Training from Hell RP

Topic started by Kuma_From_Argentina on Jan. 2, 2014. Last post by SamJaz 6 months, 1 week ago.
Post by Kuma_From_Argentina (6,637 posts) See mini bio Level 13

Sakurajima Island

Welcome to Sakurajima Island, home of the world renowned Martial Artist Reiji Fukuma, come to enjoy our paradisiacal island and as you are here you could train. Reiji will give you 1 on 1 coaching to improve your Martial Arts prowess to new levels. He is the one who trains the Heroes of Tomorrow, being a Hero of the Past himself. Once, when he was young he fought against a horde of inter dimensional creatures alongside his comrades and managed to punch them back to their dimension. Yet he kept some mementos, 8 (now 6) medals that allow humans to access the same powers as the creatures he defeated, the Gainen. If you are lucky you may take one of those medals as a souvenir. But beware, not only the training is hard, but also the machinations of Agent Mamoru Iyana from the Hidden World Affairs Bureau will make your live a living hell, as he wants to discredit Reiji and whoever is related to him.

New Students can come whenever they want, but only 1 at the time

Alvin Barrier Training

The silent calm of a forest, the majestic presence of a mountain, the power of a raging fire, the might of a running river, as massive as the sky and equally as pure. This was Reiji Fukuma ideal as a martial artist, he trained all his life, he took a job according to his skills and unlike his comrades-at-arms during the 60’s and 70’s he saved the money until he was wealthy enough to dedicate his entire life only to training. Even with more than 60 years, the Ancient Master was stronger than most of other Masters, to the point that long before the present, as other fighters, he was banned from competitive combat by the government, to avoid raising the population suspicion and fears over the Hidden World and its denizen, capable of destroying cities or even more by themselves.

Reiji didn’t care about that, he didn’t even cared about the government constantly watching his every move, scared of what he could do if he planned to move into a city or town, he just focused in training, for more than 20 years this islands has been his personal gym and the geography of the place was greatly altered by his training regime. Valleys were created by his earth shattering kicks, and weather alterations around the island exist since he moved, thanks to his sky-splitting punches. Reiji Fukuma is a master of Ki, capable of enhancing his physical abilities to point not even other super humans reach, still his time as a warrior is long gone, not because he can’t do it, because he doesn’t care about fights, since half of the JSDF would try to stop him from picking a fight, he preferred this pacific life focused on his own improvement.

Yet from time to time he found himself teaching to new talents that either came to him or stumbled upon his island, his latest apprentice, Gen Shishioh falls in the latter category. Seemingly the young man picked a fight with an Ancient Oni in its own territory; he wasn’t in any shape to fight, after being beaten nearly to death by one of the Hinamura Clan members. Gen was punched from the mainland towards the island and landed in one of the small beaches. Reiji was intrigued about him and picked his battered body up, almost like a wounded pet. He nursed the brash Boxer back to health, but was surprised upon the impressive recovery the young man demonstrated. Gen wasn’t like others, he knew squat about him or his deeds, he had a lot of pure experience rather than technique and already used a Ki-like energy to empower himself.

Reiji offered his guidance to Gen, that was a bit too reckless after his fight with Juni Hinamura, but the Boxer rejected it. The Wise Master knew that sometimes people need to be guided, even if they don’t want it, so he proposed Gen a game, or better said forced upon him a toll, if he ever wanted to leave the island he would need to land a punch on him. The Hot-Blooded Boxer accepted the challenge thinking he would destroy Reiji, not learning his lesson from his meeting with Quan months before this. Reiji wiped the floor with Gen, without even breaking a sweat or moving a step away from a circle he marked on the ground around him. The Boxer had to admit that was damn impressive, and just like his entrance to the Spirit Boxing world he asked the man who defeated him with ease to teach him.

Two months of gruesome training and many talks Gen and Reiji developed some sort of friendship, or at least an apprentice-teacher relation. The Old Master saw himself in his young years in Gen, while the Spirit Boxer begrudgingly accepted that Reiji was too powerful and he could learn from him. Reiji decided to trust one of his treasures to Gen, one of the reasons the Government was so focused on him. A simple golden medal, which once served as the entry to this dimension for a majestic power that allowed the user to bond with a Gainen, a creature from a faraway place that represented an idea. Gen didn’t know about it or how to make it function, and Reiji didn’t told him, as he wanted to see if Gen was compatible with it, as he was. Still the Spirit Boxer took it as a gift and wore it, while Reiji kept it under wraps and away from the Government attention.

Gen left to attend to the Inazuma High school run by an old drinking buddy of Reiji and then he went to Osaka to return to the Fighting Ring. He won two times in a row, but got wounded both times. He seemed to be understanding a bit of Reiji’s training but Gen had a long way to go. Still he was about to come back from the third fight, so the Old Master waited nearby his home, an old fashioned dojo he built with his own hands. His trained ears heard the sound of footsteps climbing the long staircase so he stood up, but was disappointed to see that Gen wasn’t there, just the Hidden World Bureau Liaison with him, Agent Mamoru Iyana. –Mr. Fukuma, thanks for being available today, is a shame we always need to spend the money of the people in using Satellital scans to find you in this maze you call island.-

-What brings a dirty dog of the government to my doorstep? I should really put a sign about prohibiting the entry to stinking mutts like you.- Reiji wasn’t bad mannered, but Iyana represented all what he hated of the government that thought that got him locked in an island. Iyana was thin, short, with greasy black hair and grossly wide spectacles, his face covered in stains, testament of an illness that left his skin blotchy. Iyana was a spineless coward that hid behind the government and his father, currently the Minister of Defense in Japan, bad tongues said that he was a bastard child and he killed the heirs to get to his current position as sole heir, but that wasn’t proved. –You don’t need to be so ill-tempered old man, you shouldn’t bite the hand of who feeds you.-

-Fed me you mean, I don’t work for the government anymore, I left 20 years ago and I still think is the best thing I have ever done. - If this wasn’t a controlled environment Iyana would have pissed his pants and begged for mercy, but under heavy surveillance the slimy bureaucrat felt safe enough to retort. – But we can freeze your accounts and impose a blockade in this island if we wished to, so only the government good grace is allowing you to live.- Iyana didn’t understood or believed in the Hidden World, pretty stupid for him to be working on the Bureau, but an advantage for Reiji that if he wanted could survive for years without food. –You better go to the point brat, before I lose my patience. - Reiji stood there with a strict glare upon the Agent that slowly started to erode the pitiful willpower he had and rushed to the explanation.

-My superiors asked me, once again, to tell you that you’re in possession of government property and that you need to return it, we have been patient with this, but your negative is starting to piss off a lot of people old man, so you better start complying with our demands.- Iyana was sweating as he spoke, his nerves betrayed him and he let his mouth loose. The Old Master growled and without thinking it twice he slapped the Agent. He moved fast enough to avoid being noticed by the cameras and a couple of teeth flied off Iyana’s bloodied mouth. –Umh, those were new, weren’t they mutt? I thought you should have learnt by now that you cant treat me like that in my own home, weird things happen, like the Wind punching your face.- Reiji smirked as Iyana fell on his knees crying and trying to pick up his fallen teeth.

The Old Master towered over the crouched Agent and looked him from above. – Tell your masters that they won’t get the medals from me or anything else, the only reason I don’t leave this island is because I care about the people, something you don’t. I could run to Tokyo today and slaughter you lot like cattle, but I don’t do it since you wouldn’t pull your punches and people would end up hurt.- Reiji kicked the slimy agent and spitted over him. – They even tried to place an atomic bomb in my island, you people are mad. Leave now, crawl back to your water plate and lick your wounds mutt, don’t come again or I’ll start breaking something more important than your teeth.- Mamoru Iyana crawled away, angry and terrified at Reiji. –This wbunt bwe the lbast ywbou heabr fbrom mwbe!.- He shouted through his shattered jab as he descended the staircase.

Gen and Alvin arrived moments later, at the opposite side of the island, thanks to the Spirit Boxer’s poor direction. He was still a bit dazed from blood loss and wounds yet he could walk on his own again. –Damnit! We are in the opposite side!- Gen roared with a bit of anger, mixed with embarrassment. Trying to save some face he added. – Just as I planned, now we can start limbering and warming up, we will cross the mountains with a quick jog. Follow me I know a path.- The Spirit Boxer started jogging in the spot, waiting for Alvin to start and align behind him.

Post by SamJaz (11,787 posts) See mini bio Level 19
Online Now

@Kuma_From_Argentina: Alvin admired the island, breathing in the environment. He took a moment to examine the flowers, the birds, the insects and the mountains, before setting off at a walk behind Gen. "I'll keep up." He said, suppressing the urge to start farming the land.

It dimly occurred to Alvin that jogging was part of exercise, something that other people did. Rolling his eyes and trying to show sincerity, the lazy waster started jogging behind Gen.

@SamJaz:

Gen started moving; he was much slower than he regularly was, considering that the wound in his knee was pretty serious. The Spirit Boxer was a bit curious about Alvin sudden request; there were lots of different teachers the Teleporting Teen could have asked, but for some reason he asked Gen. The Hot-Blooded former Delinquent couldn’t avoid feeling a bit of pride about it and he had to ask, while climbing a rock formation towards the next part of the road. –Why did ya pick me? I can shrug that thing off my head, surely there are hundreds of Masters you could hire or ask.- Gen didn’t notice, as he was busy asking, that some cracks started to appear in the rocks, and in a volcanic island those weren’t a good sign.

Online Now

@Kuma_From_Argentina:

"Gen, I've seen you sniff out sea monsters under an ocean of salt, and punch it into oblivion." Alvin replied. "That's beyond impressive. My turn to ask, just how active is the volcano on this island?" he asked, pointing at the state of the floor.

You know, just to be safe.

There's a possibility that these spontaneous fissures come naturally to spirit boxing.

Best to ask rather than just worry needlessly about it.

@SamJaz:

-Volcanic? How do you…oh crap!- Gen was a bit puzzled about the question, yet he noticed why Alvin asked and started to feel the warmth through the rocks, they managed to upset a pressurized pocket of steam and gasses. Not that the Spirit Boxer understood that, but Reiji was pretty clear about avoiding cracked stones unless wanting to get steam cooked. –FUCK! JUMP!- Gen grabbed the jacket of Alvin and jumped as strongly as he could. Even injured his jumping power matched or even surpassed Olympic athletes. Under his feet the force shattered the stone and as Gen, and hopefully Alvin, flew towards the stone border of the collapsed road, with a geyser of steam and volcanic gasses behind them. The Hot Blooded Boxer barely reached the road and rolled over it to slow down; his leg was bleeding through the bandage. –Fuck! I should have asked for one of yer fancy portals.- He sounded pissed, but hoped that Alvin was less roughed up than him.

Online Now

@Kuma_From_Argentina: "Definitely should've portalled." Alvin said, portaging in a large pile of snow and shaved ice as he began to form a sling out of a wide leaf, packing it tight to create an ice-pack. "Right, gimme your leg." Alvin ordered, portaging in a reel of twine to hold the makeshift ice-pack, keeping the wound cold and closed.

@SamJaz:

-Well, we need to think of that next time. - Gen extended his leg and grunted a bit when the ice touched his knee. Alvin made a makeshift icepack and tied it to his leg. Slowly the searing pain was reduced and the bleeding stopped. With some effort the Spirit Boxer stood on his own, he put some weight on the leg, testing if he could walk. He only felt a small piercing pain, yet he managed to block it out and keep pushing forward that was a Spirit Boxer creed, ignore the defeats and always push forward. –We need to reach the end of this path, and then we will need to climb the side of the Volcano and circle around it until we reach the home of my Master.- Gen started moving with heavy but firm steps. Neither he nor Alvin, unless he had some sort of enhanced senses could notice the couple of feral eyes watching them from above. As they kept advancing, Gen turned around and muttered, almost in an inaudible whisper. –Thank ya.-

Online Now

@Kuma_From_Argentina:

"No worries." Alvin said, not wanting to insult the boxer's pride further by offering to portal him to the top.

He walked alongside Gen, Matching his pace as he kept his eyes scanning the area, paying careful, but not exclusive attention to the ground just in case some animal or lava plume decided to ambush them.

@SamJaz:

Gen limped in the road with Alvin following close behind him. The ice pack effect was momentary and the Spirit Boxer was known stoically ignoring his pain and kept pushing forward. He looked around and noticed a mark on a rock. He pointed at it and told Alvin. – See that? This means we have reached my master’s range, in a good day he can smell anything from this mark onwards, unless he had curry or something like that.- Gen would have laughed at the notion months of being able to expand his sensorial range through Ki or in his case Fighting Spirit, but Reiji was a firm believer that knowing about the surroundings as much as possible was a very important part of fights.

– I never believed that ability of my master, until he defeated me by avoiding my attacks while placing himself in strategic locations, he could smell the gasses under the rocks and I got some nasty burns out of it.- The Former Delinquent spoke with a mix between pain and nostalgia. –But I should stop talking about the past, we need to move forward.- He started walking again but noticed that the pain was slowly going into being unbearable again, he needed to take his mind out of it, so against his better judgement he asked Alvin. –Ya are a mercenary, don’t ya? I only know yer name and yet powers, tell me something about you, anything.- Gen was sweating a lot and his limp was more noticeable, but he didn’t stop.

As they kept moving the beast was slowly stalking them, moving in complete silence, without even doing a false step or stepping over a branch, something surprising as it walked over difficult terrain.

Online Now

@Kuma_From_Argentina: "Me and two of my sisters broke out of a concentration camp where some dudes capture people with abilities like us." Alvin explained. "I don't think you got to meet them, but you'd get on with Cole. Before that point, all our knowledge of the outside world came from academic books and from the worlds in my portals. That's why we became Mercenaries- people who were for hire to do things other people couldn't in exchange for money. My sister Hagane usually lectures at universities, and Cole gets a lot of work as a DJ. Workers for hire, and it sounded cooler than odd-job people."

"Since I'm a survival expert, I've had more experience working with actual mercenaries than they have." Alvin shrugged. "There's no just cause for the things people do to each other, and money doesn't come close. I just want to sustain something resembling a social life while chilling out in the woods."

"Next question." Alvin said. "How does your master extend the range of his senses without intrasensory portals?"

@SamJaz:

-Mmmh…hufff…huff… He explained it to me…huff.huff.. it was something about…- Gen stopped and fell into one knee, the healthy. He had been in worse situations, but this time around the recklessly fought several intense fights in the short span of three weeks, he was already pretty weakened when he fought Alvin and the pickaxe was only the catalyst for something much worse. The Boxer tried to weakly stand up, but his knee wasn’t the only thing failing, as his feverish body and articulations were starting to give up. –I…I… nee...need…to…- The Spirit Boxer tried to move forward but he convulsed and fell towards the hard ground shivering from the fever.

This was the moment when the beast decided to attack, a Tiger, much bigger than any regular tiger appeared over a crag, above Gen and Alvin. He roared showing his fangs; the beast was old, as patches of white were more noticeable on its skin. A horrible scar crossed over his left eye that was missing, so did a bit of its ear and part of the beard-like fur under his chin, also bearing a scar. The giant hunter jumped from the top of the crag and landed behind them, causing a small tremor that broke stone nearby, releasing steam ominously. Up close it seemed bigger, almost 3 or 4 times the size of a regular Tiger, he even left the impressions of its paws in the hard ground. With a blood chilling roar, that made nearby birds fly away from the trees he charged forward. Gen was delirious in the floor incapable of moving, living Alvin on his own.

Online Now

@Kuma_From_Argentina:

Alvin was faced with a problem, treat Gen or fight.

He went to his first instinct, and created a portal below the tiger, with the exit point being far above the island. The tiger fell, but at that size it might just land on its feet and roll the damage off, but Alvin quickly looked through the portal the tiger fell through to scan the geography of the island, hoping to find the location of Gen's master. If he did, he'd make a portal under Gen leading into dwelling, and Alvin would follow.

He was expecting some sort of Japanese temple, maybe a red roof, but he still paid attention to the other telling-signs. Paths, ponds, trimmed flora, Alvin was able to see every detail of the island from above by bending the portals to zoom in and out of perspectives and should be able to locate the dwelling within seconds.

@SamJaz:

Alvin could have easily missed the structure as it was half covered in vegetation, but somebody with his experience as a survivalist would easily notice the difference between a man-made structure and a rock formation, he would be able to teleport both of them if he was fast enough, as the Tiger was rushing towards them and his stinking and hot breath was close enough to be smelled.

Online Now

@Kuma_From_Argentina:

"And more portals!" Alvin shouted, creating a portal in front of the tiger, below Gen, above the ocean and at the structure.

It was only when he jumped through the portal under Gen and saw the ocean below that Alvin realised his mistake. "Balls." He said, creating a portal underneath the two that appeared on top of the structure, amongst the trees, with the tiger below.

"Alright, simplest solution is best." Alvin said, opening a portal leading a lake of molten lava above the tiger, dropping the blazing liquid unto the animal that would suffocated and incinerate the animal.

@SamJaz:

Magma started to pour out the portal like a soft serve machine from hell. The liquid rocks surrounded the Tiger and the animal started to close up into a single spot inside the ever shrinking space left by the Lava. It would be hilarious to see such big animal in a position so reminiscent of a house cat trying to avoid water, if it wasn’t for what came next, but luckily for the Tiger when the Lava was about to make contact something happened. A blur of motion passed around it and circled it. A trench was formed around the animal and the lava slipped into it. The blur stopped to reveal the savior of the Beast. A tall and heavy muscular man, who apart from his white hair and wrinkled face could pass as someone much younger, he was dressed with rustic clothing of exquisite confection and dye. He lifted the Tiger with one hand and threw it away to the forest, with the beast running away through the trees while his other hand kept the incoming lava at bay making a whirlwind by spinning his arm in small circles.

-Would you please stop it? I could keep this up for days but I don’t want to- The Old Master grinned while speaking, trying not to be intimidating.

Online Now

@Kuma_From_Argentina:

Alvin closed the portal, opening another underneath the lava to catch it and deposit it somewhere else.

-=-=-

A painter in Berlin, was attracting a small crowd with his latest work. He'd closed off the road and had painted an incredible crevice , with cars falling into it and with fire bursting from the depths.

A portal appeared above the street, and red magma began to pour into the road he was painting.

"Uh.. What?" He asked, dumbfounded as the molten rock began to eat into the road.

The news would report it as a burst gas pipe.

-=-=-

Two portals later, Alvin and Gen were beside the old master. "He wouldn't stay in the hospital." Alvin explained, unbandaging Gen's wound. "You know him better than I do. Can you help him?"

@SamJaz:

-Yes I can help. - Reiji lifted Gen over his head and then let the boxer fall over his shoulders to then execute a backbreaker. – You worthless disciple! Get the fuck up! - Reiji didn’t use methods like this with all his students, but Gen seemed to respond better to this approach. –Uh-uh!? – The Spirit Boxer woke up as he was being stretched. He struggled weakly and finally landed when his Master let him go. –Don’t do that again if ya know what’s best for ya old man! – Gen seemed better after resting for a bit, but his aspect told a different story, he could barely stand and was covered in sweat and blood. –Don’t tell me what I can do boxing brat! Or I will give it to you.- Reiji lifted his hand menacingly.

-Oh, that’s yer best threat? Come at me old timer and let’s if you can back it up.- Gen opened his arms inviting the Old Master to hit him. –So that’s how is going to be isn’t it? Well, you earned this brat! – Reiji charged forward and backhanded Gen through a nearby tree and into a rock, where the Boxer got incrusted into a Gen shaped crater.

YASHI NO FUKUGEN (RESTORATION PALM)

The Spirit Boxer’s body started to twist unnaturally, as if his bones and muscles started to get rearranged, his factions shifted and slowly the swift movements under his skin started slowing down until they stopped, Gen’s knee was completely heal, only leaving a big scar. The Boxer was fast asleep, snoring placidly. Reiji turned around and faced Alvin. – Hello there, thanks for bringing my stupid apprentice here, I only have 4 questions for you. Who are you? What are you doing on my island? What is your connection to my pupil? And finally what the heck did you do with the lava? You almost killed my pet! – The Old master seemed much nicer and less aggressive. Even we he talked about the Tiger he tried not to be menacing.

Online Now

@Kuma_From_Argentina:

"Alvin Himmelskarte, I am standing to attention while I answer a martial arts master's questions, I helped him attack an underground tower and shattered his knee with a pickaxe in a boxing match, and Germany."

@SamJaz:

-Don’t be a wiseass boy, nobody likes wiseasses. - Reiji spoke to Alvin replying to the Teleporting Teen “Answers”. For a moment Reiji thought about smacking him to imprint some respect, but this one didn’t seemed the kind that responded well to that stimulus. He exhaled heavily and scratched his beard. –You know if I you had replied like that 40 years ago I would have punched your face in, but aging tends to calm people. I want to know what you plan to do on my island, not what you’re doing currently and I asked about the power you used to summon lava like that, not where did you send it. Not to mention that using a pickaxe in a boxing match sounds a bit dishonorable and I dont like dishonorable people- Reiji moved towards Gen and separated the Spirit Boxer, that was still slipping from the rock and kindly left him on the ground. – He is going to be asleep at least for another hour, so you’ll have time to properly explain yourself until he wakes up. -

Online Now

@Kuma_From_Argentina: "I apologise, I get nervous when I see people heal open wounds with a punch seriously how do you-" Alvin coughed, clearing his throat.

"I came to this island to learn." Alvin explained. "I need more than I currently have in order to face battles I have up ahead. I have the power to create portals to other worlds." He demonstrated as such, creating a doorway to a land of snow and candle trees, with wax bark and fire fruit. "In these other worlds, I can see anything, create anything, reshape anything. Here, I am weak." He closed the portal as a fire ferret began to approach the warm island. "In a fight against your student, I was obliterated. I could only dodge and trick Gen into punching himself. After a moment where I hid on the roof to catch my breath, I asked the judge if weapons were legal in that particular match, and the judge agreed. I then summoned a pickaxe and attacked Gen, taking victory and survival. I asked for his tutelage, but told me that he himself was still learning, and that I should learn from a greater teacher than he ever could be."

Alvin bowed deeply, then stood up straight.

"Actually that last part was a lie." He admitted. "He swore at me and told me to teleport him here so he could introduce me to you so you could teach me. He's doing a pretty shoddy job of it so far."

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel