"Teach Me The Ways of The Hero!" - OOC

Topic started by UsachanMaN on Jan. 26, 2012. Last post by UsachanMaN 2 years, 4 months ago.
Post by UsachanMaN (4,514 posts) See mini bio Level 15

'Sup guys and girls! Since I've been away for a while, I need to warm-up with my RPing, so I thought of a laid-back, fun RP to get the hang of writing again....and to test out my reboot character, Paintress. This is the OOC thread, please post your out of character questions, comments, and concerns here :)

I'll stop blabbing now, and get down to business >:]

Plot

Paintress has just been released into the real world after being a not-so-important and page filler character in a children's storybook. After the antagonist of the story, an evil old witch, cursed the story, the pages of the piece of literature was scattered throughout the world. It is now up to Paintress to take the role of the hero, and collect the missing pages before her time is up. But there is one major problem......she has no idea how to be a hero! The strong-willed artist decides to create lots of flyers which asks for heroes' guidance, and post them around the city in hopes she gets at least one mentor. Now all she has to do, is wait.

Currently, Paintress is aware that there is a page in the current city she is staying in; however, she doesn't know its exact location. She needs to find it fast because the pages hold mystical powers, which can be destructive in the wrong hands.

FLYER:

Hero(es) Mentor(s) Needed!

AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!

Efforts will be rewarded handsomely.

Rules and Notes

• Characters joining needs to be good or neutral (but with a strong sense of justice) If you wanna join as an evil character, just let me know; I got a couple of ideas on how to include evil characters
  • This is a story-based type RP
  • Dont be shy to suggest your own ideas for the plot :D I haven't set it in stone just yet :)
  • the RP will be laid-back, so there is no rush with posting.
  • Last, but not least....You gotta be prepared for LOADS of FUN!!!! :DD
Post by Masako_Hihashi (594 posts) See mini bio Level 10

@UsachanMaN: I'm in with the Hooded Man, he is going to help you as he can sympathize with your situation...

You could make the pages work as the feathers in Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles, granting powers to whoever holds them. They could give people fairy tales powers. Also can be used as a myriad of other things, like the power source fro machines or soemthing like that....

Any villain could detect the pages and try to use them for their own goals...

Post by Lobos_Del_Rayo (2,816 posts) See mini bio Level 12

@UsachanMaN: @Masako_Hihashi: Good luck this sounds interesting :)

Dang the idea of the pages giving things power would be perfect in Runaway for the source that is powering the train XD

@Masako_Hihashi: Sweet! :D Nice idea with the Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles feathers! I haven't thought about that. That would spice things up a lot! :P Thanks for the idea :D

@Lobos_Del_Rayo said:

@UsachanMaN: @Masako_Hihashi: Good luck this sounds interesting :)

Dang the idea of the pages giving things power would be perfect in Runaway for the source that is powering the train XD

Thanks! If you want, I can join Runaway with this character if you want the train to be powered with one of her pages :P

Post by Dahlia_Magenta (814 posts) See mini bio Level 14
@UsachanMaN: Sounds coolXD I see Dahlia helping  out of sheer artistic curiosity. She has a good heart,but I wouldn't truly label her as a hero:)

@Dahlia_Magenta: Awesome!!!! Welcome aboard! :D

@UsachanMaN: lol You can if you want currently the train is power by a device known as Eternal Flow that constantly recycles and produces energy.

Back onto this RP though it is a nice idea and Crow may be able to fit in but his sense of Justice is a bit odd seeing as he does not like being "hero" type of character. Also Enigma may be able to join even though he is a villain he could "befriend" the Paintress under his civilian guise as Noah instead of being the evil Enigma.

@Lobos_Del_Rayo: Its up to you really; I could have her join, thinking that the train holds one of her pages :P

As for this RP, I edited the intro post, and included what her flyer has. It offers a "reward" for those that help her out, (its unspecified since each person would want something different). Perhaps that intrigues either Crow or Enigma? :D

Either way, I dont mind which character you decide to play as :D The more, the merrier :P

@UsachanMaN: Hmmm you are getting me more interested in this RP I think both Crow and Enigma may join. Crow as a chance to get the reward but what happens is a misguided attempt at being a mentor. Enigma will make short appearance similar to the way Izaya first appears in Durarara! looking after Paintress and befriending her :).

@Lobos_Del_Rayo:

Sweet! Sounds like a plan! :D

I'll have the first post up later on tonight then, I think we got enough players to get the ball rollin' :P

@UsachanMaN: Okay it may take me a bit because of all the things currently already on my plate but I will be in when I get a chance :)

@Lobos_Del_Rayo: No prob! I've mentioned that this will be a laid-back RP, so you can post whenever you're available :D No rush :P

Quick quesiton, is it ok if I set the story in London? Unless you guys want a specific city

Post by this_is_riddle (201 posts) See mini bio Level 10

@UsachanMaN: London is good for Crow and Noah. Crow could be on somewhat of a vacation while Enigma could planning on meeting an informant.

@this_is_riddle: Sounds good, I'll make it London then; and if it conflicts with Dahlia or the Hooded Man, I'll edit my post.

Alrighty! Posted the opening post, its kinda long, but I wanted to include the background events :D

Post by Dahlia_Magenta (814 posts) See mini bio Level 14
@UsachanMaN: Ooh great post, and no London is not a problem for Dahlia:)
Post by Kuma_From_Argentina (6,650 posts) See mini bio Level 13

@UsachanMaN: Posted

@Dahlia_Magenta: Aw thanks! :DD

@Kuma_From_Argentina: Awesome post! :D

Post by Kuro_San (1,338 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@UsachanMaN: Thanks

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel