Underground Fighting in Osaka

Topic started by Kuma_From_Argentina on March 17, 2012. Last post by Kuma_From_Argentina 1 month, 4 weeks ago.
Post by SamJaz (12,796 posts) See mini bio Level 20

@Kuma_From_Argentina: Luckily but uncomfortable for Alvin, the shock of the water knocked him back up to the ropes, the fish flying into the audience. A small pang of guilt was felt, but Alvin was surprisingly okay with that.

He felt around the worlds he had created, searching for something he could use as a weapon before Gen launched one of those skull crunching punches of his- YES.

Opening a portal right in front of him and another on the planet CircleParty3000, he intercepted a Friartuckasaurus mid-charge. While he had unlimited creative powers on the other side of the portals, raising mountains and carving out oceans merely by willing it to be so, here on Earth Alvin was merely agile and sturdy, so he would have to throw his punches from where he could get the strength.

In this situation, this strong punch took the form of a rampaging dinosaur with a nine-inch thick skull. Of course, Alvin wasn't just going to bring in a stegosaurus or something stupid. That'd probably kill Alvin too. Of course, speedy thing go in, speedy thing comes out, and the dinosaur, which Hagane would recognise as a Pachycephalosaurus, had its head down and didn't notice it's rival was replaced with a teenage Japanese boxer.

That wasn't Alvin's problem. He'd probably just get rid of it with another portal afterwards.

Post by Kuma_From_Argentina (6,763 posts) See mini bio Level 13

@SamJaz:

Punching a Dinosaur! That was one of Gen dreams; he always wanted to face off with a T-Rex or something as big, an idea that came after facing an elephant in a zoo. The less we say about that episode in Gen’s life the better. The Spirit Boxer rushed forward to meet the lumbering mass of muscle and bone that was charging with its head plate aiming towards Gen. He stood his ground, locking his legs and preparing to unleash a massive punch, Fighting Spirit travelled through his veins until it focused in his left hand, powerful surge of this energy pushed its way through Gen‘s skin and made his fist shine with a blue light that could easily blind an unsuspecting watcher.

The sound of the Spirit Boxer straight and the armored plates of the charging Pachycephalosaurus didn’t come to be, as Gen, for once, used a bit his brain and like the last fight, the one against Ethan, he took advantage of the enemy predictable route and instead of matching his fist against the Armor of the Dinosaur he unleashed a massive Uppercut aiming to knock the thing down. The strength of Gen would be added to the Pachycephalosaurus incredible might. – Eat knuckles Kabuto-chan!- The Boxer shouted as he hoped to connect the amazing uppercut counter.

@Kuma_From_Argentina:

As the fist connected with the creature's jaw, it was launched into the air, and Alvin created a portal above his hands. There was a sickening crunch as the dinosaur collided with a ceiling, and a large cake appeared in Alvin's hands.

It was covered with cherry and pistachio ice-cream, arranged in stripes with the words Sorry I missed your birthday Gen! Hope you had a smashing good time! Written in blue icing on top of the ice-cream cake.

"I knew you always wanted to punch a dinosaur." Alvin said with a smile as he lit a candle atop the cake and offered it to Gen with a tear in his eye. "Happy belated birthday bruv."

@SamJaz:

Gen roared in triumph and then in anger as he saw Alvin next trick, why wouldn’t let him fight against real fighters instead the weird ones, maybe they were testing him or using him as a filter for the scum of the Earth or they wanted to give him a bit of rest, either way Gen was pissed off for having to fight this trickster piece of shit. As somebody far away from this place or even this universe once said, The Spirit Boxer quoted him without knowing as he shouted –FUCKING TELEPORTERS!!! – While charging forward, once again using Raijin step to close the gap, but this time around three consecutive movements, in a zig-zag pattern to land in the right and aim a powerful left cross to Alvin’s side, hoping to make him puke blood from the attack.

@Kuma_From_Argentina:

Angry. Angry was good.

Dropping the cake, Alvin opened a portal to his side, as if a shield, and another one under Gen's foot.

Balance lost, Gen's right foot would fall to meet his own left fist, but as Alvin dropped to the floor he pushed on his arms, sliding on the cake to get behind Gen.

Alvin rolled to his feet, his back covered in ice-cream, wax and crumbs, then kicked a lump of cream towards Gen's head, hoping to blind him for a second when he turned around to attack. Alvin would use this opening to tackle the boxer, getting his left knee in a hold and twisting the kneecap out of its joint.

@SamJaz:

Alvin planned worked…. At least most of it. Gen punched his own foot while the Portal Mercenary slipped using the cake as lubricant. The Spirit Boxer only had a thing to say as he punched his own feet. –FUCKING TELEPORTERS!- but his moment of raging insulting to people with the ability to teleport was more than enough to grant Alvin the opening he needed to blind him. A good chunk of cake was thrown to his face by an expert kick of the Teleporting Teen. Gen was blinded and in his blindness he tensed up prepared for a cheap attack while his vision was impaired. Alvin didn’t even doubt it and took his chance trying to tackle Gen, emphasis on trying. What the Young Mercenary didn’t consider was the Spirit Boxer rigorous and almost suicidal training.

Their power doesn’t only comes from their Fighting Spirit since they need a strong body to withstand the pressure of the burning energy inside them, not to mention that thanks to the Maisetsu-Kyo technique Gen was pushing his limits with every second he was on the mode. A couple of years before, when he just started with his Spirit Boxer training this trick could have worked but the steel like muscle and cat-like reflexes, added to incredible stability and balance he trained for turned the task of trying to topple Gen into a titanic one.

As Alvin tried his tackle Gen tensed up his body, he grunted from the pain of putting weight over his right foot, but pushed through, he received even worse injuries and moved forward and the second that took Alvin to fail at knocking him down was even a second too much, more than enough for the blind, yet still perceptive Gen to attack with a hold and a head butt while shouting – Now is my time you Teleporting-yaro!-

While the fight grew fiercer the medal on Gen’s jacket let out a warm light, still not too bright, so only somebody near to the Boxer could notice it.

@Kuma_From_Argentina: "DAMMIT!" Alvin shouted, slipping out of the hold thanks to the sheer amount of cake and icing that covered his body as he wondered why the hell his skull wasn't obliterated by that headbutt.

Oh, right. Shinodaborn. SamJaz can take bullets through the head without blinking.

While Alvin wasn't quite so durable, it was still up to debate the colour of his skull. Red blood ran down his face, obscuring his vision so he couldn't quite see the glow on Gen's jacket. Still, so far, they were tied. Gen had landed a solid hit on both of them, but short of bringing in weapons or lava, there wasn't much Alvin could do to hurt Gen.

Wait.

"REF!" Alvin shouted. "Are non-lethal weapons allowed? I think a contestant used a blunt metal bar once?"

@SamJaz:

The Announcer quickly replied. –Any weapons except fire-arms are allowed! - But as Alvin lost precious time asking the question, Gen managed to clean most of the icing from his face and roared in victory, releasing the Ghost Jab Hurricane at point blank range, a flurry of right handed jabs that shattered the sound barrier, so in a single second a hundred fists reinforced from inside with Fighting Spirit Rained upon the Portal Warrior. – You gave me cake, I’ll give you a good scoop of ass-beating! - Gen shouted in anger, with some of his spirit slipping his control and surfacing as blue flames, trying to escape his veins that glowed in with a similar glow.

As the battle raged the same man that watched Gen in the other fights was once again in the audience, he looked just like a Yakuza, full of scars and wearing a suit. The pendant on his chest, with a medal similar to the one in Gen’s jacket was glowing once more with a black light, as if it resonated with the one carried by the Spirit Boxer. –Soon, I’ll harvest my prize, but I need to be patient, very patient. - He smirked as he stood up and left the Arena.

@Kuma_From_Argentina:

Alvin got the portals for his weapons as the first punch connected. Bones crunched, and as quickly as he was able to get portals underneath him to above the ring, he'd already broken his jaw, ribcage and collarbone, the latter having a jet-black bone jutting out of his slightly tanned skin.

Knowing he'd have seconds at best before the ref shouted at him, Alvin popped his broken bones back into place and opened a portal to a Lietzung plant, plucking one of its leafs and shoving it into his mouth. Being the visual representation of the same kind of healing magic SamJaz used, the juices of this plant was, in fact, highly lethal to most creatures due to the heavy strain it forces the body to work under to promote such rapid healing.

As a Shinodaborn, a species defined by their odd relationship to the flow of time, Alvin could chew this plant like it was aloe vera. Leaning back off the railings, Alvin dropped back towards the ring, opening a portal and drawing out a weapon.

It was easily recognised as a pickaxe, drawing jeers from the crowd. The way he carried it, however, showed a master of a weapon, once who could fight and kill and knew all there was to the tool at hand.

With a twist of the pickaxe in his hand, Alvin shed a layer of dust onto the ring, before charging and swinging the weapon into Gen's knee.

@SamJaz:

-Motherf*****! - Gen shouted after swatting the thin air with some of his supersonic jabs. Alvin vanished from the ring through one of his Portals. The Spirit Boxer knew that he had something hidden in the sleeve, so he tried to be alert, yet his anger was overwhelming his instincts and senses. He could have used Ryoshi no Ishi to further boost his enemy detection, but in his current state, an involution of the training that managed to calm him down and re-direct his inner fire. Gen was disperse and turned around nervously. He never saw Alvin coming, he heard the *THUD* of the Teleporting Teen behind him, the cheers of the crowd. He started turning around, he saw the light of the reflectors, the dust lifting off the ground and finally the bright surface of a metallic pick-axe as it connected a hit to his knee. Gen roared when he received the attack, as blood started to wildly pour out of the wound, almost like a scarlet geyser.

He was too unfocused to use Maisetsu-kyo when the attack came, thus his skin, which would usually take such punishment wasn’t able to, as the Fighting Spirit was dispersed and thin all over his body, if Alvin would have aimed to kill Gen would have been already lying on the floor. The Spirit Boxer sudden blood loss took him by surprise and Gen fell to the mat out cold. His eyes white and a pool of blood under him, the Announcer, still in awe of Alvin sudden appearance granted the victory to him as the medics took Gen. –AAAAAAAAAAND THE WINNER, BY TECHNICAL KNOCK-OUT, IS ALVIN HIMMERSKALTE!!!!!- The crowd was split, some cheered while others insulted after losing a shitload of money betting for Gen. The Announcer got a message through his commlink device on the ear to bring Alvin to meet Aoki, that wanted to congratulate him in person and grant him a bonus.

-Mr. Himmerskalte, Minato-sama wants a word with you, he is waiting in the VIP booth.- The Announcer told Alvin away from the microphone and pointed upwards.

@Kuma_From_Argentina: Alvin looked down at his victory. "…HECK YEAH!" He shouted eventually, holding his arms and pickaxe into the air, before making portals in the direction indicated to speak with this Minato.

@SamJaz:

-Mr Himmerskalte aint ya? - Aoki Minato the God of Gambling in Osaka greeted the Teleporting Teen as he entered the room. The infamous owner of the Arena was a tall young man with spiky red hair and a perpetual cigarette in his mouth. He had an air of disgust against almost everything, and for a man with such hot-headed look he always seemed to keep his cool. – First of all I want to congratulate ya on yer win; at least ¾ of the Arena lost their money to the house thanks to yer victory. - Aoki invited Alvin to sit down with a wave of his hand and kept going. – For that I’ll give ya this extra on yer payment. - The God of Gambling doubled the amount of money adding a second suitcase to the one already promised to the Portal Mercenary. – Almost a million dollars, I hope this is of yer liking, yet this prize is only an excuse to talk business. I have a proposition for ya, as I noticed that your skills could be very useful in a job I got tasked by some government contacts.-

Aoki had a very thick Kansai accent. –This job, in contrast to that. - He said pointing through the booth window into the ring – Is quite legal and it will be very helpful for all this country. Will ya hear me out? –

@Kuma_From_Argentina: Alvin took a seat, portalling the suitcases of money away while portaging a block of gold.

24 karat, one cubic metre in size. Alvin wheeled it in and placed his glass on it, like it was a table.

The message was simple, and clear.

"I'll hear what you have to say." Alvin said. "I might even help you out, depending on what's needed."

@SamJaz:

-I have gathered Intel about the Criminal Underworld for quite some time; ya know I need to keep tabs on the competition. Recently a new player entered the fray, he goes by Kuro-san and nobody knows his real name or his origin, but he is ascending quite fast. - Aoki served himself a glass of sake and offered the bottle to Alvin if he wanted a drink. – Currently he is off country doing some enigmatic business. But in matter of weeks he plans to assault the Japanese Department of Hidden World Affairs (JDHWA) to steal three invaluable items. - The God of Gambling took a sip from the glass and puffed his smoke. – For that purpose he hired a mercenary, but unluckily my network of informants is limited to Japan. The Mercenary goes by the codename of Falcon, and I was able to get his real name, Falken Degiraz. Ya can hire him in Germany.-

-The job I want ya to do is simple, first find about this Degiraz fellow and then report back, with that intel I can decide if I must contract ya or not for the second part that is breaking in the JDHWA building the same day as Kuro-san men and take the artifacts into a safe location. We protect them from Kuro-san and then I give them back to the government, with a plentiful reward of course. - Aoki finished his glass in a long sip and completed his proposition. – For the first part ya will get 2 times what ya earn today, for the second part 10 times, are ya in?-

@Kuma_From_Argentina: Alvin considered the offer, swilling the coconut juice in his hand as he thought. "You see, I was interested until you tried to hire me with money." He said, lifting the green Coconut to his mouth and taking a swig. "Perhaps the metric metre of gold I'm using as a leg rest was a bit too subtle, but aside from pocket change I don't exactly want for anything in life. In fact, I'm more interested in these artefacts you want me to protect."

Alvin swung his legs off the side of the chair and stood up. "I'm out." He decided. "But I'll leave a little something for a parting gift. Should be worth about… 800 million US?" Alvin asked, checking the most recent gold exchange rate he remembered off the top of his head. "Should be plenty to hire someone better suited for the role."

The Waster then finished off his coconut and dropped it through a portal. "So, where's Gen?" He asked. "I wanna say Hi to him before I leave."

@SamJaz:

-Well then if money won’t cut it, I don’t know what to offer. Consider the work proposal dismissed. - Aoki stood up and pressed a buzzer on his deck. – My assistant will take you to the place Mr. Shishioh is being cured, but I recommend you to avoid getting to close, Mr. Shishioh tends to be irritable after a defeat and you know how fast he is, he could sucker punch you.-

@Kuma_From_Argentina: "Thanks very much." Alvin said, waving as he followed the assistant through to where Gen was.

Once he got there, he maintained a respectable distance and knelt on the floor with his hands on his lap, the way a student would when addressing his teacher.

Then, he waited for Gen to notice he was there.

@SamJaz:

Gen had lost too much blood and was too tired, not to mention they popped him full of painkillers, so when Alvin arrived to the Med Room, the Spirit Boxer wasnt quite lucid, it took several minutes until Gen managed to notice the Teleporting Mercenary.

-W-what the fu-fuck are you d-doing he-here? - Gen tried to sit down in the bed was unable to do it. The loss of blood greatly weakened him, the Maisetsu-Kyo Technique had a fair share of advantages, but also disadvantages.

-Th-thanks to y-you and your f-fucking pi-pickaxe the old m-man that i-is tra-training me will w-whoop my a-ass….-

@Kuma_From_Argentina:

"That's why I'm here." Alvin replied. "I've realised a lot of things since Hellscraper, and the biggest thing is that I am weak.

"I've seen you punch dragons into oblivion." Alvin explained. "All I can do is throw sand in people's eyes and jump around until I can swing a pickaxe into someone's knee. Without my portals, I haven't got anything, and if things keep this way, I'm gonna get myself killed."

Alvin bowed deeply, his head touching the floor. "Gen Shishioh, will you please teach me?"

@SamJaz:

-Uh….fuck. - Gen wasn’t the teaching type, but this was the first time somebody asked him. His training method mostly comes from experience rather than honest to good training, just recently he found a master.

-I can’t teach, you but I can introduce you to somebody that can, my current mentor. Reiji Fukuma.- If Alvin ever worked for the Japanese Government, he could have seen the name in the lists of the Hidden World Affairs Bureau, classified as A3 Danger.

-You only need to transport us to Sakurajima Island and we could begin.- Gen was being quite calm about it, but truth to be told he thought he was being smart, if he almost died training under the old man Fukuma, then Alvin was going directly to hell.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel