The Magic Association

Topic started by Association on May 9, 2011. Last post by Association 3 years, 1 month ago.
Post by Nerx (13,843 posts) See mini bio Level 12
@Crusader: hell yeah I want to punch big things and send them flying 
Post by Crusader (135 posts) See mini bio Level 10
@Lobos_Del_Rayo: Good question.
Technically your ability is more like a special power or Ki manipulation. Although the boundary between the magic and non-magic special abilities is rather thin.
In short your char isn't a spellcaster, neither a magic construct so the Association won't force you to join.
Post by Lobos_Del_Rayo (2,792 posts) See mini bio Level 12

@Crusader:
Good because this orginzation goes against everything Crow stands for.

I think this new group is going to be interesting because as you just said the boundary bewteeen magic and just special abilities is rather thin.

@Lobos_Del_Rayo: Oh, care to explain how?
I have a few guesses but wondering on your answer.
Post by Lobos_Del_Rayo (2,792 posts) See mini bio Level 12
@Crusader:
Sorry about that when I was writing my train of thought kinda went off track. I was thinking it going to be interesting because I don't think the public really cares let alone knows the difference bewteen magic user and people with super powers so to them everyone has magic powers and they will beileve every person with any kind of powers should join The Association. But then I realized that this group will probably be sercet from the public because they are trying to keep magic a sercet
@Lobos_Del_Rayo: Yes, they try to keep magic secret.
Not exactly the existence of super powers since they got pretty much public. Actually that just gave more freedom to the mages for acting. But all in all no one has a clear proof on the existence of wizards, mages and fantastic creatures.
Perhaps that will change soon as the RP world progresses...
What really concerns the Association to control the magic on Earth. In short who can and can't learn magecraft or how the magic creatures should be treated. They want the magic power to thrive but all the while the Association knows that sorcery is a dangerous tool in wrong hands. The number of people truly capable of magic decrease every year. In case if the existence of magic world came to light, it would cause panic and utter chaos. That's something the Association wishes to avoid.
Perhaps the people of the Association aren't saints. The leadership is rather corrupt and the magic world can be especially vile. Some blue and red dude said:
"With great power comes great responsibility"
Post by BattleHeiz (5,765 posts) See mini bio Level 15
@Association:  What about Paladins?
They use divine force
@battleheiz: That's usually magic. Calling forth divine power is otherwise called Thaurmaturgy...which is one of the many classical branches of magic.
@Crusader said:
" @battleheiz: That's usually magic. Calling forth divine power is otherwise called Thaurmaturgy...which is one of the many classical branches of magic. "
Yes but magic is mostly energy from another dimension or source but most definitely not god
It would be same as saying that saints can use magic cause of their healing abillities
@battleheiz: They do. Miracles of God are magic.
Although matters related to religions is kind of tricky for the Association. Let's say it partially their share, while not in full.:p
@Crusader: At this point magic is energy and molecular manipulation
Post by Sonata (35,160 posts) See mini bio Level 20
@Association: Actually I only watched a few episode about a week or so, I am definitely going to finish it up its good:)
Post by cfatalis (19,150 posts) See mini bio Level 15
@Crusader:  One does question what would do the Magic Association would do to Retrias if they found out of Black Iron original property.
@battleheiz said:
" @Crusader: At this point magic is energy and molecular manipulation "

you never played DnD haven't you, there is a reason why Cleric and Paladin were termed magic class, and that is where the typical Fantasy Paladin being a Knight with holy power came from
@cfatalis: Didn't like graphic
Prefer Gothic or Neverwinters
Post by TheYellowFlash (583 posts) See mini bio Level 6
I'll join the Association. o -o
This Character has magically feats. like Elvish magic, he's part Magus but hasn't completely been able to control his Magus power yet, so it's pretty much unstable, and let alone he is also part angel of death now XDDDD
@battleheiz said:
" @cfatalis: Didn't like graphic Prefer Gothic or Neverwinters "
there s a graphic for DnD?
Neverwinter is BASED on DnD 3.5
@cfatalis: You meant game right?
@battleheiz: the original DnD
It is a pen and paper RPG, it is the other defining thing of fantasy fiction , the other include Tolkien
@cfatalis said:
" @battleheiz: the original DnDIt is a pen and paper RPG, it is the other defining thing of fantasy fiction , the other include Tolkien "
I played that virtually
@battleheiz said:
" @cfatalis said:
" @battleheiz: the original DnDIt is a pen and paper RPG, it is the other defining thing of fantasy fiction , the other include Tolkien "
I played that virtually "
virtually or otherwise it didn't have any graphic tha can be compared to a real game
both in NeverWinter and DnD( NVW uses DnD system), Paladin is magic+physical  class, the magic is divine magic, given to them by gods
magic is magic, science is science
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel