injury Genevive's father got in a war, they would be turned away. Now, the only things required were training, the willingness to die, no criminal record, no mental issues and other similar trivialites. Genevives father did everything he could not to let Gene do something stupid and became uneligable to become a pilot.

To apply for training one is required to be 18 of age and to have finished highschool. Once they are accapted for training the recrutes spend two years learning the basics, the advanced stuff and the more advanced stuff, before they are do a test on the theory of mecha piloting. If they pass the test they are sent to practical traing where they get to pilot a real mecha. That lasts from two to six months, depending on how well you performe. After that you do a practical test, where everything you've learned so far is put to the test. If you fail you have to repeat all the training and tests, and if you fail again you potentialy lost five years of your life for nothing, since you get no third chances. At least, that's the way in France.

Genevive obviously passed without a problem. She wasn't at the top of her class, butnobody cares about something like that, right? She was still a pritty damn good (and just pritty) pilot, but unlike in movies that didn't instantly give her captain rank. No, instead she started as private, the lowest of the low, a mook if you will, and moved on to private 1st class, slightly higher then the lowest of the low, in less then six months. That gave her mecha an upgrade, but also more dangerous missions. Now, she is one of the best P1s the army has and she smells a promotion in the air. But that will ony turn her into a lance-corporal. What she aims for is a senior officir, a rank that will give her the chance of designing her own mecha. That means that,

until she get her next promotion 13 ranks stand in her way.

How does she advance in ranks so fast? Well, not only did she train in an old mecha her father somehow repaired, or is it better to say, made work through some miracle, but she is proficent in combat outside of a mecha. She is trained in hand-to-hand combat, knife-to-hand/knife hand/knife-to-gun combat and firing a gun. With both her hands. She is ambidextrous and skill she gained, not through birth or talent, but through training. First by brushing her teeth, eating and writing with her left hand, then by firing a gun and wielding melee weapons, and finally piloting a mecha with just her left hand. That ambidexterity gives her an edge in combat agains mechas with similar specs, but whose pilot isn't ambidextrous.

Personality:

Confident and funloving, Genevive doesn't back out from a fight, be it a battle of wits or of brawn, in a mecha or out of one, or perhaps a fight against nature itself, she will accept a challange. She is near the very bottom of the army ranking, but she is persistant and ambitious enough to try her best and go further, towards her ultimate goal, designing a mecha of her own, a privilige very few have, while the rest get stuck with the stock models, slowly getting to upgrade their mecha as they progress. Those attempting to find a friend in Genevive might find one, but for an ally, someone who they can trust completely to watch their back, they might not have such luck. She will help other people as long as their plans don't get in her way which is rarely the case.

Her fighting style is similar to her personality, fearless, graceful and ready to use dirty tricks, both in the mech and out. She is not afraid of using her own body to distract opponents, to get close and stab them right through the heart. While she does have a hot temper, that rarely effects her judgement and she knows when to back out, but all that means is that she will come back later, with backup, to kick some arse.

Personal Weapons:

MAB PA-15-A normal, everyday handgun produced in France. It is a semi-automatic, capable of containing 15 9mm rounds. She prefers not to use it and only carries one spare magazine. It is hidden on her left thigh, under her dress.

Dagger-a normal dagger which Genevive prefers to use in combat. It is stainless steel and Genevive sharpens it after every use, or altenatively every ten days. She carries two, one in her purse, and one on her right thigh, under the dress. She preffers using both at the same time over using a single one.

Tazer/stungun- she carries both melee range tazer and a short range stun gun inside her purse for non-leathel takedowns.

Mecha: Hawken

Name: MF-18E "Strike Trooper", Genevive calls it Hawken

Type: Mobile Frame (Real Robo)

Height: 18 meters

Mass: 755 metric tons (standard combat weight)

Armor Material: Composite/Steel

Powerplant: Atom-AT IACC-781C V-50 Compact Fusion Reactor

Locomotion: Hyperworks 1909AE Superfluidic Hydraulics System

Propulsion: 2 x Jettizon-ED HPS-653-F4 Jump Units, 8 x RPT-1833-M18 Rocket Motors, 47 x RPM-1704-M18 Rocket Verniers

Stats:

• Strength: 10
  • Structure: 10
  • Firepower: 10
  • Performance: 15
  • Mobility: 10
  • Energy Output: 10
  • Sensors: 10

Description

2rd Generation Mobile Frame developed in NC0044. The Strike Trooper was a revolutionary machine that changed the development of future mechas. As the first mecha capable of atmospheric flight, the Strike Trooper sported massive amount of thrusters and actually devoted 40% of its internal space just for fuel. The thick tights of the design are a direct result of this. Despite that the Strike Trooper was proven to be an enduring, cheap and even versatile design and over 40% of the Union pilots are flying with these. But time marched on and by NC0067 the machine is considered seriously outdated compared to the various new models. In the Union's "Hi-Low Mix" tactics the MF-18E definitely forms the "Low" range of the spectrum.

Genevive had a friend perform slight modifications on her own mecha, making it faster and giving it more versatility.

Weapons

Weapons(mecha):

- M2109A8 Assault Cannon: Mech-sized assault rifle firing 120mm rounds. While used to be potent the Assault Cannon no longer supplies enough firepower against the more advanced machines, only really effective against the demi-mechs of the Abductor force. For that purpose the A8 variation is outfitted with an underslung 500mm grenade launcher.

• M5527 Attack Cannon: Attached to the weapon's lower body this 500mm cannon is used for situation where the Assault Cannon's firepower seems to be insufficient. It has a magazine that can hold four rounds of various type including high-explosive, shaped explosive, fragmentation and other shells.

- CCW-112 Combat Knife: Reinforced knife outfitted with a motorized chainsaw-like blade to enhance its cutting power. While relatively potent this weapon became outdated like the rest of the machine. Used only as a last resort. Albeit rumors state that some veterans learned how to use these as thrown knives, stocking up dozens of these for this purpose alone.

- CCW-B098 Assault Lance: Unique weapon rarely seen on the battlefield. A large spear with an explosive lance-like tip. While relatively powerful, its explosive nature limits this to a single use in melee. Albeit reportedly a variation with replaceable heads does exist.

- PPB-1055 Shield: A physical shield which acts as an extra layer of armor, seen used by mechs on defensive missions.

Abilities

Route Power-Genevive got a mechanic friend to make slight modifications to her mecha. She can route power from her systems to a specific one, increasing one of her stats by five, but lowering her others by one.

Signature Attacks

None

@willyvereb: But all the Seed Gundams work on double A batteries, Mazinger would keep going like the energizer bunny way after the Strike Freedom spended all of his energy

@Kuro_San said:

@willyvereb: But all the Seed Gundams work on double A batteries, Mazinger would keep going like the energizer bunny way after the Strike Freedom spended all of his energy

Actually not. 
You confuse it with the Strike and other suits not equipped with NJC. 
The Strike Freedom has a nuclear reactor so theoretically it can fight for pretty long. 
Longer than the Mazinger Z, actually. 
There are several instances in the anime where the Mazinger Z just barely had enough energy to finish the fight. 
Extended battle or using the Breast Fire more than a few times does deplete the Mazinger Z's energy reserves. 
In this aspect it's somewhat close to the Mobile Suits from SEED.  
Technically, their battery-powered MS can remain operational for hours but the Phase-Shift Armor and beam weaponry depleted the experimental units' energy in only a few minutes. 
Just like with the Mazinger Z.

@willyvereb: Yeah, I meant the Strike, thanks for the correction. Still I would bet for good ol' Mazinger and Koji Kabuto over Kira Yamato and his suit anyday, even if the facts show Koji wouldnt win. Nekketsu is a valid factor in giant robot fights

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel