Sha's Bio

Topic started by Sha on April 10, 2010. Last post by Nerx 1 year, 3 months ago.
Post by Juni_Hinamura (613 posts) See mini bio Level 10

@Kuma_From_Argentina: LOL that's OK Juni in-character would have figured it on the next post:P She basically used 7 fighting styles on Gen already, she would have figured eventually that she may have to use more of her brutal fighting styles to winXD

Post by Kuma_From_Argentina (6,694 posts) See mini bio Level 13

@Juni_Hinamura: Alas Poor Gen I liked you while you were still alive

@Kuma_From_Argentina: XD This will be valuable experience for him.Juni may actually invite him to her family dojo when she comes back to Japan over the summer.

Post by Sha (516 posts) See mini bio Level 10

Anime-iish?

@Sha said:

Anime-iish?

@Juni_Hinamura:

That pic is hiideous lol

@Sha: LOL I know not the best example, but thats what he was talking about.

@Juni_Hinamura: LOL Why should I make m bio more anime...ish.

I don't understand at all... I understand this is the Animevice, but since when does that mean everyone needs to write the same type of character?

@Sha: Me personally I've never had a problem with it. It's just a pet peeve some people have, its not a big deal though lol

Post by Jlynnana (3,293 posts) See mini bio Level 13

@Juni_Hinamura: I'm not changing it. lol

@Jlynnana: LOL I wouldn't either. Create any type of character you want on here.

Post by Jlynnana (3,293 posts) See mini bio Level 13

@Kuma_From_Argentina: : My bio doesn't effect any events on either the present or past vice, and like I stated before. When I first got here this was my bio.

Post by Kuro_San (1,338 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@Sha: Is not a matter of looks (Even if that could help to change the general outlook of the bio a bit)

Is a matter of content, the backstory seems more akin to the Comic Book mythos than the Anime, is lacks and underlaying theme for the powers.

I dont know how you cant understand my point as it is simple. Your character seems more akin to the Vine that the Vice. My complain stands of firm grounds, as most of the backstory could be easily mistaken with a comic-book.

Is not a matter of being picky or a pet peeve, is the theme of this Forum, if not why is it called ANIMEvice? If you want a character like this use it in the Vine.

Forgot to add if you could be kind to expand upon the powers, as just titles arent descriptive enough some times. And even if they are (Like super strength) I would encourage you to place the proper limits of it

This complain is truly a pet peeve of mine, but you could change the Name of your character race, as it seems, and excuse my bluntness, like the name for a B-movie alien race.

About the alteration of events, truthfully if you write it in your bio it ought to happen in the verse. And about Comic-book heroes in Animevice, you could just try to emulate the Super Heroes as Japan makes it appear, like for Example Tiger & Bunny. They are superheroes but taken from a Japanese viewpoint of the Occidental Super Hero Mythos.

Post by Surkit (516 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@Kuro_San said:

@Sha: Is not a matter of looks (Even if that could help to change the general outlook of the bio a bit)

Is a matter of content, the backstory seems more akin to the Comic Book mythos than the Anime, is lacks and underlaying theme for the powers.

I dont know how you cant understand my point as it is simple. Your character seems more akin to the Vine that the Vice. My complain stands of firm grounds, as most of the backstory could be easily mistaken with a comic-book.

Is not a matter of being picky or a pet peeve, is the theme of this Forum, if not why is it called ANIMEvice? If you want a character like this use it in the Vine.

Forgot to add if you could be kind to expand upon the powers, as just titles arent descriptive enough some times. And even if they are (Like super strength) I would encourage you to place the proper limits of it

This complain is truly a pet peeve of mine, but you could change the Name of your character race, as it seems, and excuse my bluntness, like the name for a B-movie alien race.

About the alteration of events, truthfully if you write it in your bio it ought to happen in the verse. And about Comic-book heroes in Animevice, you could just try to emulate the Super Heroes as Japan makes it appear, like for Example Tiger & Bunny. They are superheroes but taken from a Japanese viewpoint of the Occidental Super Hero Mythos.

That's just a painted up insult. I can see the argument for Animevice not being the Vine but her choice of any kind of name doesn't need to factor in your opinion. She's not a producer for a show you watch, she's does this for personal entertainment with a group of people who like to write.

All that said it's kinda hypocritical for a guy without a bio to critique one

@Surkit: I have a bio, and I'm not insulting and it's not my intention to do so, I just expressing my opinions

http://www.animevice.com/forums/rpg/34/kuro-san-bio/327702/#4

In Animevice we usually post the Bio in the forum. And the B-movie bit is a joke, even if it is partially true, it sounds weird

Post by Feral_Nova (1,863 posts) See mini bio Level 12

@Kuro_San: People made anime based characters all the time on the Vine and never once did we ask them to make their character more 'comic book' fitting because the site was 'comic'vine. We had tons of naurto based characters and not ONCE did we go "Hey, your character has too much of an anime feel to it, you should change it because this is COMICvine not ANIMEvice." and never once did we tell someone to go RP with their character on the Vice because of their character. And insulting her about her alien race? . Your not in charge of the Vice RP section, so what gives you the right to tell her what to do because YOU don't like it?

@Feral_Nova:

1. Not insulting, commenting, it really sounds weird, or I'm the only one that notices it?

2. I'm not in charge and I didnt ordered I just exposed my opinions

3. If Comicvine allows something should we do the same? Does a Comic-book Character Work in an Anime inspired Setting?

Post by Guyver (3,406 posts) See mini bio Level 14
Kuma, you should just let it go. You've voiced your opinion, as Sha has done.There's no need to drag this further.

@Guyver: I know, that's why I'm leaving the forum. As I clearly see now that my opinion isnt either respect or heared, not even by the mod. 3 years in the forum and still treated like a newbie

Post by Guyver (3,406 posts) See mini bio Level 14
That's taking it a little too far. You are very much respected by your fellow Vicers, and you know this. But RPing is much more than "Comics" and "Anime"-- it's an art. It's all about good sportsmanship and the self-expression of the self through words. I see your empathy; however, Sha will not change what she wants to do with her character. Keep in mind, it's not just RPers reading this thread. Fellow Vicers are monitoring the thread, too. Let's not discourage others from joining in the fun. When you got started here, isn't that what you wanted? To RP. If you leave, bro, you'll only be leaving behind a bitter end to a great legacy-- your legacy.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel