Shinjuku Shock (OOC)

Topic started by Kuro_San on Feb. 12, 2013. Last post by ReliusClover 1 year, 6 months ago.
Post by Kuro_San (1,339 posts) See mini bio Level 11

This is as basic as you get, a gang war is about to start in Tokyo, the old Yakuza clans remaining in the city, Aoitora, Midoriryu and Akaikarasu have formed an alliance against the new most powerful gang, Mangetsu, that only recently started to extend from Osaka, outmatching the other country yakuza thanks to their total control over the docks of Osaka, allowing them to get revenue from anything that goes through customs. Mangetsu led by the enigmatic Kuro-san has employed a lethal group of mercenaries known as the Numbers, and plans to attack Tokyo during an evacuation exercise in which most of the city downtown will be closed during the night. Empty streets and two warring factions of criminals, the perfect recipe to dye the streets red and for the Gods of Death to run free through the city.

In their desperation the Triumvirate of Clans, using the name Sangumi, decided to hire anybody that could serve to stop the threat and would pay enormous quantities of money. But both sides are ignorant of a third faction led by a sect called New Dawn, which wants to rebirth nature into the cold heart of the city and they’re going to take advantage of the situation to use rituals to summon old Shinto deities to destroy the city and bring back nature. Old Yakuza, New Yakuza and Japanese minor Deities, what could possibly go wrong?

Characters can enter as:

1) Hired by Mangetsu

2) Hired by the Yakuza

3) Law enforcement officials or "bounty hunters"

4) Pro or Anti New Dawn

5) Accidentally stumbling upon the place

Any questions about the NPC involvement and about characters you want to include for your own character stroyline please send me a PM

Post by ReliusClover (784 posts) See mini bio Level 10

Wonderful. Alice will be joining for sure after i edit her character a little bit.

Her reason to enter: bloodbath.

Post by SamJaz (12,919 posts) See mini bio Level 20

@Kuro_San: Accidentally stumbling upon interesting places is one of the Keyblade's superpowers! I'm in. Once I get out of the Hellscraper.

Post by taylor (305 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@Kuro_San: [ EVERY CITY DESERVES A PARK! ]

[ I'M PRO DAWN ]

[ SAVE THE PLANET! ]

[ AND ALL THAT ]

Post by Kuma_From_Argentina (6,815 posts) See mini bio Level 13

@ReliusClover: Remember this is a street level event, the minor deities are the strongest and they barely manage to destroy a city block alone.

The Numbers are elite Street level more or less

The Gangster and even the elite ones are peak human at most.

@taylor: Same goes for you Taylor, you usually make thing too complicated with your myriad of weird powers and I want to keep this thread as simple as it can be with two gangster squads and a sect with minor deities...

@Kuma_From_Argentina: Alice's isn't a city busting immortal demon god either. She has her skills, speed and strength as well as the ability to kill supernatural powers of others (not permanently if you think that) which should just help even more to keep everyone in the street level bounderies.

Post by taylor (305 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@Kuma_From_Argentina:

[ AHEM ]

Ahem. Fair enough. I'll limit myself to three abilities for this adventure.

1- Nullification of achievements.

2- Dragging people to my level.

3- Rampant screw summoning/manipulation

See? I'm not even using the voice? Aren't I being sporting?

@SamJaz: How nice. You'll be meeting my second character then. But the outcome won't be as half as friendly as it was with Phantom though.

@ReliusClover: We'll see. SamJaz has a way with people. I hope. His power's kinda reliant on it.

@taylor: @ReliusClover: Ok

Post by Shadowchaos (2,804 posts) See mini bio Level 13

hey guys I'm back and I think that Abyss would work good here. Well after a few adjustments.

Post by Yeilin (81 posts) See mini bio Level 9

@Kuro_San: What about investigation/observation of all parties involved? Can that be a reason for participating? : )

@Yeilin: Yeah, do you have any kind of organization ordering your character to do that or she is doing it for pure curiosity?

@Kuma_From_Argentina: Not exactly. Have you played FF8? It's sort of like the game's 'Garden' school and its students who are part of 'SEED'. Basically the students take on "assignments" that are just as dangerous as missions. That's sort of how Yei works as a character. She's part of a ninja sect at her school (the school is a martial arts school and academic school at the same time) that sends its students out to do stuff as part of their 'educational' curriculum.

@Yeilin: Sounds like an awesome school.

@SamJaz: Thanks : )

Post by ChronoWolf (2,252 posts) See mini bio Level 12

Arthur might show up here after the Hellscraper. He'll just be walking around casualy looking for something to quell his boredom and them... bam, he finds himself in the middle of a gang war.

@Yeilin: Ok get it

Post by Kuro_San (1,339 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@ChronoWolf: @Yeilin: @SamJaz: @Shadowchaos: @ReliusClover: @taylor:

Ok.

Let's make a headcount here

Who's in and why?

@Kuro_San:

Alice Fujiin (the whole thing will go through some edits before i enter though)

Reason: Was there to pick up an assignments (will include the explanation in the bio) but when she notices what's going on she drops everything and goes for a bloodbath. She'll probably focus New Dawn because the deities are the most supernatural thing around, though she will target everyone without discrimination tho.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel