RPG Training and Trainers

Topic started by Rain_Man on Dec. 5, 2008. Last post by SamJaz 11 months, 3 weeks ago.
Post by Galenbeta (3,025 posts) See mini bio Level 12

@Kuro_San: no they basically told me about being original but i don't care much for that

Post by Masterofdeath (2,247 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@Kuro_San: Can I try to explain the importance of being original?

@Galenbeta: Well the reason to be original is that it helps create of feel that this site is it own little universe different from the manga and anime we watch and read. Also while copying some stuff from shows isn't a problem its kind of cheap to have your entire character be one big glob of parts series. Also when you do that you just say that they have it and don't explain anything about it. Now that in itself is a bad idea since not everybody have seen the same things as you. Here is one tip though when creating a character try to see if you could picture it being in its own book, movie, manga, etc. In its own world outside of the vice and separate from other characters. If not you may need to rethink the character.

Post by Kuro_San (1,338 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@Masterofdeath: That's very accurate, excellent!

@Galenbeta: Originally this forum was build under the premise of original content only, at least it was like that since I started almost 3 years ago. Just recently the animeverse have started. Most of the players here feel pride on our work, as the ideas come from us and the characters are reflections in some parts of us, thus we like the characters and we like them to grow and individual characters unhindered by other people ideas. In conclusion, I dont really mind if your character is a ragtag of different animes turned into a Marty Stu (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/MartyStu) but my main problem is the inclusion of such character to the original world we forged through years and years of effort. I love this forum and I love it specially because the Original Content, as I love it for that reasons is my wish that others love it for the same reasons.

Post by Masterofdeath (2,247 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@Kuro_San: dude has anybody every told you that you should be a college professor that teaches creative writing?

@Kuro_San: I never expect a speech like that from you i have to give you props for that one

Post by Kuro_San (1,338 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@Masterofdeath: @Galenbeta: Thanks

: i will probably keep jayden as my main guy but i willl now create a new one strictly from my brain and he will start as a not so balnk not so full canavas

Post by SamJaz (12,733 posts) See mini bio Level 20

@Galenbeta: Make sure Feha approves.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel