Sketchinoda Bio

Topic started by SamJaz on Feb. 20, 2013. Last post by SapphireUsagi 1 week ago.
Post by SamJaz (8,674 posts) See mini bio Level 19

@SekiryuuteiDxD: The Lancer is The Foil for a hero of the closely allied variety. Han Solo to Luke Skywalker. Raphael to Leonardo. Sanosuke to Kenshin. Zoro to Luffy. The Lancer is the one least likely to be a team player. He's the one who sneaks off on his own to advance the team's goals independently. He might be jealous of The Leader, with an attitude of "Why can't I be the leader?" When he finally gets his chance he may well find himself asking himself, "Now what would The Hero do?"

If The Complainer Is Always Wrong and there's a chronic complainer to act as the show's Butt Monkey, it's likely this guy. He's also the one most likely on The Team to go turncoat, and the last one The Hero will suspect. Conversely, if the rest of the members turn their backs on The Hero for some reason, the Lancer may be the only one who sticks by his side. The Hero and The Lancer may also be rivals for a love interest, or one of them will have a cute sister whom the other crushes on, only to have the brother say "My Sister Is Off Limits!" Sometimes The Hero and The Lancer may be love interests to each other.

In the event that The Leader of The Team is unable to lead, The Lancer steps in; unless of course the Number Two is someone else in the group. Sometimes, he's forced to take the position against his will. Either way, this plot is used to contrast the leader's leadership style against what the lancer's would be. A frequent ending for this plot is for The Lancer to gladly give up the reins of power while The Leader often notes that the team will be in excellent hands the next time he is absent.

This trope is named for the man-at-arms of The Middle Ages, the term for a professional soldier. While the term also encompasses the members of the knightly class, a man-at-arms was not necessarily a knight. They were also men of lesser financial and social status than knights, but were equally trained and equipped to fight on horseback in full armour and with sword and lance, just like their social superiors. In this regard, he is most recognizable as King Arthur's right-hand man, Kay, who was the greatest warrior of Arthur in source Welsh legends (and who was later demoted to plucky comic relief) - either way, as a constant Foil for our noble hero, he fits this trope to the letter.

Post by SekiryuuteiDxD (984 posts) See mini bio Level 12

@SamJaz: well that somewhat clears it up

@SekiryuuteiDxD: No worries. It's like the whole Spock / Kirk / Bones trio, I've been told. Never watched Star Trek, but that's the idea.

Post by Kuma_From_Argentina (6,335 posts) See mini bio Level 13

@SamJaz: TVtropes will ruin your life... but greatly enhance your narrative skills

@SamJaz: would the Sketchinoda volunteer to become apart of Simon's peerage

And receive the evil pieces

The Evil Pieces (悪魔の駒(イーヴィル・ピース) Īviru Pīsu), also known as the Devil's Pieces, are a set of 15 chess pieces given to top-class Devils to increase their ranks by reincarnating other beings into Devils.
Based on the game of chess, there are a total of 15 pieces (1 Queen ♛, 2 Rooks ♜, 2 Bishops ♝, 2 Knights ♞, and 8 Pawns ♟) that are given to top-class Devils (King ♚) with a peerage. These pieces are used to reincarnate other beings into Devils and become servants of the top-class Devil

@Kuma_From_Argentina: Replaces surprise with recognition.

@SekiryuuteiDxD: Doubt it, they already hold high ranks in the Empire.

@SamJaz: as I in those space marines empire

@SekiryuuteiDxD: Alvin took the first group of refugees to the home planet and built up the capital city. Coleen trained the first set of soldiers.

@SamJaz: so that's how the marines started

Updated. Thinking of adding a couple more Shinodaborn that i want to introduce in a future RP. Here's a couple of ideas for appearances. First up are Saki Shindou and Nameless

Also

Yoko fan art
Yoko fan art

Thoughts?

@SamJaz: The lancer seems doesnt seems to fit, Yoko as well

@Kuma_From_Argentina: Yeah, I'm still bouncing ideas around, bound to get a few bum ones.

UPDATED! Hurrah! added seven shinodaborn last night.

Post by ChronoWolf (1,765 posts) See mini bio Level 11

Ah, the majestic emo... [Insert joke here because I got none].

But I like Yancy!

@SamJaz: Awesome

@Kuma_From_Argentina: Thanks, I like the fact that I can use characters with less interesting/versatile powers as the main three, but are very interesting characters in themselves. Mira being a classic example or a relatively one-trick pony.

On the other hand, Moody is just going to be a load of fun to play with, but does have the power to back it up.

Added Olivia and Joe. Yeah, this list is still growing.

Post by SapphireUsagi (2 posts) See mini bio Level 7

@SamJaz: Very nice and a bump for the future:)

@SapphireUsagi: Thanks Sonata. What's this one for?

Post by SapphireUsagi (2 posts) See mini bio Level 7

@SamJaz: This one is for another member of FABLE.:)

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel