The Revival of the Vice RPG Universe

Topic started by Sonata on July 27, 2012. Last post by Sonata 2 years, 4 months ago.
Post by Sonata (35,693 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Hello Vice RPG'ers!, 

Over the past few months the Vice RPG community has hit the biggest wall it has ever faced.  Most of our great RPG'ers of the past have moved on to other things, or retired entirely. After the events of the All Hell Breaks Loose RPG event the Earth of the Vice universe was in total shambles. However there was an attempt to establish some kind of order in the Dawn of the Black Year RPG, but sadly due to the inactivity it was never fully realized. Which now leads to the current problem, the Earth is still a wreck, yet new RPG'ers still want to join in on the fun and establish their characters. I have seen the threads of newer users brain-storming ideas of possible RP stories. I'm all for that, but I realized something with the world being as it is would anything we write have any impact? Sure we all like the have fun writing, but you also want what you write  to mean something. With that in mind I seen that there would be no real point in making an RP if story the could be done in one post. In the current situation if a villain wants something he/she can just walk up and take it no real resistance, because regular citizens are doing the same thing. 

You are asking yourselves If that's true then what can we do? The answer is actually quite simple. To revive we must first reestablish, and a quick way to do that is with a time skip. We don't want to erase what was done by past RPG'ers, yet we don't want to be stuck in limbo and not move forward because they left. This way  both new and old members can get a fresh start and ideas, yet still keep continuity. That is not all that should be done, We should reconstruct how the planet looks physically. What I mean by that is establishing Cities, countries, and governments so villains will know what to go after and heroes will know what they can protect. Also I think we should go a pure fantasy route this time. Most of the cities of Earth have been nuked to hell, so recreated them with fictional names would be great start. This will also give characters old and new of where they can start their journey. Once the foundation is patched everything else will fall into place, but this MUST  get done to create great RP stories for the future. 

Here are the main questions we have to answer to move on 

1. How long should the time skip be? I believe it should be about 10 years decent about of time to rebuild most cities and have some order for the planet. I welcome anyone else thoughts on this and the other questions.
  2. What does the map of the Vice look like after the time skip? Cities and other locations basically. Is Tokyo still the capital of Japan or is it something else entirely. Is Japan  even still there?? Subjects like that 
  3. What kinds of governments are in control? Are they the same or have they taken a new turn for the better or worse?
  4. The Public's reaction of superhumans after the crisis? Do they fear and hate them? do they love and respect them? or is it a mixed bag? Tons of stories can be made from this alone.
Thanks for listening, and I hope to get responses from the RP community so we can start the rebuild together:) 

The world is gray and has no direction now lets fix this first so we can create stories in the future. 
The world is gray and has no direction now lets fix this first so we can create stories in the future. 
Post by Elfenlied1012 (557 posts) See mini bio Level 15

@Sonata: I'm not all that great at RPing seeing as I have the grammar of a four year old coupled with dyslexia that makes even fire fox spell check confused but I am very interested in seeing what stuff you guys come up with. Might be fun to kind of just watch if I don't feel qualified to take part. Good Luck Sonata.

@Elfenlied1012: Thanks, I have a few Ideas on what we could do.:)
Post by Mercy_ (292 posts) See mini bio Level 11
Good luck!
Post by Shadowchaos (3,039 posts) See mini bio Level 14

I say all of Earths major capitals should be craters and most of what would be the larger cities be regular cities by today's point of view and the smaller cities be villages. The superhuman thing I think should be divided with some wanting revenge or what not and others are alright with them. The hatred could also make the super humans/super beings to create their own city of country leading to tension. I agree with the time skip but I think it should only apply to those that have participated in atleast one story thread except for dawn of the black year since that didn't work so the new people would still be the age they wrote down since they basically aren't a part of the world yet. Just some ideas.

@Mercy_: Thanks!XD 

@Shadowchaos: Yeah I forgot to mention the time skip is for the older characters, the newer character can start right away after that. I was thinking that the old capitals should be gone as well,  but in their place will be  seven new super cities on each continent that can be used as new capitals.There can be small towns and cities around them, but those new 7 cities will be a main focal point, and will have a special meaning for Earth's defense in the future.

@Sonata: like what some kind of super shield that will protect the entire Earth from space attacks or a planet wide emp wave. But yeah I agree if we can figure this stuff out we could possible have a thread out in two weeks or less.

@Shadowchaos: Yes something along those lines. The Earth will have vastly improved from a technological stand point and will become more advanced. A villian just can't come in and strong arm it to take over its going to take some effort.
Post by Elfenlied1012 (557 posts) See mini bio Level 15

@Sonata: Might I suggest making a short history of blog post so new people feel a little less weird about jumping in?

@Elfenlied1012: Sure I'll make one :)

@Sonata: hmmm a story line how about we do one about the people hating the super humans/super beings or a corrupt politician wanting to turn them into his army.

@Shadowchaos: Thats always a possibility, but is every country going to be a democracy? I s there going to to be a monachy in some place or even a Dictatorship. I have an Idea in mind that I will write out in a blog post later, and see what people think about it.

@Sonata: I guess it depends on the country so lets say a person could easily take over a weak nation that was bad off before the war but is now much worse they of course would instal a dictatorship or similar things. But I think it would depend on how they acted and if they could get people to follow them.

Post by TheBlackDragonz (883 posts) See mini bio Level 14
@Shadowchaos

I wouldn't mind innocently running amok down under in Australia. Anyways, this sounds like it's gonna be AWESOME. I dunno what I'm side I'm gonna be on. Maybe like a 'chaotic-neutral' or 'chaotic good' sort a alignment...thingy...
@Shadowchaos: Well South America was heavily damaged by Zella's influence before the war. Zella has disappeared for now, and thing were getting worse worse. I see a dictator/ or some kind of committee running the place there. 

@TheBlackDragonz: Sounds good there is always trouble there.
Post by TheBlackDragonz (883 posts) See mini bio Level 14

@Sonata: I also finished re-updating my profile save a picture for now.

@TheBlackDragonz: Great I'll check it out:)

@Sonata: How about Hawaii doesn't exist anymore and the capital of the U.S.A should be North Carolina because of history with it being the location of the first colony and if you remember the civil war the soldiers from there were called tar heel because they would be the last ones fighting. So with that it would make sense the would be one the first states to recover. I guess Japan would break up into separate countries and go back to how it was in the samurai era. Europe would be similar but just a little scarred. Other then those I have no idea.

Post by Tiferet (149 posts) See mini bio Level 6
@Shadowchaos said:

@Sonata: How about Hawaii doesn't exist anymore and the capital of the U.S.A should be North Carolina because of history with it being the location of the first colony and if you remember the civil war the soldiers from there were called tar heel because they would be the last ones fighting. So with that it would make sense the would be one the first states to recover. I guess Japan would break up into separate countries and go back to how it was in the samurai era. Europe would be similar but just a little scarred. Other then those I have no idea.

Hey. I like this idea. Particularly because I'm from NC.

@Tiferet: same but it is a logical choice since D.C is more then likely nuked like crazy and is just a huge crater.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel